Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Wait a minute---did they not even scribe in the lines for the grey markings on the upper intakes?!?! It would have been an easy five-minute job to paint them if so, (they're on the CAD drawings!), but if they're not molded in at all---that'd be a darn difficult thing to mask with symmetrical angles on each side, etc. :( (plus it'd be 10x more likely to scrape/scratch off over time, vs having a nice recessed panel line surroundin the edges)

Do not worry, your lines are there.

Mine just arrived. So happy. Starting to wish I bought more than one. Perhaps one day in the future arcadia will go back to 1/72 (inspired by himetal vf-19 toy but bigger than it) and release that cheap for those who want a smaller and cheaper alternative to 1/60 but it has everything. (stand, missiles, fast pack, fold dildo, arm cannon, pin point barrier effect, ankles that don't get wrecked etc)

The fat robot mode is what I like about this. Any chance they will try to do the YF-21 with a chunkier robot mode as the focus in future?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Had a helluva time getting everything lined up just right with the Fast Packs in Fighter mode. Was not fun at all (I'm too OCD, everything had to be lined up perfectly).

5 minutes later I took them off, this one will stay naked.

-b.

Anyone try the original mounting parts for the fold booster? I wonder if they work still. I have one displayed in a case right now on my Max 22S and can't be assed to take it out. I ordered another Fold booster set the other day and it won't show up for maybe another couple of days. I am still waiting on my YF-19's too. They seemed to clear customs a bit slower this time around.

The mounting parts are slightly different, enough to where if you want the original to work, you would need to do some work on remaking the connectors.

Or maybe you could just swap heads? It'd be easier and not necessarily permanent.

The overall size of the first Yang is significantly larger than the new one. I think putting the old head on the new one would make him look like an olive on a toothpick. I'm just gonna work with the back side of the old Yang. See what I can do with that.

So nice that the top intake becomes butt flaps unlike that of the original.

Yeah, although I haven't figured out what was stopping them modifying that piece so the intake lip was conformal in fighter mode. :wacko:

Nice pics. Will panel line and add stickers to mine soon. Although it is tempting to put the extra missiles on mine, I feel the YF-19 looks better without them and just having FAST packs on.

To the guy who said his gunpod felt loose in the hand: Mine seems to be fine.

What I recommend is put a tiny amount of blutac/earthquake putty onto the little peg on the palm of the hand and it should stay firmly on the hand.

BTW does anyone miss the idea of oversized clown hands? I wish there were non-posable hands as extras that come with this. The gummy material makes for better grip too.

One thing that I immediately notice is the diecast makes this feel a lot more 'expensive' than the old one. Like it is solid and has guts in its body. Kind of like the original 1/48 VF-1 FAST packs.

OK, all done, stickers and panel lines done. Sorry about the crappy, blurry pics.

IMG_20140402_194202698_zpsf301079e.jpg

IMG_20140402_194218669_zps0bcb0e13.jpg

IMG_20140402_194208863_zps827f4f42.jpg

I noticed your Gerwalk is standing almost completely level. Is it very stable in that pose, like leaving it for a day you wouldn't come back and find it had nose-dived? And if so, the ankles don't become a floppy mess after pushing them back that far? Are both the thigh and knee joints all the way forward?

Edited by Mommar

Nice pics. Will panel line and add stickers to mine soon. Although it is tempting to put the extra missiles on mine, I feel the YF-19 looks better without them and just having FAST packs on.

To the guy who said his gunpod felt loose in the hand: Mine seems to be fine.

What I recommend is put a tiny amount of blutac/earthquake putty onto the little peg on the palm of the hand and it should stay firmly on the hand.

BTW does anyone miss the idea of oversized clown hands? I wish there were non-posable hands as extras that come with this. The gummy material makes for better grip too.

One thing that I immediately notice is the diecast makes this feel a lot more 'expensive' than the old one. Like it is solid and has guts in its body. Kind of like the original 1/48 VF-1 FAST packs.

It depends on the way they implement the clown hands. My Arcadia VF-1 fix-posed hands hold the gun-pod with a death grip to a point where I fear breakage when inserting or removing the gun-pod from them.

Scream man that Gerwalk-Mode pose looks fine. Is it possible that you post an image of the side view of this pose? I would be interested how far forward you can bring the lower legs. Ideally would be a side by side comparison with the old 1/60 YF-19 from Yamato.

Sure I can do that. Im about to go to bed right now, and its in Battroid ATM, but I'll do it in the morning. Its very stable though, no issues. But then i always found the VF-19's t be pretty stable as well, and this is comparable.

VA - I was the guywho said the pod feels loose. i may add Blutak, but its annoying i ave too. the VF-19 gunpods stay in great, I was hoping this wouldn't even be an issue.

The ankles on mine are very tight. I have it standing in GERWALK now with nose poining forward and it doesn't look lke it will change.

For those who have received theirs is this true for you guys too or am I just lucky?

As for loose gunpod, yes I agree for the price we pay we should not have to fix anything. But whatever.. This is still very big improvement over the old yamato. I hope they do repaints. I would say the only thing I have issue with is the gap where the knees are which lessens the fighter mode's appeal but apart from that, this is a work of art. Hopefully the wings don't go loose and lose friction over time.

Guest davidwhangchoi

my stuff just arrived at the post office. should be here by the end of the day.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Oh yeah one other thing:

the upper body doesn't lock to anything in GERWALK. Were people expecting that? When you pick it up in GERWALK you wil see what I mean.

So the chest just sits on the wing roots like the old YF-19? No tabs on the inside of the wing roots to lock the torso in place like on Yamatos VF-19? Really?

Oh yeah one other thing:

the upper body doesn't lock to anything in GERWALK. Were people expecting that? When you pick it up in GERWALK you wil see what I mean.

The VF-19's had tabs in the wing roots that locked into the upper body. Are you sure you haven't missed something? I'd be surprised if that isn't the case here.

The ankles on mine are very tight. I have it standing in GERWALK now with nose poining forward and it doesn't look lke it will change.

For those who have received theirs is this true for you guys too or am I just lucky?

My left foot on one is pretty loose.