Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I don't know, I find the argument that the missiles shouldn't be there because they aren't in the Animation amusing considering his primary concern has been two stripes of grey on the fuselage that also weren't in the Animation.

It's a cost thing. The grey stripes wouldn't affect total cost by any meaningful amount. But that big tray of missiles is surely 5000+ yen. Would rather have a nice new fold booster if they're going to include expensive accessories. Especially since they gave fold booster mounts.

If it's going to increase the cost significantly, it'd better be something "iconic". True, the grey stripes aren't that important--but they also wouldn't make you pay an extra 50 bucks if they were included and you didn't really want them.

I still have a few of my custom stickers that are better than the factory. You might want to try them.

What are you referring to? Did you make custom waterslide decals?

ok, i'm swooshing it around (i don't own a real camera) a few angles i love.

Maybe you should get a real camera because these are awesome now. Great photos have nothing to do with the tech and everything to do with the picture and these all look great.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Maybe you should get a real camera because these are awesome now. Great photos have nothing to do with the tech and everything to do with the picture and these all look great.

thanks for the compliments Mommar

OMG you put it on a mic stand haha, that's awesome. I might take some shots like that myself when I get mine

it really works!

OK, got mine, just been fiddling around with it a bit in fighter mode before really trying anything, but one thing sticks out so far (literally):

Those flaps on either side of the head. One (right side) won't go down all the way. Sticks up a bit in fighter mode. Bugs the heck out of me, being a fighter-mode guy. Anyone else encounter this? Can't figure out WHY it won't go down yet--doesn't hit anything that I can see, no mold flash etc. Doesn't seem to be pinned in so shouldn't be a mis-aligned pin.

And wow--the panel lines ARE fine. Don't know how well they'd work for a wash, as they are so shallow.

Overall color is---odd, IMHO. There is absolutely no warmth to it. It's almost a very pale greenish tan. Like weathered concrete or something. It's a cold, dull color.

OK, got mine, just been fiddling around with it a bit in fighter mode before really trying anything, but one thing sticks out so far (literally):

Those flaps on either side of the head. One (right side) won't go down all the way. Sticks up a bit in fighter mode. Bugs the heck out of me, being a fighter-mode guy. Anyone else encounter this? Can't figure out WHY it won't go down yet--doesn't hit anything that I can see, no mold flash etc. Doesn't seem to be pinned in so shouldn't be a mis-aligned pin.

And wow--the panel lines ARE fine. Don't know how well they'd work for a wash, as they are so shallow.

Overall color is---odd, IMHO. There is absolutely no warmth to it. It's almost a very pale greenish tan. Like weathered concrete or something. It's a cold, dull color.

You may have to slide the head out and re-position it. I had this same problem with my 19F and it was because the head wasn't quite aligned and it kept pushing one of the flaps next to it up.

You may have to slide the head out and re-position it. I had this same problem with my 19F and it was because the head wasn't quite aligned and it kept pushing one of the flaps next to it up.

Don't think it's the head, as I put the head/slider into battroid mode position to get it completely out of the way and it made no difference----the flap doesn't seem to be touching anything anywhere.

So how is this bird different from Yamato's?

Same way that a V1 and V2 1/60 VF-1 are.

AE is sooooo slow. Paid for this thing back when I ordered, but it still took 4 days after it came out to get the shipping payment through. Now I've been waiting 3 days for the EMS tracking number to come alive. It's looking like my BDay gift to myself won't make it on time.

Finally got an update. Mine is still sitting in Japan. Last time I use AE. I'll go with HLJ for the 0D if I decide to preorder one.

Wow this is a big bird! It has a good heft to it like the VF-4, must be all the die cast. The forward sweep of the wings is much more aggressive in person than conveyed by the pictures. My only gripe at this moment is there seem to be a lot of very little very fragile looking tabs. The tabs that hold the wings to the legs particularly look imminently breakable. I must have hallucinated that this came with a stand, for some reason I was expecting one. Otherwise, loving fighter mode, will transform when there is a decent video up.

Mine is sitting in Mississauga. Since I live in Ottawa, I should have it by tomorrow at the earliest. I wonder if Canada Customs is going to be nice to me like they were for the VF-4. And by nice, I mean not looking too closely at the value!

Wow this is a big bird! It has a good heft to it like the VF-4, must be all the die cast. The forward sweep of the wings is much more aggressive in person than conveyed by the pictures. My only gripe at this moment is there seem to be a lot of very little very fragile looking tabs. The tabs that hold the wings to the legs particularly look imminently breakable. I must have hallucinated that this came with a stand, for some reason I was expecting one. Otherwise, loving fighter mode, will transform when there is a decent video up.

Have you not owned any of the Yamato VF-19's? Unless the plastic on this release is more brittle those tabs do a pretty good job holding everything together.

Have you not owned any of the Yamato VF-19's? Unless the plastic on this release is more brittle those tabs do a pretty good job holding everything together.

No I never did buy any of the vf-19's. I wasn't a huge fan of 7, the only 19 I wanted was the YF. I'm sure they are fine, but they do seem like if you are not paying attention you could easily snap one off making a mistake in transformation.

Oh yeah---retractable neck cover----just as annoying as the previous one----does it "lock" into an extended position? I swear the thing is spring-loaded to pull back up inside the head. I once got it to what I figured was 90% extended----then it zipped back up in the head again. Haven't been able to get it that far out again since.

MOTHER F**KER! The wing is broken on mine!

It's just snapped right in two. Some f**king factory worker broke it and packaged it up anyway!

That's sucks. I don't think the high speed mode is worth it if the sacrifice is fragile wings. I've been treating my wings like Fabergé eggs.

That's sucks. I don't think the high speed mode is worth it if the sacrifice is fragile wings. I've been treating my wings like Fabergé eggs.

No dude, not that. It's snapped in two right down the middle.

Amiami are f**ks when it comes to replacements too, I believe.

Edited by Mommar

So quick question, I'm seeing the yamato release on mandarake for around $120, is the Arcadia release $180 better than the yamato?

Yamato version is like a mutant brother of the arcadia release. Not many were happy about the look in fighter mode from the side. But if you only want to look from above in fighter mode it is actually ok.

robot mode though? It's not as close to the battroid lineart which goes for a more beefy muscled look to the armor frame. One thing that stood out for me was how small the yf-19 gunpod was on the yamato.

It is a big enough difference to make buying the upgrade worth it. Some people like the slim look though so this is just my opinion. But one thing to keep in mind is that the new one is more posable in robot mode and includes the gimmicks like high speed mode so you are getting more "features" along with the improvements like better pilot detail which are posable.

Certain complaints like the chest not locking in robot mode of the old yamato yf-19 (I like to call it v1 because I don't include the 1/72 yf-19 as part of the line since they are different scale) are really inexcusable imo. That was also a problem with the Yamato VB-6 Monster too where the cannon just sat on top of the toy using gravity only, without something holding it to the rest of the toy. Having everything lock together is a big deal for me. It's the difference between the toy feeling like it was rushed and one that the maker considered what it feels like to hold in your hand. If you can grip something from the torso without it losing original form, it feels a lot better to touch and hold. You actually want to pick it up and look at it and pose it, not just stare at it. I felt like YF-19 yamato is more for just looking at like the yamato VB-6 monster. Whereas the arcadia is getting closer to what we would call a toy in terms of feel.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Are they really fragile or is it just poor QC and bad luck?

Sorry to hear that, Mommar. :(

Still waiting on mine and this stuff makes me a little more antsy.

Edited by xrentonx

Wait...the actual wing is snapped into two pieces? Damn...

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm sure you're doing this but just wanted to post a quick link to help:

http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq.html#7

hopefully they'll replace it or take care of you.

Q. An item/part of an item in my order arrived missing/broken!

A. Please contact us within 7 days from delivery and include clear, close-up photos of the defective parts along with a detailed explanation. We will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution. Please understand that it may take us a few days to respond to your claim as we will need to consult with management. We cannot provide resolution to any claims reported more than 7 days after delivery.

Please note that we are unable to accept responsibility for damages limited to a product's outer packaging.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Hell yeah!

Awesome, always wanted the YF-19 but with all the complaints of the Yamato version, thought I'd wait and see if the Arcadia was better. My VISA card is screaming! B))

So for those of you who have the Yamato YF-19 and now the new Arcadia version, which one do you prefer better? Is the Arcadia worth the price tag?

Is it worth the money to me personally? Yes. But each person seems to have a different idea of what something is worth. For example I liked the Bandai Himetals because they were quite nice to hold in your hand and play with as desk toys. And fun to transform since they were easier than yamato v2 1/60 with better shoulder system. But most avoided it because it was overpriced compared to 1/60 at the time of release. In general I am prepared to pay high price if it has the durabilityand doesn't feel like it is going to break when you look at it funny. (problem with many early yamato toys)

I think overall this is a better toy in the same way VF-1 v2 1/60 was over the old 1/48 vf-1.

With the sculpt and proportion of the 1/60 vf-1 v2, you don't get those tiny hands* of the 1/48 and everything looks better proportioned in the robot mode and looks more balanced for all three modes.

You also got the improvements like double jointed arms for better poses.

Some will still like the 1/48 in fighter mode over the v2 1/60 vf-1 yamato but overall the 1/60 is better than the 1/48 vf-1 and I think the same applies here with this new yf-19 compared to the old yf-19. The old YF-19 still doesn't have gap at the knee joint but so what. You get diecast, better pilots, missile in the legs gimmicks etc. Overall the strengths and improvements outweigh weaknesses. When they do repaints without all the extra missiles I will probably cave and buy another one. I already have two VF-19S because I like the toy a lot.

*the tiny hands looks ugly to me like the old yf-19 tiny gunpod and gullet are ugly to me. At the time I guess robot modes took a back seat to fighter modes when it was considered. Nobody thought of the mecha as 'action figures' that needed much pose-making features until the revoltechs came out.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker