They are suppose to look as old as they are now. haha I think it's refreshing that they are using the same actors even if they are aged, and playing them as that age.

Usually movies just reboot or do CGI.

Make the world feel more real and lived in than anything.

Edited by Gakken85

BOOM: CAST ANNOUNCED

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

post-1088-0-83056300-1398790406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duke Togo

A picture tells a thousand words. Mark Hamill is talking, perhaps brainstorming, with Max von Sydow? Interesting to see the young actors chat amongst themselves. Even more interesting to see Harrison listening to a animated JJ Abrams. Meanwhile Andy Serkis is intently reading his script, lol.

Even though we didn't see Billy Dee Williams cast in this film it doesn't mean he won't be in another SW film.

A picture tells a thousand words. Mark Hamill is talking, perhaps brainstorming, with Max von Sydow? Interesting to see the young actors chat amongst themselves. Even more interesting to see Harrison listening to a animated JJ Abrams. Meanwhile Andy Serkis is intently reading his script, lol.

Even though we didn't see Billy Dee Williams cast in this film it doesn't mean he won't be in another SW film.

Billy Dee is still not moving well after his hip(?) replacement surgery.

I'm guessing this will be the principal cast going through the next trilogy.

I have no idea who most of the people on that list are, is that a bad thing?

Well, Star Wars is known for using lesser known actors. Nice to see they are continuing the trend.

I'm guessing this will be the principal cast going through the next trilogy.

Well, Star Wars is known for using lesser known actors. Nice to see they are continuing the trend.

In the OT yes, but all the mains in the PT were known actors, for the most part, and those that weren't were rightly so *cough* the anakins *cough*

I have no idea who most of the people on that list are, is that a bad thing?

It is if you're a film nut.

Max von Sydow, one of the great actors. You really should know who he is, lol.

John Boyega established himself in Attack the Block

Oscar Isaac has quickly made a name for himself in the past few years, appearing in such films as Drive and Inside Llewyn Davis. He's the real deal.

Andy Serkis is Gollum/Smeagol in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Solid actor.

Adam Driver has been in films like Lincoln and Inside Llewyn Davis, and is a regular on the HBO series Girls. He's feel like a bit of a wild card in this cast, and I am not sure what to expect from him.

I don't know much about Domhnall Gleeson or Daisy Ridley.

Edited by Duke Togo

Actually, a surprising number of these actors have appeared in genre entertainment, so I figured more than a few members of Macross World will know the films even if you don't recognize the actors immediately.

• UK alien invastion film Attack The Block is from where you might know John Boyega as the main character.
  • If anyone here managed to check out Dredd, you'll recognize Domhnall Gleeson as the young hacker in the thrall of Lena Headey's evil druglord Ma Ma.
  • Oscar Isaac is arguably the most famous of the younger cast, which most genre fans will know as the deadbeat husband from Nicholas Winding Refn's 2011 film Drive

Personally, I'm glad they are using faces largely unknown to most audiences so we can really be immersed in the new Star Wars world.

Edited by Mr March

Place your bets will Andy Serkis be playing a human or a cgi creature?

This being a Star Wars film, I wouldn't take the odds for naught :)

Nice catch on Gleeson, March. Not that he's easy to recognize in that role, lol.

Small role, but a good one that was played well :)

I wonder if Boyega will keep his accent. That would be awesome, lol!

"Believe man, believe"

Edited by Mr March

Who cares if the newer actors are a bunch of no-names. If I ever see Johnny Depp whip out a light saber or Christian Bale force-choke somebody on screen I would have to go postal somewhere...

Actually, a surprising number of these actors have appeared in genre entertainment, so I figured more than a few members of Macross World will know the films even if you don't recognize the actors immediately.

• UK alien invastion film Attack The Block is from where you might know John Boyega as the main character.
  • If anyone here managed to check out Dredd, you'll recognize Domhnall Gleeson as the young hacker in the thrall of Lena Headey's evil druglord Ma Ma.
  • Oscar Isaac is arguably the most famous of the younger cast, which most genre fans will know as the deadbeat husband from Nicholas Winding Refn's 2011 film Drive

Personally, I'm glad they are using faces largely unknown to most audiences so we can really be immersed in the new Star Wars world.

It's been a while since I've watched Attack the Block but I recall enjoying it, may have to find some time to check it out again. I also don't remember Domhnall Gleeson in Dredd, but I can just pop in the Blu ray for a re-fresher.

What surprises me, or maybe it shouldn't considering how it was received is that no one here recognized Oscar Isaac from Sucker Punch as one of the main antagonists in the film.

Anyway now that the balling is rolling I'm very excited to see how everything shapes-up. :)

-b.

It's been a while since I've watched Attack the Block but I recall enjoying it, may have to find some time to check it out again. I also don't remember Domhnall Gleeson in Dredd, but I can just pop in the Blu ray for a re-fresher.

What surprises me, or maybe it shouldn't considering how it was received is that no one here recognized Oscar Isaac from Sucker Punch as one of the main antagonists in the film.

Anyway now that the balling is rolling I'm very excited to see how everything shapes-up. :)

-b.

I did know Isaac was in Sucker Punch, but I never saw the film. I think my days of watching films like Sucker Punch are long over :)

I did know Isaac was in Sucker Punch, but I never saw the film. I think my days of watching films like Sucker Punch are long over :)

Ha! Guilty pleasures sir, guilty pleasures. I consider franchises like Star Wars as one as well, but admittedly higher on my subjective rating scale.

-b.

You know guys all this talk about Star Wars has reminded me of what really turned me away from being a fan that I had mentally blocked out. It wasn't the prequels, or the NJO/Legacy books. It was the dvd version of ROTJ where they replaced Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost with Hayden Christensen for no god damn good reason what so ever. It got worse hearing Lucas's own convoluted and nonsensical explanation that only made want to punch him in the face.

Edited by renegadeleader1

You know guys all this talk about Star Wars has reminded me of what really turned me away from being a fan that I had mentally blocked out. It wasn't the prequels, or the NJO/Legacy books. It was the dvd version of ROTJ where they replaced Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost with Hayden Christensen for no god damn good reason what so ever. It got worse hearing Lucas's own convoluted and nonsensical explanation that only made want to punch him in the face.

Well that just begs for...

post-357-0-06439300-1398838650_thumb.jpg

And if anything I'm optimistic that there is new creative energy behind the new films.

-b.

*please note that I don't disagree w what you said, it's just that I HAD to find that pick after your post : )

Looked over the released cast picture that Duke posted above and I think that the seating arrangement is very telling with regards to who will play what.

Time will tell but I really think there is a movie/plot/story reason certain actors are seated next to one-another.

Spoiler for two of my guesses;

Daisy Ridley is the daughter of Han and Leia

Oscar Isaac and John Boyega are Jedi or protagonists

-b.