But he recently reprised his role in the LEGO movie...

And he is doing the same in the Rebels series.

In other news: IT HAS BEGUN! Photo: Day One of ‘Star Wars 7′ Filming Begins

"ND 6 bringing down two stops to a 5.6 stop. Probably long anamorphic lens on close up. 5.6 is a high stop for spherical lenses, but ok for slow anamorphics, especially if looking for more depth of field on close ups. If shooting on 200 ASA film stock, base exposure at 11 might indicate a lot of light and it’s an exterior. You’re welcome, nerds."

post-1088-0-07575300-1400257584_thumb.jpg

post-1088-0-85087900-1400253514.gif

Edited by Duke Togo

Whoa! Kate Jarvis could be in the new Star Wars. I don't expect many here to know who Jarvis is, but she is a big deal to me because a few years back she was in one of the best independent films I've seen lately called "Fish Tank". She's not your typical Hollywood flavor of the month and she's incredibly talented. If there was a great choice for a Star Wars female lead, Jarvis would be it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/katie-jarvis-star-wars/

Keeping fingers crossed :)

Whoa! Kate Jarvis could be in the new Star Wars. I don't expect many here to know who Jarvis is, but she is a big deal to me because a few years back she was in one of the best independent films I've seen lately called "Fish Tank". She's not your typical Hollywood flavor of the month and she's incredibly talented. If there was a great choice for a Star Wars female lead, Jarvis would be it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/katie-jarvis-star-wars/

Keeping fingers crossed :)

Major grain of salt, as The Latino Review has pretty much shat the bed with most of their supposed leaks and rumors regarding Episode 7.

Major grain of salt, as The Latino Review has pretty much shat the bed with most of their supposed leaks and rumors regarding Episode 7.

But...but...it would be so awesome! Ah, you're probably right, but I'm still going to dream :)

Eh... I want this to be good, but I can't get too excited about this, JJA is overrated. I can't think of any project he's been attached to that I thought was all that great.

Eh... I want this to be good, but I can't get too excited about this, JJA is overrated. I can't think of any project he's been attached to that I thought was all that great.

It's being produced by Kathleen Kennedy and co-written by Lawrence Kasdan. What else do you want? Should we resurrect Orson Welles to direct?

While I know Kennedy and Kasdan are quality, a good script can still be turned to trash by a bad director.

What makes him a bad director? I'm not a huge fan of his work or anything, but he's hardly incompetent. The problems I've had with his work have almost always been story related.

What makes him a bad director? I'm not a huge fan of his work or anything, but he's hardly incompetent. The problems I've had with his work have almost always been story related.

Agree, and I have more faith in this production and with J.J. as the Director then a lot of other films coming out.

-b.

While I know Kennedy and Kasdan are quality, a good script can still be turned to trash by a bad director.

When it comes to something like Star Wars, his directing style is pretty much right up it's alley. Star Trek is proof he can shoot a good Star Wars movie (but not a good Star Trek.) However, the writers he works with are HORRIBLE.

I bet the winner of the charity thing donates 20k.

I'm not a fan of Lost, but the Star Trek movies are decent.

Anything is better than what Lucas did. Just give me that feeling again.

I bet the winner of the charity thing donates 20k.

I'm not a fan of Lost, but the Star Trek movies are decent.

Anything is better than what Lucas did. Just give me that feeling again.

Partially agree with you on Star Trek (Darkness was a bit of a letdown, at least in parts).

J.J. will make a good looking Star Wars film, if the optimism isn't misplaced then the story should be good as well.

And waves hand...you will find the feeling you're looking for.

-b.

We know what Gareth Edwards will be doing next. Edwards is still attached to the next Godzilla movie and that will start after this.

Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta Onboard for Star Wars Stand-Alone Film

We'll split this off when the official title comes out.

Beat me to it. Here's /Film's take: http://www.slashfilm.com/gareth-edwards-star-wars-spin-offs/

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent

Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie Join ‘Star Wars Episode VII’

Those who were upset that the first big wave of Star Wars Episode VII casting did not include more women can breathe a bit easier. Lupita Nyong’o (Non-Stop, and winner of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) have just been added to the cast.

Both women have been tipped for roles in the film, and they are both excellent additions to the cast. Lupita Nyong’o proved her abilities as a powerhouse performer with gut-wrenching scenes in 12 Years a Slave, for which she took home an Oscar. And Gwendoline Christie has earned fans for her performance as the fighter Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones, in which her physical prowess is matched by her ability to

Here’s the official release from StarWars.com:

Lupita Nyong’o joins the recently announced cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. This year, her breakthrough performance in 12 Years a Slave earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Gwendoline Christie, currently starring in the hit television series Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production. She can next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.

“I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “It’s thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape.”

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
Edited by Duke Togo

How much filming has been done? All this late casting news makes me a little leery - casting should be complete LONG before filming starts. At least they don't seem to be rewriting the script any more.

Principle photography started roughly two weeks ago. I believe the scenes being filmed in Abu Dhabi have been completed. Remember, not every cast member is in every scene, or even every location.

Principle photography started roughly two weeks ago. I believe the scenes being filmed in Abu Dhabi have been completed. Remember, not every cast member is in every scene, or even every location.

Or may not even have a big a role to play in Episode 7. There's still Episodes 8 and 9.

Or may not even have a big a role to play in Episode 7. There's still Episodes 8 and 9.

If they don't have a big role then why even bother mentioning they have been cast? OK, Star Wars so every goon on screen for 10 seconds and has 1 line needs to be mentioned. Even with only 2 weeks filming done I still say anyone worth mentioning should have been cast long ago.

If they don't have a big role then why even bother mentioning they have been cast? OK, Star Wars so every goon on screen for 10 seconds and has 1 line needs to be mentioned.

That's pretty much the end-all be-all of SW. I wouldn't be surprised if half these people are on screen for 0.5 secs just the "establish" them in SW lore and get them an action figure for the first movie---then ACTUALLY have a role in the next film.

Yeesh, I was just looking up the new LEGO B-wing---and it comes with a "General Cracken" figure. Who? Googled him---in a ROTJ deleted scene and never actually seen in theaters etc, but now he's got enough backstory to get a figure with the B-wing set... I don't think he's even on the DVD cut-scenes etc.

So yeah, that's SW in a nutshell.

Again, we knew there was atleast one more major female role to cast. Now it's been cast, and then some. Likely there were scheduling issues and contracts to hammer out. They're settled, and here they are.

Dynaman, you're entitled to think whatever you want, but your opinion does not line up with how Hollywood works.

Yeah and you have to think from a Marketing stand point that its a win. Both women are highly regarding for their acting skills and in a short period have made quite a splash in Hollywood. Disney would be stupid to not take advantage of their popularity.