1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

The super packs have already been made... for the VF-25. Take a close look, they're practically the same.

Oh I know, to me the VF4 looks more VF1 mechanical look, then the VF-25' more organic look.

Hard lines vs. sidelines.

I hope they don't ship early lol ( for once ), post Xmas is the best time to drop 300$.

One of my problems is I have mistakenly made two accounts on HLJ.

One has my VF4, the other has my PW stash. I'm too paranoid to ask them to combine them

Before the order is paid and sitting. I'd rather pay more shipping then loose my PO.

Did they send you a request for payment or did you have a credit card on file and they just charged you?

It happened right when I did my order on Friday, I paid via Paypal too, so that might've had something to do with it.

Actually it says they will do it and that those who already paid need to contact them. Though i just checked my account and it says i can pay but it still shows the higher price. I just sent an email asking for the lower price and then I'll pay.

Chris

I looked at my account and my order was ready to pay at the lower $309 price tag. However shipping was still $57.00 :angry: I really hope when NY gets this thing in they'll realize they're over charging on shipping.

$309, that's cheaper than both of mine!

Actually it says they will do it and that those who already paid need to contact them. Though i just checked my account and it says i can pay but it still shows the higher price. I just sent an email asking for the lower price and then I'll pay.

Chris

Not quite:

"If the YEN price of a pre-order product has been down, you can ask us to update the price of your order with the new price. (or a refund of the difference for preorders already paid).

This is valid only before the official release of the product.

Caution, orders in others currencies (Euros, USD, CHF, GBP) are updated everyday depending on the Yen rate. The price of your pre-order in one of this currency can not be updated if the price only changed because of the YEN rate.

You will have to pay the price indicated in your order.

If you want have the last Yen rate, we recommend you to make your order directly in the Yen currency."

If you pre-orderd in Yen you're fine. Otherwise you're screwed. Apparently I'm screwed.

do you guys think super pack maybe in progress?

I guarantee you there will be no super packs for the VF-4...

What was the reason for the first price change, I can't remember? They lowered it then for me. Can't check their site as it seems to be down again. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I looked at my account and my order was ready to pay at the lower $309 price tag. However shipping was still $57.00 :angry: I really hope when NY gets this thing in they'll realize they're over charging on shipping.

Well my shipping quote is $170 ($85 each to South America) and only regular air mail, not even EMS!!!

If NY won't lower my price then I will probably cancel with them since it is $15 more than HLJ not to mention their ridiculous shipping price. I wanted to stand by them but if they are going to stick it to us both in price and shipping then I'll stay with my pre-order with HLJ. When I looked on the item page I saw NOTHING about exchange rate price that Mommar quoted all it said was this.

"Choujikuu Yousai Macross - VF-4G Lightning III

Limited Edition Yamato Online Shop

Pre-order, available December 2012

Customers who ordered with the old price will have automatically the new price when sending invoices.

Customers who have already paid their preorder are requested to contact us by email.

Japanese Version!

New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!

Chris

They refused to lower the price on mine. The first time they did allow the price change,but they changed the policy apparently. I wish I would have pre ordered another one elsewhere. I wonder if they would change it to yen for me.

Edited by Loop

Well, I sent an email asking for clarification as well since I placed my pre-order before they had the message on the VF-4 page about updating the old price automatically.

If they don't lower my price, I will definitely not be doing any more business with them since that would be a scam. I mean, the cost to them to get the items didn't change and if the dollar is worth more against the yen now then when it was invoiced, they are making additional money off people with the old price since they are effectively charging people more yen after the currency conversion if they refuse to charge the JPY equivalent in USD.

Ugh, I have a migraine right now so I'm not sure if I was able properly convey my point. I can't think straight at the moment...

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Anybody heard from HLJ yet?

Nope, and if Yamato do not plan to release the VF-4 to retailers the same day do it for the online store we will be seeing payment request 2 or 3 days after the Yamato web official date of release.

So let me get this straight...I preordered the VF-4 when the price was at its original price, so now I have to contact Nippon yassan to have them change it to the new price?

Only if you've already paid for it at the higher price. NY said they will update the price to match the lower one when sending you the invoice for the pre-order. But you can send them a message on the order comment section to update the price ahead of time. They did it for me when the price was $324, I asked them to update it again to the $309 price - probably won't get a reply for a week or two though.

Regarding the confusion about shipping dates, it's important to remember that Yamato is a very very small company. They dont have the muscle or distribution network of a bandai or some larger company like that. Additionally, this is an online only product, so other online stores that are stocking it are just regular customers as far as Yamato is concerned and will have their VF-4Gs sent to them at the same time as everyone else. To clarify:

-Yamato has said they will ship on Dec. 25th, however due to the large number of orders they have received, some may slip to the 26th or 27th. But they expect all orders to go out within this 3-day window. This means orders to individuals and online retailers. (FYI, the deadline for payment to Yamato for individual orders is Dec. 14th - ie, today. Not sure if they have a different payment date for larger online retailers).

-add a few days for you online retailer of choice to recieve and repack.

-take into account the fact that the whole country of Japan shuts down from around Jan 28 or 29 for the better part of a week (hey, it makes up for always working on Christmas).

So, realistically speaking, I think that most online retailers will send their orders out during the 2nd week of January, with a handful managing to ship prior to the New years break.

Edited by Tochiro

Hey Thanx Tochiro for clearing all that up.

Also a thank-you to skullmilitia & Dimis for your replies.

Sorry for any stupid questions...I got abit excited didn't lol.

I just haven;t ordered a yamato product for nearly 3 yrs , was abit out of touch with all the shipping protocol.

I can't wait for this, this is gonna be the best xmas/new yr evea!!!

Hey Tochiro , any idea when the transformation pics are coming?

Thanx, peace.

I just got a response from Nippon-Yasan. They told me that when I go to pay I will be billed at whatever the current price is. Logged into Paypal and sure enough I was charged at the current listed price, $309. So there you go. Just a matter if you're not enthused about their shipping prices I suppose. Or the odd times they go down for maintenance.

So those that ordered with Nippon Yasan when can we expect a request for payment (for those that didn't pay out right away)? Should we expect a request for payment ahead of time or a few days after the 25th? They will send an e-mail to request payment right? They don't expect us to go to their website to do it do they?