1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

That looks so damn cool, now I'm even more bummed about not having been able to preorder one of these... Whoever else gets theirs, take lots of pictures for those of us less lucky!

The VF-4G is back on sale again:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-19

Well aceoftherebellion, now you have no excuse; if you can swing the funds for one, this would be the time to go for it. It's been 1 hour since neoexcaliber's post and it's still up for purchase, and at $303.11 + shipping (which is bound to be cheaper than N-Y) at current exchange rates.

DOO EET! Join the dark side of fanancial insolvency... :p

Edit: Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by mechaninac

Well aceoftherebellion, now you have no excuse; if you can swing the funds for one, this would be the time to go for it. It's been 1 hour since neoexcaliber's post and it's still up for purchase, and at $303.11 + shipping (which is bound to be cheaper than N-Y) at current exchange rates.

DOO EET! Join the dark side of fanancial insolvency... :p

Edit: Merry Christmas everyone!

Peer pressure is a scary thing. :p

Hmmm.....the hands flips out. I think I rather they slide out of their housing which makes it more practical in the real world.

But I think in the long run, as a toy, the slide option might come loose and while in plane mode, a pair of hands might suddenly pop out!

Edited by VF25-F

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg ....can't......wait......must....wait.... :wub:/>/>

haha..we're all right there with ya!

the 3 day window 25th-27th yamato's sending it out, I keep checking my hotmail account 5 times a day to see if I have a payment request. Hopefully soon we'll see members posting about their payment requests from different resellers other than NY!!!

Edited by troyness

Looks like the leg tailfins touch the ground when the wheels are down,

They are on hinges... it means no problem

User error when transforming to fighter mode. :p They should go as far up as possible when the gear is down. On real planes with the same issue, the ventral fins are controlled by the landing gear handle.

Looking good. I'm expecting two of these soon.

I'm still mildly disappointed that the shoulders don't rotate for more arm poseability, but then they're never shown to do so in the art. I'm sure SK would have told Yamato if they did. Nevertheless, I'm still impressed with what Yamato have accomplished, especially with those tricky knee joints. If ever there was going to be a fail point, the knees would be it due to the transformation process.

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to finally having this in my hands.

HLJ has already updated the product's details like weight, size etc. Looks like it'll be out today so I guess we'll be charged pretty soon.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-19

Looks like the box is slightly bigger than the VF-22S. A little thicker.

Thanx for that neoexcaliber , very interesting!!...Charge me up..can't wait!!

Hey Tochiro , I'm not a display case kinda guy, I love complicated transformations, that's the joy I get out of collecting these.

How much enjoyment did you get out of transforming the VF-4G compared to other 1/60's you handled?

What horredous use of real estate. I knew from early on that the 4G wasn't getting any accessories other than extra hands and stand adaptors, but that tray just looks so sparse and lop-sided. It would've been far better to place the Lightning III at an angle, maybe 45%, which would still leave plenty of space for the meager tidbits, and likely allow the box to be more compact, and possibly less expensive to ship too. Or, given the price of this toy, and the amount of unused volume in that box, Yamato should have included a stand... heck, Bandai does at half the MSRP, and in smaller boxes.

Edited by mechaninac

Aren,t those the articulating hands in the box, I guess the fixed posed are in the forearms

Yamato, always good at wasting space in a box, when it comes to box they don,t listen.