1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

nippon-yasan.com had the VF-4 for about $310. Last time I checked it was cheaper than at HLJ.

If Yamato releases these on the 25th, doesn’t that mean online retailers will get it a few days later? Plus with all the vacation/holidays we’ll be lucky to have ours early January.

this thread needs more photos.

Looks like all the fingers are articulated..right?

Hope the wings don't get loose over time.

Swappable hands. The hands that can fit inside for transforming don't move. Or rather, we're speculating that the pose-able hands cannot fit in fighter mode.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!

I picked a great time to listen to my gut feeling and log back into MW!

I've been wanting this for the past 11 YEARS!!!!!

I'm gonna have to buy another one next year for a custom paint scheme.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!

I picked a great time to listen to my gut feeling and log back into MW!

I've been wanting this for the past 11 YEARS!!!!!

I'm gonna have to buy another one next year for a custom paint scheme.

Glad to hear you're excited. Hopefully there are still some available. I think they've been pretty consistently selling out. Unless they release a new scheme there may not be another one next year.

I just preordered one, so I'm hoping there's still another in a month or two. I'm gladly putting racecar/driftcar stuff on the back burner for this.

Edited by Lightning 06

nippon-yasan.com had the VF-4 for about $310. Last time I checked it was cheaper than at HLJ.

If Yamato releases these on the 25th, doesn’t that mean online retailers will get it a few days later? Plus with all the vacation/holidays we’ll be lucky to have ours early January.

HLJ's price is about the same. But I am sure HLJ will be charging much less for shipping than NY.

HLJ's price is about the same. But I am sure HLJ will be charging much less for shipping than NY.

That's what I'm hoping for, having cancelled my N-Y preorder almost a month ago; their quoted EMS charge (their least expensive option) was absurd. HLJ should come in at 50-60% of that for Fed-EX, and if you add their custormer support for Macross related items...

That's what I'm hoping for, having cancelled my N-Y preorder almost a month ago; their quoted EMS charge (their least expensive option) was absurd. HLJ should come in at 50-60% of that for Fed-EX, and if you add their custormer support for Macross related items...

But how much will FedEx brokerage / customs taxes charge you? Dunno about the US, but Canadians get raped by UPS and FedEx all the time on cross border shipments. EMS would be the way to go for us...

I haven't encountered customs or brokerage fees with FedEx shipping from HLJ to the US on any occasion, S&H is often slightly less than EMS, and delivery to my door is usually 2 days quicker. However, I'm well aware that other countries impose all sorts of duties, tariffs, charges, taxes or whatever other name they choose to call it; so, your particular situation will dictate the shipping method that best suits you.

Edit: Also, even for EMS, HLJ should be at least 35% less than what N-Y is charging.

Edited by mechaninac

From the impression I got from Tochiro's post..it's yamato that is shipping on the 25th( yamato's online store???)

That mightn't mean that online stores like hlj.com etc.. are shipping on the 25th.

I don't think alot of online stores are even aware yet of the 25th release/shipping date...hkcollectables.com hasn't recieved any notice yet.

Has anyone emailed with their respective online retailers and confirmed a Dec 25th shipping date?

I think your being a tad niave. If Yamato ships on the 25th, the the local Japanese retailers won't

Receive there's until the 26th, then they have to receive them, process them, and pack them to go out.

Lets say now it's the 27th, that's Thursday in the US, but close to the weekend in JP.

A conservative estimate looking at the two major end of year holidays, I'd say no one sees one

Here until the 1st of Jan.

This all of which means nothing if the world ends on the 21st.

At the least if the Sun shoots of a massive solar flare like they think might actually happen.

It would slow shipping times down.

Well that was the confussion with me , the 25th -is that yamato's plan to have them shipped from online retailers or yamato's release date to customers/online retailers.I didn't think my question was naive, the 27th is Thursday everywhere in the world.

I can't tell if your being an a-hole or not so I'll just say thanx...I think?

Well that was the confussion with me , the 25th -is that yamato's plan to have them shipped from online retailers or yamato's release date to customers/online retailers.I didn't think my question was naive, the 27th is Thursday everywhere in the world.

Sorry, but how can (and why would?) Yamato advise when the online retailers will be able to ship their pre-orders? :blink: Seriously, you just need to repeat this to know it sounds bonkers! :p So yes, it means is that on the 25th they will start going out to Japanese customers and online re-sellers.

Not trying to be an A-hole, I think you just might have gotten too excited lol.

Sorry, but how can (and why would?) Yamato advise when the online retailers will be able to ship their pre-orders? :blink: Seriously, you just need to repeat this to know it sounds bonkers! :p So yes, it means is that on the 25th they will start going out to Japanese customers and online re-sellers.

Plenty of other companies dictate what day their merchandise should be available. Why would this be any more different/bonkers?

But how much will FedEx brokerage / customs taxes charge you? Dunno about the US, but Canadians get raped by UPS and FedEx all the time on cross border shipments. EMS would be the way to go for us...

Yes, definitely! UPS is worst than FedEx, but both are ridiculous (I've had to pay more than the cost of the item being shipped on more than one occassion!) It really is highway robbery and its not like I live in an igloo in the middle of the arctic circle?!

Yes, overseas UPS is armed robbery. One thing is receiving a UPS package in the US but in other countries they charge insane fees. I can't order parts from shapeways cause they use UPS and I know I'll end up paying four or five times the cost of the item!!!