1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

When I ordered my DYRL blueray set from NY I definitely felt like I got ripped off for the shipping cost. Same thing with VF-4G, they are charging $60 to ship?

That's why I'm leaning towards buying from HLJ. Their shipping cost has always been reasonable.

The price difference up front isn't that big a difference between hlj adn NY. It's the shipping where it really is different. Also, HLJ has a good relationship with Yamato, so if there's a broken part, or a piece missing, HLJ will either send you the part, or replace it. For something like this, there's no way I'd go to any other place other than HLJ.

Do they always upgrade you to FedEx? They never did that for me.

I've only ordered one thing from them so from my perspective yes, always, but I haven't had too many dealings with them. We'll see with the 25G this month if they do it again or if I was lucky that one time.

there's no way EMS for those should be $100.

There was no shipping cost estimate available at the time that I ordered from HLJ. I selected standard shipping. From previous experiences with HLJ, shipping should not be near $100 for a $335 item. Unless someone has to absolutely have it overnight once it comes out.

Same here! Thanks to these forums here (although if it weren't for these forums here, I probably wouldn't know about this release and my baby would have diamond shoes! ;-)

There was no shipping cost estimate available at the time that I ordered from HLJ. I selected standard shipping. From previous experiences with HLJ, shipping should not be near $100 for a $335 item. Unless someone has to absolutely have it overnight once it comes out.

Well the value doesn't really matter. This is an estimate for a parcel weighing 2.5kgs. That's how much the Patlabor Ingram had weighed, and there's no way the VF-4 will match it. I think the actual EMS cost will be around 4000YEN, so around $70? And the standard mail will not be that much cheaper unfortunately (unlike buying from Hong Kong sellers)

That wasn't my question.

That being said if it's meeting expectations does that mean a FB2012 scheme could be coming? They know people will shell out for the VF-4 now.

Potential licensing issues aside, why on earth would they publicly discuss such a thing when the first version has yet to even be released? They have yet to even send Japanese buyers payment details yet and would just risk cancellations by announcing another release so soon. Makes absolutely zero business sense.

Potential licensing issues aside, why on earth would they publicly discuss such a thing when the first version has yet to even be released? They have yet to even send Japanese buyers payment details yet and would just risk cancellations by announcing another release so soon. Makes absolutely zero business sense.

Other than missing that post about the licensing issue which brings to close any speculation I had about FB2012... why are you answering a question I didn't ask? That's twice in this thread someone has imagined some other question/statement to answer. Nowhere did I say Yamato was going to announce/discuss any sort of other release. I made a speculation if this release did well, and if anybody here knew how that was going, maybe that would indicate an FB2012 release.

Other than missing that post about the licensing issue which brings to close any speculation I had about FB2012... why are you answering a question I didn't ask? That's twice in this thread someone has imagined some other question/statement to answer. Nowhere did I say Yamato was going to announce/discuss any sort of other release. I made a speculation if this release did well, and if anybody here knew how that was going, maybe that would indicate an FB2012 release.

Apologies for not being clearer. I admit that I'm far too used to 'speculating' becoming 'rumour' becoming 'some guy posting utter rubbish on the internets.' Hence I'm no fan of the 'speculation' stage - especially when I've seen how it can start unfounded rumours that then damage orders for a product not yet launched (speaking from personal experience on that one).So sorry for jumping the gun. Let me put it this way - when Yamato has yet to even start receiving payment from their core and only official market it is far, far too early to be speculating anything. Pre-orders are one thing but until the money is in the bank it's too early to call the VF-4 a 'success.'

Apologies for not being clearer. I admit that I'm far too used to 'speculating' becoming 'rumour' becoming 'some guy posting utter rubbish on the internets.' Hence I'm no fan of the 'speculation' stage - especially when I've seen how it can start unfounded rumours that then damage orders for a product not yet launched (speaking from personal experience on that one).So sorry for jumping the gun. Let me put it this way - when Yamato has yet to even start receiving payment from their core and only official market it is far, far too early to be speculating anything. Pre-orders are one thing but until the money is in the bank it's too early to call the VF-4 a 'success.'

That's extremely pragmatic. I can respect that. I've seen it happen too. I was attempting to avoid speaking in absolutes but I was basing it on, I think it was Kicker's, response that it had met expectations (which has still not been VERIFIED unless somebody with more knowledge of production/toy sales can chime in about why it might be.) The thing is that right now because it isn't the FB2012 version some people aren't buying this at all. And it appears they're assuming, based on some past experiences or simply stubborn, they believe a FB2012 version will appear. Otherwise sales of this version of the VF-4 may be higher still if it weren't for that divide.

In other news I've been gazing at the flyer for the VF-4 that came with my 19F and I'm dying for more pictures (really, one of these in hand.) I wish i could swing paying for more than one but between having to buy a new computer, new windows and new stucco there's no way I can justify all of that extra expense.