1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

This valk was born to bend backwards. But I don't mind, it looks wonderful in fighter mode.

The Yamato stand is a must. I will look for the black one.

Also, if it does not not come with Skull or U.N SPACY stickers, I will go back to the old days and make some.

Hopefully there's a lot of weight in the legs to counter the back heaviness of the battroid design. It looks like it would have a hard time standing with all that not only jutting out the back, but also being on the top.

Beautiful piece though. I would love to get one for the fighter mode.

Why is everybody that worried about the possibility of it being too top heavy or difficult to pose? Does it really look more imbalanced than say a VF-27, an YF-29, a VF-1 with Super Pack, etc? I’m sure Yamato will cope with it, am I wrong?

Hey the left hand is a fixed posed fist.

Preorder cancelled! Screw you, Yamato! Worst company EVER :angry:

;)Man is this thing pretty

Edited by xrentonx

Why is everybody that worried about the possibility of it being too top heavy or difficult to pose? Does it really look more imbalanced than say a VF-27, an YF-29, a VF-1 with Super Pack, etc? I’m sure Yamato will cope with it, am I wrong?

Dont forget the QRau... and that carries a 1/60 Meltrandi in it...

Is HLJ going to be taking the non binding pre-orders? That way Yamato can get a more accurate count.

Based on all of the images we've seen so far the majority of the diecast, especially in Battroid, is right in the center of the toy. I think it will be more stable then we realize. Since the VF-19 Yamato has gotten a lot better about making their toys more stable/balanced.

Gerwalk looks a lot better then I ever thought it did in the few scetches/video games it's been in. I can't believe how having these things in person can make such a difference. I REALLY love the way the 171 comes off in Gerwalk when I never once thought it looked good in the animation. Same with the 17.

Preorder cancelled! Screw you, Yamato! Worst company EVER :angry:

;)Man is this thing pretty

More like Bandai's the worst company ever :ph34r: Still, this thing is looking beautiful. I'm sure it'll have a full array of hands like the old 1/48 VF-1's that are interchangeable. It'll make it more worth the ridiculous price we're gonna pay for it.

I hate to ostracize myself but I never did like VF-4. Now that I see the Battroid I like it less. It just looks like a step back from the VF-1, not forward. What I do hope is that it is successful enough to warrant restocking of other missed items. I can't believe 1:60 v2 VF-25's are hitting the $600 mark on Ebay! I want to see how much the VF-4 goes for on Ebay in a few weeks.

...a super big butt that would make Sir Mix-a-Lot sing about them.

I like BIG-BUTS and I cannot lie - you other pilots can't deny - that when a Valk flies in - with an itty-bitty waist and a back-pack in your face - you get SPRUNG!

so beautiful :wub:

I only hope yamato do not follow the stupidity of bandai with limited stock -_-

I'm pretty sure the most of us want more than one :rolleyes:

It won't be like the Bandai situation. For starters: these will be made-to-order -- and all that that implies.

Is it possible to fill out the preorder form, from this side of the pond or is it just for japan and asia? If so can some body give a translation on the sign up to us who can not read the site please.

Just Asia. Yamato can't ship macross items outside of Asia. Your last name wouldn't be Shaw would it?

Thanks for sharing the pics. I've always hated the battroid for this bird, but the fighter mode is worth it all by itself. I can't wait for this to go on sale.