1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

How? I thought you couldn't if you were outside Japan.

-Kyp

Proxy buyer in Japan.....

But I think ff95gj is correct...you should be able to place an order from places like Rinkya or FromJapan.......only thing is....Yamato Online Shop says that they may modifiy orders based on availability....that may be why some shops have not started taking pre-orders.....When Bandai starts accepting orders for their web only stuff...seems every shop out there starts taking orders....so not sure why this Yamato pre-order offering is any different....other than the possibility of not being able to meet the final demand.........

I was waiting for our local "group buy" go-to guys to set something up....but have not seen any posts from them........I'll probably want to get at least one more when/if they organize a group buy.........

Kermit the Tomahawk Frog look can be fixed by lowering the head guns down...

post-8486-0-57208900-1342020322_thumb.jpg

looks meaner now...more reptilian than amphibian! :lol:

Edited by jvmacross

I added my vote. Really, really hope that this is easier to get than Bandai's blink-and-you-miss-it renewal VF-25 line.

Being a valkyrie collector has definitely become a bittersweet hobby, esp when the desire and finances are available, but the valks themselves are elusive.

I hope the demand for this is significant to the point that it will receive, if not a standard release like their previous valks, at least a second wider release. Moreso, I hope the demand for this makes them see potential for mass release, multiple repaints, and a tidy profit, i.e. incentive. Dreaming aloud, but I hope it comes to fruition.

Asked Nippon-Yasan if they're going to carry the VF-4, their reply:

Hello and thank you for your email!

This product will be available in our website but we can't tell you when and the price for the moment.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us!

Takuya from Nippon-Yasan

I think eyesonme is correct. Why would you laugh at that? The VF-4 only showed up in a twenty minute music video from twenty five years ago. Whereas the Frontier stuff has been ALL OVER Japan the last four years. Obviously there's going to be a big rush domestically as well as internationally. Just because the long time fans like us want the VF-4 doesn't mean the rest of the world is clamoring for it, remembers it or is even aware of it's existence in the first place. Now the whole webshop exclusive is a pain to order from but that doesn't mean it's going to disappear off shelves in four seconds like all of the Renewal Valks have.

Now the whole webshop exclusive is a pain to order from but that doesn't mean it's going to disappear off shelves in four seconds like all of the Renewal Valks have.

Which begs the question - is it even going to appear on store shelves?

I think eyesonme is correct. Why would you laugh at that? The VF-4 only showed up in a twenty minute music video from twenty five years ago. Whereas the Frontier stuff has been ALL OVER Japan the last four years. Obviously there's going to be a big rush domestically as well as internationally. Just because the long time fans like us want the VF-4 doesn't mean the rest of the world is clamoring for it, remembers it or is even aware of it's existence in the first place. Now the whole webshop exclusive is a pain to order from but that doesn't mean it's going to disappear off shelves in four seconds like all of the Renewal Valks have.

What you've said is true, the VF-4 might very well last longer than Bandai's now infamous Mac F releases. But if you think for one second this thing isn't going to sell out stupid fast, then I'm afraid you and eyesonme (And anyone else who thinks likewise) are in for a very rude awakening.

Hey, personally I hope you're both right, I would LOVE to be wrong about this, but I don't think I am. :(

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

There are already a lot of people who won't buy one at more than $300. Unless there's a miraculous turn in the US economy I'm willing to bet many people are going to be disappointed... or eat their words come purchase time.

hi. Im new here. I signed up JUST to vote on this. I really would love to add this to my collection.

So is there any place I can go to pre order it or am I too late?

I have already sent an email to From Japan.. see what they say!

Cheers!

Welcome! If you find a place that is accepting preorders, let us know!

There are already a lot of people who won't buy one at more than $300. Unless there's a miraculous turn in the US economy I'm willing to bet many people are going to be disappointed... or eat their words come purchase time.

In all likelihood I'll just resign myself to enjoying the pictures taken over here. There are just too many other things I can do with $300, like saving for another trip to Japan.

Edited by raptormesh

The price is steep, but I would be a hipocrite considering I pre-ordered a VF-17D at 254€.

But my problem is - and I am betting others have the same dilemma - am I willing to do this for a paint scheme I don't really like or at least associate with?

There is no connection here, do not know who flew this variant and what role it played in the Macross-verse?

I would say if you care about all that stuff that doesn't pertain to an imaginary scheme, then you should avoid buying this. Myself, I love the scheme even though it has no cannon role at all (I think it was in a videogame or something). Sometimes you gotta make your own stories B))

Edited by xrentonx

I understand what Kyp is saying, but I agree with Mommar too. One of the things that has helped the DX line is it's price, and with what Regular release Yamato valk have been costing already, it doesn't bode well for what the price may be for the VF-4. I also think a lot of people will be put off by the price when it is announced....me being one of them.

I really hope I'm wrong about the price, as I really want one, but Yamato has really priced themselves out of my league with their Mac 7 stuff. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I have to admit, I'm probably one of the few that doesn't care what markings are on it. I don't mind a completely clean valk, I'm just a nut for aircraft that transform, and I've wanted a good representation of this one for a long time.

The price.. I think I'll buy one regardless. I might regret it later, but considering how much I've spent in the past few years, it'll probably amount to one more drop in the Macross bucket. It is sad that they're making these so expensive for the average collector though.

I have to admit, I'm probably one of the few that doesn't care what markings are on it. I don't mind a completely clean valk, I'm just a nut for aircraft that transform, and I've wanted a good representation of this one for a long time.

The price.. I think I'll buy one regardless. I might regret it later, but considering how much I've spent in the past few years, it'll probably amount to one more drop in the Macross bucket. It is sad that they're making these so expensive for the average collector though.

Seconded. I buy transforming toys for their own sake, regardless of story, character, or background. If the design is cool, I want it. And while I do wish they could use the FB2012 scheme, I'm fine if they release it with the current scheme. Close enough...

Close enough isn't good enough. Not when Yamato pulls of stunts like with the VF-17D... <_<

Gonna have to educate me on this. What did they pull with the 17D again?

...then again, it goes to show how little I actually care about anime accuracy if I didn't notice, huh?

Gonna have to educate me on this. What did they pull with the 17D again?

...then again, it goes to show how little I actually care about anime accuracy if I didn't notice, huh?

I wonder if he is talking about the white stripes?

If that's it then, yeah, close enough really is good enough with me most of the time.

post-4560-0-30977200-1342281388_thumb.jpg

I am disappointed that they didn't do the FB 2012 skull leader scheme, but having said that, I really like this scheme. :) But they'd damn well better tampo print EVERYTHING. There's just no excuse not to.

-Kyp

Those really are awesome colors. I think I said it before...I'll make up my own story with this color scheme, thanks.

Roy Focker's haunted Valkyrie ghost scheme, it is! B))