1/60 Macross 7 VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie Emerald Force Unit Announced

GU-11

Looks awesome VF-18, makes me want to break the bank and grab one of these bad boys!! :lol:

Well glad you like it, I saved up 190x2 into my paypal account, so I didn't have the full amount taken out of my bank account here are so mor on the mighty block stand.

102_1751.jpg

102_1751.jpg

102_1755.jpg

102_1759.jpg

102_1762.jpg

Goddamn it, that fighter mode looks a lot better than I thought it would, now that I've seen many pictures of it from multiple angles. I was going to wait for the new YF-19, but I don't think I'll be able to pass up the VF-19F when it comes out. <_<

Really glad to read Yamato has released another successful Valk.

Now can we please have our camo and stealth VF-1 v2? PLEASE...

+1

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I just had fun fixing the the GERWALK joint on my VF-19Kai. I'd have to take a closer look but it seems like Bandai did way better with that GERWALK joint on their toys, there's a much larger range of motion. I'm sure there's other reasons why the Yamato couldn't get there's that one more click that most other valkyries have and I think would have really helped out their 19'S G-mode.

I LOVE this thing! I agree I'm strongly disliking gerwalk, but this particular valk always had an ugly gerwalk anyway. I contemplated selling mine as soon as I got it since the gerwalk is a bust, but after handling it I might keep it around for a while since the other modes are just that good. This was the top valk I always wanted in a detailed ass expensive toy form, my second choice is the VF-4, so yea, Graham, get to it.

I just had fun fixing the the GERWALK joint on my VF-19Kai. I'd have to take a closer look but it seems like Bandai did way better with that GERWALK joint on their toys, there's a much larger range of motion. I'm sure there's other reasons why the Yamato couldn't get there's that one more click that most other valkyries have and I think would have really helped out their 19'S G-mode.

I've transformed mine several times, and I've never had a problem with mine. The legs hold just fine, and it poses just as it is supposed to in Gerwalk, which leads to this...

Why do you guys want to bend the nose that far down anyway?

http://macross2.net/...19s-gerwalk.gif

this is the default pose for every Gerwalk

+1 on this. Variety is great and all, but is it the fact that some are trying to do way too much, that it's making you guys have to go back and fix your toys? May not be the case for everyone, but it does put that question out there. A few of us locally, discussed this issue awhile back, and that seems to be the case.

That's part of why some people don't like the ankles. Because you can't point the toe down far enough without stressing the joint, you have to keep the nose lower.

Although... if you're content to just stretch the joint, and just accept the fact that you'll have to tighten the ankles before attempting any battroid poses, you can get pretty close.

Here's what it looks like if you don't bend the knees as far forward as they will go. The knees are one click before full bend, and the ankles don't need quite as much range to get a good level pose this way. If you're worried about stressing the ankles, this works, it's just not as stable because the feet aren't as far under the body, and the weight is farther forward. Because my ankles are stretched, the ankles didn't hold well for me in this pose, and the nose began to fall after a minute or two.

post-907-0-64031300-1323643414_thumb.jpg

If you really push the ankles to their limit (one notch before full ankle extension, with the heels pushed up to the point of touching the ankle collar), and bend the knees all the way, you get a slightly lower nose. Personally, I like this better. It's more balanced since the feet are more towards the center of weight, and since the ankles are pushed farther, they actually hold in place better. Since I've stretched mine, they hold in this position pretty well. I just have to tighten them up for battroid.

post-907-0-85981900-1323643430_thumb.jpg

Plus, I think the lower nose just looks more aggresive in general. ^_^ Also, with the nose lower, you can rotate the arms up further at the shoulder, which gets them away from the wings roots, and lets you drop the biceps more. Keep the nose level, and you're stuck keeping the elbows pointing almost straight out to the sides.

post-907-0-96427300-1323643445_thumb.jpg

I should mention, I very rarely leave my valks in anything but fighter mode for more than a couple hours at most. I don't display them this way, so I personally can't vouch for how long they'd stay posed this way. I did leave my Fire Valk in gerwalk for a few hours this way last week, and it stayed in place, but that's the longest I've done it. I may leave this one in this pose for the evening and see if it holds up standing on the carpet.

Edited by Chronocidal

That's part of why some people don't like the ankles. Because you can't point the toe down far enough without stressing the joint, you have to keep the nose lower.

Although... if you're content to just stretch the joint, and just accept the fact that you'll have to tighten the ankles before attempting any battroid poses, you can get pretty close.

Here's what it looks like if you don't bend the knees as far forward as they will go. The knees are one click before full bend, and the ankles don't need quite as much range to get a good level pose this way. If you're worried about stressing the ankles, this works, it's just not as stable because the feet aren't as far under the body, and the weight is farther forward. Because my ankles are stretched, the ankles didn't hold well for me in this pose, and the nose began to fall after a minute or two.

post-907-0-64031300-1323643414_thumb.jpg

If you really push the ankles to their limit (one notch before full ankle extension, with the heels pushed up to the point of touching the ankle collar), and bend the knees all the way, you get a slightly lower nose. Personally, I like this better. It's more balanced since the feet are more towards the center of weight, and since the ankles are pushed farther, they actually hold in place better. Since I've stretched mine, they hold in this position pretty well. I just have to tighten them up for battroid.

post-907-0-85981900-1323643430_thumb.jpg

Plus, I think the lower nose just looks more aggresive in general. ^_^ Also, with the nose lower, you can rotate the arms up further at the shoulder, which gets them away from the wings roots, and lets you drop the biceps more. Keep the nose level, and you're stuck keeping the elbows pointing almost straight out to the sides.

post-907-0-96427300-1323643445_thumb.jpg

I should mention, I very rarely leave my valks in anything but fighter mode for more than a couple hours at most. I don't display them this way, so I personally can't vouch for how long they'd stay posed this way. I did leave my Fire Valk in gerwalk for a few hours this way last week, and it stayed in place, but that's the longest I've done it. I may leave this one in this pose for the evening and see if it holds up standing on the carpet.

The angle on yours is totally fine. What I don't get, is seeing some posed with the nose close to the floor, the legs well forward, and the feet angled back to where it looks like the valk is hurting to keep that. Then people complain that the ankles are loose, or that it doesn't hold that pose. I keep mine in between your first and second shot. It looks good, and there's no issues with having to work on the valk later on due to a need to make it a super posable.

For those 2(?) Of you having problems with Gerwalk mode, this may seem like a silly question, but are you sure you are actually transforming it right?

The ankles on my 2 x VF-19Kai, are fairly loose, but I have no problem getting the toy to hold a stable pose in Gerwalk mode, even though the Kai does have the older looser painted ankles.

With the VF-19S, with the improved tighter plated ankles, posing should be a piece of cake.

Graham

Someone post a pic of battroid mode in a stiff position and then ask why people try to get the legs spread apart or move the arms out in battroid.

I think the GERWALK issues have officially been blown out of proportion. The mode works 99% of the time... it just could be better... especially in respect to how good the other modes are.

Edited by jenius

Today's photos are brought to you by the letter "G".

"G" for Graham and "G" for Gerwalk.

Graham

Graham, I'm sorry, but that is not Gerwalk mode. Those things are almost plopping over. I had really good "proper" Gerwalk mode photos, but I need a bit of time to go and look for them now. The problem is, of course, that I cannot get that real pose any more because at the time I didn't realize that posing it that way would loosen the ankles so badly.

So what exactly is "the real" gerwalk pose?

The one that VF5SS posted, the one that the VF-11 toy can do, the one that the VF-19 toy can do, the one that the VF-1 toy can do.... etc. And the one that my VF-19 could do once upon a time.

Graham, I'm sorry, but that is not Gerwalk mode. Those things are almost plopping over. I had really good "proper" Gerwalk mode photos, but I need a bit of time to go and look for them now. The problem is, of course, that I cannot get that real pose any more because at the time I didn't realize that posing it that way would loosen the ankles so badly.

Actually, I on purpose posed them with the nose pointing down, just to show how stable they are in that position. Horizontal gerwalk is of course possible and even easier.

Graham

Sometimes don't understand you guys. Before you all want a toy that can do dynamic gerwalk A-stance and now we have a toy that can do it, you wanna go back to stiff, legs in parallel gerwalk poses????

Graham

Why do you guys want to bend the nose that far down anyway?

Because it's the 'pilot boarding/alighting' position for gerwalk mode.

Graham

Sometimes don't understand you guys. Before you all want a toy that can do dynamic gerwalk A-stance and now we have a toy that can do it, you wanna go back to stiff, legs in parallel gerwalk poses????

Graham

I'm 100% happy with the current gerwalk abilities of new Yamato toys (VF-19Kai and VF-19S), and I also don't understand the current debates about gerwalk posing.

Edited by charger69

@Graham I myself am fine with the Gerwalk on my Kai. I do have the loose issue on the left ankle, but it was because of me not knowing that too much posing can cause that looseness.

It was a fault on my part, so I completely have no rants with how Yamato designed the 19.

And since I don't prefer displaying Valks in Gerwalk, it wouldn't be of any problem for me at all.

The problem is there's multiple people with different opinions. I, myself LOVE Gerwalk modes to death. I want as much dynamic posing as possible. Of the three pics Chronoicidal posted my 19 can only kinda sorta hold the first pose if somebody doesn't sneeze or open a door and change the pressure in the house. Otherwise it crashes. The other two pics it will not hold at all. The poses you've made are right out. So I'd take ratcheted ankles because, as it stands, my Gerwalk doesn't work AT ALL. I get more dynamic range from the old ratcheted ones then I do from these. There are those of you who's ankles work perfect. Then, I suspect we have two other camps. One who's ankles probably work fine or maybe kinda work but they don't care about Gerwalk so they make their one bland pose to prove it's fine and that's it. Then there's the camp who don't like Gerwalk and couldn't give a rats ass if it works or not so it could be perfect otherwise they say "my ankles are loose, I don't care." As it stands, my Gerwalk barely works. As i said before for $300 I'm voicing my dissatisfaction. Other's said their Kai's would stop holding in Battroid after a time. Now there's a few of us with loose ankles out of the box. So there's room for improvement. If we mention it here, maybe word will get back to Yamato and something can be done. However, so far we've been met with "have you transformed it correct, "mine works, what's your problem", "quit your whining" or some flavor of us versus Yamato. I want mine to work, it doesn't. You will keep hearing about it from me.

Edited by Mommar

Graham

I'll try to explain it with my limited english ^_^

We, gerwalk fans are not complaining about the A-stance of the VF-19, it's the LIMITED "back" and "forward" ankle movement which prevents the lower leg to be posed at a much more lower angle. All the other yamato VF's with ratcheted ankles have a lot more forward and back posing.

I've done a quick drawing showing what mommar, chronocidal and me, are trying to express. The A-stance and lower nose are great, but we can't bend the legs at a lower angle -at the ankles- pushing the center of gravity to the back. We pushed the ankles farther to achieve the stance of the first drawing and stressed the ankles.

post-557-0-79799600-1323704009_thumb.jpg

If it makes any sense, we'd like the legs to be more oblique, having the axis not so perpendicular to the base. And no, we don't want to go back to stiff legs in parallel gerwalk.

Don't get me wrong, the VF-19 is an awesome toy but it lacks a little when posed in gerwalk mode (it's another story if you use a stand showing it flying in gerwalk mode).