1/60 Macross 7 VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie Emerald Force Unit Announced

GU-11

I've been preaching the 1/72 scale for a while... it's a scale with a lot of promise making things like enemy mecha a little cheaper and easier to pull off while still providing enough size for things like integrated heatshields and landing gears.

For sheer space reasons, if the detail of 1/60 could be capture at 1/72, that would be cool. But now that I've bought so many 1/60 scale valks... I don't want them to switch to 1/72. :p

I've been preaching the 1/72 scale for a while... it's a scale with a lot of promise making things like enemy mecha a little cheaper and easier to pull off while still providing enough size for things like integrated heatshields and landing gears.

Also a popular scale for realworld aircraft models. Added benefit, cheaper cost!

More complex engineering, more fragile parts, plus increased probability of a heart attack during transformation! :D

Transforming the hi-metals weren't all that bad. Perhaps they can fit in the landing gears at 1/72. I'm for this too as it will increase mean swooshing time before my arms starts to complain. (I can play with a fighter mode valk for up to 30mins or more by turning it this way and that while admiring the lines.)

I’ve been testing my Kai’s ankles for a few days. They’re as tight as the first day though I guess I’d like them to be tighter. I’ve posed my valk with its nose almost touching the floor and it’s stayed like that for five days without problem.

I have to say I like the side to side range of motion. Considering the shape of the feet I think a very wide A stance wouldn’t be very stable, which is remedied by incorporating those extra joints.

Would’ve been better if ratchet joints had been used instead of ball joints? IMO the answer is yes. Do the ball joints work? They do for me, and I’m even able to pose the toy in some really exaggerated poses.

Please excuse the low resolution.

post-12283-0-15273600-1323761408_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-26800600-1323761436_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-59750200-1323761462_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-89743200-1323761491_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-98179200-1323761520_thumb.jpg

Ha, your Kai looks like it doing the Electric Slide dance

I'm glad they haven't gone to a 1/72, especially after the 1/48, then 1/60. 1/72 is good for model kits, not intricate toys such as these. I think the engineering would have to sacrifice a bit to fragile parts, so keeping it at 1/60 is fine.

I'm glad they haven't gone to a 1/72, especially after the 1/48, then 1/60. 1/72 is good for model kits, not intricate toys such as these. I think the engineering would have to sacrifice a bit to fragile parts, so keeping it at 1/60 is fine.

Uh, 1/72 was brought up as preferable to 1/100. How much do you think the engineering is sacrificed on those? The Hi-Metal 19 Kai and S hold up pretty well against the Yamato, though obviously have some compromises (but they arguably wouldn't have to be made at 1/72).

I wouldn’t mind if you threw away your 1/72 models in my dust bin… :lol:

I still got some, I have a customized VF-1S Super Valkyire that came with Roy Focker name on the waterslide decals, so I painted the boosters DYRL dark blue and put the skull igsinia and his name on it, and the transformable 1/72 VF-1S two VF-1J max and Millia. Plus the 1/100 V-19S AKA Mr. wingless and the Kai, and a 1/100 Bandai VF-1S Superbattroid model kit that I never got around to putting together. It's still in the box, only opend once to look at it and that was it. Got it eleven years ago. I will look for the box my Customized VF-1S Super is and take some shots. PM me if you are interested in them.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Finally opened my VF-19s and I'm really, really happy with mine. I'm not as bothered as some with the ankle issue when in gerwalk mode since I don't really put the valk in that mode too many times. i was bothered at first by the tailfins (not sure if this is the right terminology) not connecting with the wings as securely as it did with the fire valk, but i just transformed it into battroid mode for the first time yesterday and I was really blown away by the overall tightness of the joints. The face on the valk is is pure sexy!