DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Mine definitely had the feet pulled out a little in the packaging, and I had to push them in further before the cuffs sat nicely against the bottom of the leg. The ankle extension joints on mine were pretty stiff, so you might need to just work them back and forth a little to loosen them up.

Oh by the way.. nit-pick time.. they still didn't put the black stripe on the lower surface of the wing glove. :rolleyes: I don't think the 1/72 kits even have that though, and I'm not sure it was consistently marked in the animation.

On the subject of paint though, I noticed all the red markings are a nice gloss, but the black is mostly flat. Kind of weird, but I wonder if they did that to help one or the other color ahere to the surface better.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks chronocidal, didn't really click in further or anything, but it seemed to "wiggle" in a bit more and now they sit flush. Looking forward to Ozma's S model now. Not sure if I'll try to get the armor parts but I'm definatley going to try and get the super parts for Alto.

Chris

A notch/bump that will "lock" the wing into a specific position. This makes it easy to get both wings at the exact same angle. It's kinda like a ratcheting joint but simpler and looser.

oh ok i wish the vf-1 160 had that its soo hard for me to get both wings at the same angle

Oh holy crap that hurts to see. :ph34r:

This is why I really don't care for metal. Plastic at least warns you when it's about to break. Metal? Nope, it can just snap from casting flaws, and you'll have no idea before hand.

While on the subject of that piece though... I realized something about the VF-25, or at least something that I might be doing wrong. The hips on many versions seem to get loose pretty easily.. could it be because you pretty much have to rotate the hip a full 360 every time you transform it? I mean.. I don't know of any other valks that require the hip hinge to spin completely around. With this design, you have to rotate the metal clip piece 180, and also flip the crotch plate in the same direction for another 180. It can't be good for the wear and tear on the ball joints.

Edited by Chronocidal

because the Japanese market has easy access to these web exclusives and don't care.

Good point. It makes me wonder, though, if the Japanese companies even realize just how much more money they could make outside of Japan.

Then again, fricking HG's Macross embargo probably put them off selling internationally. But that's another story for another thread.

Damn, that hurts just looking at it. But how the hell does something like that happen? I thought that part was supposed to be metal. Nevermind, Chronocidal's post just explained it.

Edited by GU-11

Good point. It makes me wonder, though, if the Japanese companies even realize just how much more money they could make outside of Japan.

It never really amounts to much for niche Japanese anime. A company has to set up an entire distribution and support network for overseas markets and do so in the local language (usually English).So now you have to pay for English speaking staffers and a place to house all this. Yeah the Yen is favorable right now but at the time it was not. And stuff didn't sell then, why would it now?

I'm not sure if Macross is ever a top seller for any of the online retailers we use. Although you have to remember that most of the popular ones like HLJ, Amiami, and Hobby Search also serve the Japanese collectors as well. Given the sheer number of Macross toys produced, you can't guarantee they are all going to move off the shelves. We've seen many just stay at online retailers for years on clearance. So now imagine that transplanted to small brick and mortar American shops.

Not to mention how when Bandai attempted to team up Toynami that fell flat on its face. Pre-orders were low and stuff was canceled constantly. They couldn't even bring over the Soul of Chogokin Big O because of some weak excuse about Big O Tires having the name tied up in trademarks.

So why bother?

Edited by VF5SS

If they could take oversea orders for their web-exclusive items I would be happy, that way they can better estimate the overall demand also.

It really doesn't matter to them whether or not they're selling exclusives to people in Japan or proxy buyers. Most of the exclusives are obscure items and accessory packs. Bandai benefits from selling these items themselves because they don't have to convince retailers to stock these more niche figures and add-ons. Now I won't argue that the line between what gets to be mass release and what gets to be an exclusive can't be totally arbitrary but thems the breaks sometimes. Selling these things overseas again adds a layer of staffers who need to be versed in international shipping. Not that many online retailers don't do this, but how many Japanese toy companies do it on an individual customer basis?

It never really amounts to much for niche Japanese anime. A company has to set up an entire distribution and support network for overseas markets and do so in the local language (usually English).So now you have to pay for English speaking staffers and a place to house all this. Yeah the Yen is favorable right now but at the time it was not. And stuff didn't sell then, why would it now?

I'm not sure if Macross is ever a top seller for any of the online retailers we use. Although you have to remember that most of the popular ones like HLJ, Amiami, and Hobby Search also serve the Japanese collectors as well. Given the sheer number of Macross toys produced, you can't guarantee they are all going to move off the shelves. We've seen many just stay at online retailers for years on clearance. So now imagine that transplanted to small brick and mortar American shops.

Not to mention how when Bandai attempted to team up Toynami that fell flat on its face. Pre-orders were low and stuff was canceled constantly. They couldn't even bring over the Soul of Chogokin Big O because of some weak excuse about Big O Tires having the name tied up in trademarks.

So why bother?

True. The means seem to outweigh the ends in this case.

One thing though: While I can't say about the US or European countries, but as far as Asian countries, anime-related stuff [the popular ones at least] seem to be flying off the shelves. I had to literally search the whole dawn damn city to look for certain figures sometimes. My best best are always online shops like HLJ or AmiAmi--like you said, certain items seem to stagnate in their inventory for years.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if online stores can get a hold of these web exclusives more often, like how HLJ was able to stock up on the Yamato Angle Bird and Hikaru's civilian jet.

With the super pack for Alto and Armored pack for Ozma being web - exclusives, I'm worried about the fate of the - G and RVF - models. If these packs are being sold as web exclusives, is this a sign at the conclusion of the line (like it was a 2 show deal).

I really hope I am extremely wrong, as I've been waiting out for a -G variant.

A company can always sell internationally through a third party, it can be a broker oversea or local. it does not necessary add a lot to the cost. And Bandai is selling toys internationally anyway.

Putting things web-esclusive is another matter, could it be more of a hype which make the buyers feel more previleged?

For those of you who like comparisons ^_^

post-12283-0-74959700-1319775587_thumb.jpg

Besides the obvious chunky/stubby factor the other obvious "thing" that jumps out at me from that comparison picture is that either the v1 is starting to yellow like mine did or it was had non-matching, off-white, pieces from jump. And I'm having a hard time deciding which of those is the worst option.

Version 2 on the other hand sure does look good.

-b.

Besides the obvious chunky/stubby factor the other obvious "thing" that jumps out at me from that comparison picture is that either the v1 is starting to yellow like mine did or it was had non-matching, off-white, pieces from jump. And I'm having a hard time deciding which of those is the worst option.

Version 2 on the other hand sure does look good.

-b.

:o You’re right; the v.1 is so ugly when compared with the new one that I’d missed that. One of the various kinds of plastics the toy’s made of has nastily yellowed! :huh:

Kawamori says to think of the Vers1 as a VF-25 that was produced in Russia. ^_^

以前のモデルは同じモデルのメーカー違い、たとえばロシア製VF-25って考えて楽しむのも面白いと思いますよ。

from Tamashii website interview

:o You’re right; the v.1 is so ugly when compared with the new one that I’d missed that. One of the various kinds of plastics the toy’s made of has nastily yellowed! :huh:

The V2 wouldn't happen to be made to the same kind of plastic, would it? :ph34r:

As I've mentioned previously, I've had a few Bandai white platic toys yellow in the box, including a v.1 VF-25F. Bandai toys seems to use white plastic that is very prone to yellowing. I've also seen a few other people's indoor display v.1 VF-25F toys that have yellowed quickly :(

Hope the same fate doesn't befall the v.2.

Graham

As I've mentioned previously, I've had a few Bandai white platic toys yellow in the box, including a v.1 VF-25F. Bandai toys seems to use white plastic that is very prone to yellowing. I've also seen a few other people's indoor display v.1 VF-25F toys that have yellowed quickly :(

Graham

If mine starts to yellow any time soon, I'll just sell it off and never get another white one again. Thankfully, Ozma's is a grey color, and should (Hopefully) be OK for a long time to come.

-Kyp

Graham

This is why I avoided this VF-25F, and waited for the Ozma.

I avoid expensive toys made of pure white plastic.

Especially after my 1/48 Vf-1J went yellow, and was always in the box and stored in a cool area. :(

No no, Ver 1 is Kawamori's true idea of the VF-25 rendered correctly, chunky and sturdy. :p;)

Ha ha! I was going to say the same thing! Freaking loved that argument lol!

Chris

Is the yellowing really that widespread after a few years (let's say less than 5 or 6 years) with Yamato Valks?

Has anyone had a v.2 VF-1 yellow whether it's a DYRL or TV type?

Yes...My movie roy 1s, movie hiki 1a, vf0s, 1/48 1j have that yellow/brown tint. They are never in direct sunlight, although my tv hiki 1j, vf-25f v.1 are still pretty white and they're all in the same area. I just think that it will happen to ALL white plastic eventually.

Is the yellowing really that widespread after a few years (let's say less than 5 or 6 years) with Yamato Valks?

Has anyone had a v.2 VF-1 yellow whether it's a DYRL or TV type?

Yip, mine in plane mode pretty much yellowish all round. Looks slighty like a desert camo. Though didn't transform it before selling it to see if it effected closed areas.

The v2 DYRL are a broken grey white, and so far with mine no yellowing on them. :)

I've come across it mainly effects pure white plastics, or very soft plastics like those of model kits, but also PVC, especially transparent PVC... :(

But I've also read it's diffirent with each diverse climate around the world...

Edited by Omegablue