DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Okay, anyone know what the little hinge on the crotch plate is for? That piece is also designed to clip on and off as well.

I thought it just allowed the black panel to be pushed inward, but I didn't look at it very closely. I did notice the piece comes off easily...perhaps related to some future armor?

That's what I would bet as well. On the models, there was a separate piece you had to swap in on the crotch to make the Super/Armored versions. The Version 1 VF-25 used a clip on piece of crotch armor, and I remember some folks saying they had trouble transforming to fighter without removing it, because it kept the legs from attaching correctly.

I'll have to wait til I see it, but every sign is pointing to the idea that they planned out the super/armor parts for this version from the start, so this is probably something we'll see the genius of later on.

One thing I'm anxious to see is how the shoulder launchers attach this time. While I do see the holes to attach the various armor pieces on the backplate, I don't see any spots to plug the launchers into like last time. I'll be very happy if they did away with those tiny ball joints from V.1 though, those things were just too easy to break unless you were incredibly careful.

Anyone see any hint of clips or joints to hold the launchers on? For something like those, I actually wouldn't mind if we just had to swap out the shoulder plates like they did with the hip panels, since it would make a much stronger joint.

Speaking of the shoulder pauldrons, it's nice that the arms can actually pivot at the shoulders now. Bad news is that the bicep swivel is so high that it bumps into the shoulder pauldrons and pushes against them when you rotate the joint.

Okay, anyone know what the little hinge on the crotch plate is for? That piece is also designed to clip on and off as well.

I think you’re talking about a hinge that allows the crotch area to get automatically thinner during transformation into fighter/gerwalk mode. It’s already present in the DX YF-29.

Transform the robot into the other modes and look a what happens there! It frees some extra room for the head with longer neck. Cool, isn't it?

that's very cool. For whatever reason, I never noticed it on the 29. Well, the plate never popped off on the 29 either (which is how I even noticed the hinge).

Got mine today after work. The design of this has really impressed me. The locking mechanism between the legs and wing root in fighter mode is so simple and easy. I like it better than how the VF-27 and YF-29 do it. Joints seem to be tighter than the YF-29. I hope it will stay that way, but past history will likely prove that is just wishful thinking. The only thing that really irks me is that it came with sloppy paint applications and chipped paint all over in tiny areas.

Did some panel lining and some quick weathering on mine to see how it looks. The toy looks good enough to deserve more effort so I will do more with it over the weekend when I have time.

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_01.JPG

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_02.JPG

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_03.JPG

Edit: fixd speeling erors

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Got mine today after work. The design of this has really impressed me. The locking mechanism between the legs and wing root in fighter mode is so simple and easy. I like it better than how the VF-27 and YF-29 do it. Joints seem to be tighter than the YF-29. I hope it will stay that way, but past history will likely prove that is just wishful thinking. The only thing that really irks me is that it came with sloppy paint applications and chipped paint all over in tiny areas.

Did some panel lining and some quick weathering on mine to see how it looks. The toy looks good enough to deserve more effort so I will do more with it over the weekened when I have time.

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_01.JPG

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_03.JPG

Great, paint chips out of the box, nice, Bandai. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Picked mine up from USPS earlier today and just had time to take it out of the box, my first impression is "WOW". I agree that this is the VF-25 that Bandai should have come out with, but that's water under the bridge.

I haven't noticed any QC issues but I also haven't transformed it yet nor did I really do a thorough examination. But so far I'm incredibly happy with how it's turned out - bring on the other variants and maybe even some non-canon paint schemes!

-b.

Gotta say both my v.2 VF-25F Alto have no paint chips out of the box, although the left hand of my first one has very sloppy paint application.

I really think a v.2 VF-25A cannon-fodder version or YF-25 Prophecy would be thing of great beauty. Unfortunately, Bandai doesn't go in for mold-milking as much as Yamato :(

Can't wait for the VF-25S Ozma now.

Playing with the YF-29 last night and the leg locking really sucks compared with the v.2 VF-25. Those tiny little tabs on the YF-29's wing gloves just don't lock in securely to the lower legs.

Graham

Dang, you guys are killing me! When the heck will mine be here?! Last up date from AmiAmi's shipping info was that it's at the JFK sorting facility as of oct 23.

Chris

I tried to take some extra pictures for everyone waiting/living vicariously through the more lucky of us but I don't have any sort of set-up for taking professional pictures and the best lighting in my house is beneath the skylight in my kitchen. Unfortunately coupling this damn early sundown in winter-time with when I get home from work means I can't take any pictures with decent lighting until the weekend.

Dang, you guys are killing me! When the heck will mine be here?! Last up date from AmiAmi's shipping info was that it's at the JFK sorting facility as of oct 23.

Chris

Mine was also in the JFK sorting facility on the 23rd, and mine's due to arrive today. I suspect that unless they decided to be a-holes and hold yours, you should also be getting yours today. ;)

Interesting that Graham and a few others didn't have paint chip problems out of the box, I wonder if this happened during part of the run, or if it was a bit here and there throughout the entire run.

-Kyp

Mine was also in the JFK sorting facility on the 23rd, and mine's due to arrive today. I suspect that unless they decided to be a-holes and hold yours, you should also be getting yours today. ;)

Interesting that Graham and a few others didn't have paint chip problems out of the box, I wonder if this happened during part of the run, or if it was a bit here and there throughout the entire run.

-Kyp

Mine was held in LA and they never even got around to updating the status until after it had already arrived at my house. It could be the same for the both of you.

I haven't noticed any paint chips on mine either but I will admit I'm not nearly as precise with these things as other people are.

Did anybody have any problems with really tight joints on their 25? The entire left side of the thing was a bear. Popping the leg down from the knee was a bitch. Separating the hip on the let-side was a bitch. Adjusting anything on the arm was a real chore to not feel like I was going to break the thing. The right side felt fine, I'm even slightly concerned the right side foot could be a little bit too loose.

Out of the box, mine has some sloppy paint application on the knee, but there is a gap between the cockpit and engine lerx (chest/waist in Battroid). Apparently somebody at the factory forced it in and the locking tabs pushed the soft plastic down. I had to clean that little mess and now there is a tiny hole where it should be flush.

On a side note, my VF-27Gamma now has extremely lose joints, I transformed it maybe four times in all these years. Never stayed outside fighter mode. Cheers Bandai!

Edited by regult

Wow... super lame. And AmiAmi is not taking any more pre-orders on the 25S it seems. HLJ doesn't even seem to be selling the renewal versions at all. They don't have the Alto version listed either. Wonder why they decided to not sell them.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Cram, MacrossJunkie, your valks look great. How do you do yOur panel lining? On topic, must sell more to get Ozma's!

I've gone back to using enamel paints mixed with thinner. It allows me to mix the colors I want since I prefer varying shades of gray on different valks depending on their color or sometimes on the same valk, again based its paint scheme. On this one, I started with gunship gray and lightened it a bit and thinned it out. Then rubbed in some gun metal and oil stain powder from the Tamiya weathering kits.

Worked on the top half a tiny bit more tonight. Will get around to the bottom half and battroid mode this weekend.

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_04.JPG

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Just got mine today. I have to say Bandai up the ante with this one. Overall shape is very close to the line art, especially viewing from the side; where most Yamato products look much thicker. Good second seat gimmick and the knife can actually be towed in the shield. My only gripe is the shape of the canopy. Viewing from the side the upper area look like a flat line rather than a continuous curve. While Bandai has done an excellent job in design, I can't say for the manufacturing. The plastic look cheap (it's semis gloss rather than gloss) compared to the recent Yamato products. The paint application is less than satisfactory. Put Yamato 1/60 VF-1 side by side and you know what I'm talking.

But for the price, you get a great design toy, stand with various adapter for different mode, different hands and an Alto in flight suite (with its own stand as well). I say this one is pretty reasonably priced where Yamato is pushing the boundary of many wallets. Despite some shortcomings, this is still one heck of a great toy. Yes, toy, you can play it without too much worry of breaking it. I'd say it worth every dollar you spent on it.

With this, I hope Yamato would consider more on their price tag.

And lastly, It just occurred to me that the VF-25 look very close to Su-30MK fighter in real world

Edited by Firefox