DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

It's exposed on the "real" one, too. (it's even more so on the VF-27). I think the animators in Frontier deliberately tried hard to use camera angles that hid this fact. But if you freeze-frame some scenes, you can easily see a totally exposed cockpit in battroid mode with many poses.

I've cause glimpses of the exposed cockpit while watching the TV series. Shōji Kawamori probably couldn't do anything about it, so like David said, they just did their best to hide it. :p

-Kyp

Does the seat rotate with it transforms in the anime??

Yeah, the seats are rotated upright much like the YF-19 so that the pilot is facing forward relative to the battroid (facing the floor of the cockpit with the canopy behind). There's just no room in the toy itself to accomplish that. At least not without using similar tricks as Yamato's 1/60 VF-19 toys.

I've cause glimpses of the exposed cockpit while watching the TV series. Shōji Kawamori probably couldn't do anything about it, so like David said, they just did their best to hide it.

Just like they hid the VF-27's "tail" most of the time. (seriously, most people didn't even notice it until the models/toys came out)

It's exposed on the "real" one, too. (it's even more so on the VF-27). I think the animators in Frontier deliberately tried hard to use camera angles that hid this fact. But if you freeze-frame some scenes, you can easily see a totally exposed cockpit in battroid mode with many poses.

Like here:

post-12283-0-25694800-1319350874_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-34668300-1319350884_thumb.jpg

Eeermmm...care to illuminate that info bit further?? what does it say?

Old news such as the super parts and armor parts are confirmed for release. It is interesting to note that they state explicitly super parts for 25f and armor parts for 25s. So there would not be a super part for 25s?

The exposed cockpit may be why the VF-27 does have a tail, and a non-clear-canopy---it needs the additional pilot protection!

I don't know about the tail -it could also be a matter of more devilish design-, but in the last MF film it seems that...

...the additional pilot protection is there only because the clear canopy would be superfluous for a cyborg piloted mecha. During the last minutes of the film it can be seen that Brera ejects the protection cover and finishes the fight without it.

I think Super Pack on Ozma's was only seen in one ep (episode 3 I think)---maybe it didn't sell well for V1 for that reason and they don't think it's worth it? (or THAT would be the Tamashii Web Exclusive)

The V1 Ozma's were already web exclusive. If they didn't sell well ...not difficult to wonder why?

As the reviews and pics of the VF-25F start popping up, it seems like the head lasers actually DON'T angle out.

What, did ff95gj just photoshop them to do that?

So do the head lasers angle out or not? Still haven't collected mine from the hobby store, but I'm just itching to find out.

As the reviews and pics of the VF-25F start popping up, it seems like the head lasers actually DON'T angle out.

What, did ff95gj just photoshop them to do that?

So do the head lasers angle out or not? Still haven't collected mine from the hobby store, but I'm just itching to find out.

Yes, they do angle out. I also angled them out in my pics.

Graham

I've cause glimpses of the exposed cockpit while watching the TV series. Shōji Kawamori probably couldn't do anything about it, so like David said, they just did their best to hide it. :p

-Kyp

Technically, he did make a point that he designed the area which becomes the backplate so that it covers and protects the cockpit, and he demonstrated that feature on his Lego model. However, he also mentioned that no product had been able to reproduce this accurately, and now it seems like even the people who made the CG models couldn't do it....

Just picked up a second one for HK$1,248 at a shop on 2/F Oriental 188 Center, Wanchai. Box was a bit dinged up on one corner, but I don't care about the box.

Checked the toy, was in perfect condition. The storekeeper had at least 3 more I. Stock.

Graham

Just picked up a second one for HK$1,248 at a shop on 2/F Oriental 188 Center, Wanchai. Box was a bit dinged up on one corner, but I don't care about the box.

Checked the toy, was in perfect condition. The storekeeper had at least 3 more I. Stock.

Graham

So I assume you must really like this new version, then? :p

-Kyp

Are the intakes made of diecast???

Yes.

Graham

So I assume you must really like this new version, then? :p

-Kyp

Yes, it's a great toy. IMO, engineering, design and quality-wise, near parity (98%) with the Yamato VF-19Kai,

Basically, it's the VF-25F toy that Bandai should have made all along.

Graham

Yes.

Graham

Yes, it's a great toy. IMO, engineering, design and quality-wise, near parity (98%) with the Yamato VF-19Kai,

Basically, it's the VF-25F toy that Bandai should have made all along.

Graham

While the joints of the VF-25F is major improvement over v1 VF-25's and YF-29, to the point that I won't complain (although the right leg of my VF-25F is loose - but otherwise everything is tight and nice), the VF-19Kai is much better in this area. Or at least it hasn't shown any loose parts yet.

Personally I don't like the mech design of the VF-19Kai. But the engineering is the best in the transformable toys I have handled.

The v2 VF-25 is already excellent, mind you. The locking mechanisms are good. The only complaint is when you transform to Battroid, be prepared to scratch off some paint off the folded canopy. It says so too on the manual, so I believe it's not my own problem.

The only complaint is when you transform to Battroid, be prepared to scratch off some paint off the folded canopy. It says so too on the manual, so I believe it's not my own problem.

I didn't notice that, I'll have to check my toy and the manual.

Now where's that panic button pic when you need it? LOL!

Graham

While the joints of the VF-25F is major improvement over v1 VF-25's and YF-29, to the point that I won't complain (although the right leg of my VF-25F is loose - but otherwise everything is tight and nice), the VF-19Kai is much better in this area. Or at least it hasn't shown any loose parts yet.

Agree, the VF-19Kai has superb design and engineering. Yet to be bettered IMO!

Graham