DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

So it occurs to me and I don't know if this has been said somewhere else but this is the first major valk with no rear thrust as in all movement is coming from the legs in all modes. I really really want one now :(

It does have rear thrust, and because of where it is located the cockpit gets completely uncovered when advancing horizontally in battroid mode.

You can see the thrusters on the botton of the backplate.

Graham

Even with qc problems?

I'm happy with my two so far. I'm sure given the design of the shoulder and hip ball joints, they will loosen after time, as per all Bandai's Frontier VF toys. However, I'm personally will to accept that risk, as the toy looks great in all 3 modes.

I suppose it's a bit easier for me, as I'm buying from a physical store, so I have the peace of mind of being able to open the box and inspect the toy in the shop when I buy it, so can check for any obvious paint chips, scratches, or other defects and exchange immdiately if necessary.

Graham

Question: How far back are the shoulders supposed to bend? For me, I actually bend them back as far as they will go so that they are at an angle. This way, the back plate also sits flat against the cockpit window and the neck looks properly pronounced.

On mine, I angle the left and right shoulder (collar bone) plates (the parts with the circle-bar vernier) back almost as far as they will go in battroid mode. this seems to lock the neck plate solidly in position in battroid mode.

Graham

"I agree, and even though everyone complains about Yamato's QC, from what I've observed, Bandai has a long way to go before they'll be on Yamato's level, in my opinion."

Are you honestly comparing a millimeter sized chip to a leg, arm, or head falling off? Yeah, those are the same...

I'm not saying the chipping is okay, but compared to the complete functionality of the toy being destroyed, it seems pretty minor.

I think we can all agree that transforming VF toys have come a long way in anime-accuracy, details, gimmicks and articulation since the days of the Chunky Monkey back in the 80s'. However, all this comes at the price of increasing complexity and to some extent, greater fragility.

Both Bandai and Yamato can and do make excellent toys, but both companies have had their share of QC, material, engineering and design issues. Unfortunately, nothing in life is perfect and with toys of this complexity, issues can and do arise unfortunately.

Unfortunately customer demand has driven the demand for toys of increasing accuracy, articulation and complexity and now that genie is out of the bottle, we can't go back to the days of the limited articulation Chunky Monkey of yore, as the dismal sales of the reissue 1/55 a few years ago showed.

Basically, what this rambling post is trying to say I guess is that both Yamato and Bandai has shown we are not yet at a stage where we cannot have our cake and eat it too. We can have the accuracy, complexity, gimmicks and fantastic articulation we demand, but all this comes at the cost of toys which occasionally will break.

Of course, this doesn't excuse toys which come covered in gluey fingerprins or with sloppy paint apps. But as the old saying goes "you pay peanuts, expect monkeys" (refering to factory assembly workers, not us the paying customer, as we definitely don't pay peanuts! :p ).

Graham

That can't be right can it? Wouldn't that make GERWALK incapable of moving forward?

IIRC, there is actually a thruster on the back plate on the ventral side, which acts as a thruster for forward momentum in GERWALK mode. Actually, if one takes a look at the VF-25 in the anime, you can see some vector thrust coming out of the back plate where this thruster should be. So I guess its like the Vf-1, just not a separate piece :p

I wish they would announce something about the armor and super parts...

6304540489_c57fc2d460.jpg

From one of those hobby magazines.. It says they decided to make Armored and Super Packs for renewal versions. No details yet.

But as the old saying goes "you pay peanuts, expect monkeys"

Especially true in this case. It makes me wonder if Bandai is using one of the cheap Chinese factories like one Yamato used before moving to the more expensive one for better quality.

Oh well, at least it seems that most of the problems are fixable for both Yamato and Bandai stuff. A little repainting here, a little modification there and they're good to go.

Fixed the paint chips on mine and even painted over the edges so that the white plastic doesn't show from the spaces in between the pieces for the black and red stripes in fighter mode. The red and black Gundam paint markers seem to match the colors perfectly.

Took a few pics in battroid, but trying to avoid transforming it until I can start getting some clear coat on it to avoid rubbing off the weathering.

VF-25F_Alto_battroid_08.JPG

VF-25F_Alto_battroid_03.JPG

VF-25F_Alto_battroid_06.JPG

Edited by MacrossJunkie

check the joints for the arms (the ones that connect to the shoulder and to the arm cannons)... a couple on mine has cracks where the hollow pin is inserted.

Same case with my Konig...the cracks appeared out of nowhere suddenly....

Anyhow, manage to secure the Ozma renewal...I think I'm not gonna regret it.... -_-

IIRC, there is actually a thruster on the back plate on the ventral side, which acts as a thruster for forward momentum in GERWALK mode. Actually, if one takes a look at the VF-25 in the anime, you can see some vector thrust coming out of the back plate where this thruster should be. So I guess its like the Vf-1, just not a separate piece :p

Ah thanks my mistake.

Guys, do you think the VF-25 will be reissued in a couple of months? I passed the opportunity of pre-ordering this one and Ozma.

The toy looks great and deserves a space in my cabinet. But I don't want to pay the over inflated prices on Ebay.

I can wait a few months for a reissue or later pay a ridiculous price on Ebay. Get one now or regret later?

Guys, do you think the VF-25 will be reissued in a couple of months? I passed the opportunity of pre-ordering this one and Ozma.

The toy looks great and deserves a space in my cabinet. But I don't want to pay the over inflated prices on Ebay.

I can wait a few months for a reissue or later pay a ridiculous price on Ebay. Get one now or regret later?

There may be a reissue, but I doubt it. They might do a bundle pack with armor/super packs, but if we go by the way Bandai released their stand alone V1's, I think if you don't get one now, you might wind up SOL.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Am I the only one who really, really wants to see more comparison pics between the V1 and V2 in the various modes from different angles? :)

Yes, your the only one. We just want to see only V2 pics in the various modes from different angles!!

:lol: :lol:

Yes, your the only one. We just want to see only V2 pics in the various modes from different angles!!

:lol: :lol:

Aw, really? I would love to see the improvements that have been made and how far toy engineering technology has progressed. (^.^)

Aw, really? I would love to see the improvements that have been made and how far toy engineering technology has progressed. (^.^)

Just kidding!!

The v1 is hideous compared to the v2, just like the yamato v1 VF-1 compared to the v2 VF-1

An even bigger difference, IMHO. The original Yamato v1 VF-1 still looked good, good enough that many many VF-1 fans bought it. The v1 VF-25 was ugly enough that many VF-25 fans grudgingly passed on it.

for sh!ts and giggles, go dig up the original dx 25 thread and read how many members vehemently defended the v1 DX 25. It's quite the laugh riot.

for sh!ts and giggles, go dig up the original dx 25 thread and read how many members vehemently defended the v1 DX 25. It's quite the laugh riot.

Yeah some of them called them PTs when they most certainly weren't when compared to Yamato's.

Yeah some of them called them PTs when they most certainly weren't when compared to Yamato's.

i can't forget that one guy who mutilated his v.1 VF-25F's legs just so it can have a decent GERWALK mode stance.

An even bigger difference, IMHO. The original Yamato v1 VF-1 still looked good, good enough that many many VF-1 fans bought it. The v1 VF-25 was ugly enough that many VF-25 fans grudgingly passed on it.
I passed...couldn't get past the hip placement, and I wasn't crazy about the chunkier proportions on what was a slim, lithe looking battroid. I bought the VF-25S model instead, as it was much more accurate. Still need to finish it (I hate painting/decaling models)

I'll commit when the V2 VF-25S comes up for preorder again at either AmiAmi or HLJ.

Edited by M'Kyuun

All I can say is: Wow. Now THIS was how this bird was meant to look like.

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

I took the little legless Ranka that came with the VF-27, and popped her in.

IMG_4748.jpg

QC: Overall, my valk is in perfect shape. All joints are tight, no paint chips (or bad paint app in general) that I can really see. Only problem? One tiny part of the plastic where I have circled. The right side is the side that has no problems. The left side, however, you can see where the black paint is missing - that's not a paint chip. That's the actual plastic having been bent and folded down. Looks like someone at the factory used more force than necessary. Really, nothing to cry about since I figure I got lucky that it wasn't worse, and you don't really know unless you are looking for it. Awesome, awesome figure though. Can't wait for Ozma and some freaking armour!

IMG_4749-1.jpg

Edited by pud333

LOL. The V1 VF-25 toy still looked good, good enough that many VF-25 fans bought it.

Your argument kinda just fell flat on its face.

Um, no it didn't. My argument is that the v1 VF-1 was more accepted/better looks-wise. I don't recall anyone saying the v1 VF-1 was too fat, not anime-accurate, not line-art-accurate, or anyone immediately hoping for a better-looking version in the future. There were 100-page threads arguing about the removable legs, but I don't recall anyone thought it was overall a bad-looking rendition and not nearly as good as it SHOULD have looked based on the company's prior work.

The v1 VF-25 was seen as fat, ugly, and inaccurate since the first pic, especially considering that it was going to be a flagship release from the great BANDAI. Even the 1/72 YF-19 was more "accepted".

LOL. The V1 VF-25 toy still looked good, good enough that many VF-25 fans bought it.

Your argument kinda just fell flat on its face.

Beacuse most of us felt it would be our only option for a perfect transformation VF-25 toy at the time.

I mean, if you sorta squinted and held it at the right angle in low light, it kinda looked like a VF-25 :p

Graham

Beacuse most of us felt it would be our only option for a perfect transformation VF-25 toy at the time.

I mean, if you sorta squinted and held it at the right angle in low light, it kinda looked like a VF-25 :p

Graham

I didn't think there'd be another version. At least for a long, long time - maybe if Yamato finally got a crack at it. That's why I finally broke and got a VF-25G. For a couple weeks I tried to convince myself that it wasn't that bad. But it was. Sold it to someone online. Terrible experiment on my part.