DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

A quick question regarding Hobbysearch...they have Alto listed as "Sold Out", but Ozma is "Reservation Closed, waiting list e-mail". What's the difference? Does the wait list imply they might get more of the toys in at some future point (whereas sold out means sold out)?

I've done the waiting list thing before with them.

It means if they get excess stock, you'll be notified by e-mail that you can place your order if and when they do. This doesn't reserve the item for you, nor it guarantees they will be getting excess stock.

Out of the several items I did, only a couple didn't come through for me. But you have to be quick with the order... I lost out by checking my e-mail a day late...

Edited by Omegablue

it looks like the pauldrons snap on over pegs on the metal shoulder piece. I'm guessing you could carefully pry it apart and pop them off the pegs but I think the plastic used is on the brittle side and I wouldn't risk it.

BUT, you can raise the arm up at the shoulder joint and if you look underneath you'll see the exposed the shoulder hinge. You could try that trick where you apply crazy glue or nail polish and keep working the joint back and forth as it dries.

Thanks, Eugimon. Seems like that's the only solution. BTW, approximately how long am I supposed to work the joint back and forth until it's dry?

I can't wait for the other valks to be announced as well. In the series I really liked Michel since he wasn't a baby and his death was great. The gun for the 25G is sweet and it would be awesome if they somehow incorporated his tow cable.

His death was awesome but he was a prick in the series. His valk however, was awesomesauce. The gloss finish would work well on his valk, that shiny ass blue.

His death was awesome but he was a prick in the series. His valk however, was awesomesauce. The gloss finish would work well on his valk, that shiny ass blue.

His death wasn't needed. He was a solid and focused character, unlike that confused moron of Alto. :p And yeah, his Valk is awesomo! Wonder if it will come with a Klan Klan pilot as well???

F yeah, the 25G would look awesome with the glossy plastic!

His death wasn't needed. He was a solid and focused character, unlike that confused moron of Alto. :p And yeah, his Valk is awesomo! Wonder if it will come with a Klan Klan pilot as well???

That seems to be the trend with the main heroes. Hikaru, Shin, Alto... they all see to need a good smack or two to set them straight. Seriously Alto, an entire series and two movies before you decide on which chick to go with? Is it really that hard? (that's what she said). :p

I think that we are all pleased with the VF-25

the design of the vf-25 has a lot to do with it :rolleyes:

a sleek fighter mode !

but if this toy has poor articulations for sure

it feels really floppy or too tight on some parts

For those who have the bird : you can test the following, you will see what I mean

when bending the legs to the gerwalk mode from fighter it does not do a nice multi locking sound behind the air intake, it just go straight down to a 90° angle with a medium pressure

(I prefer when you need to force a bit)

regarding the knee section :

It is more noticible when you only hold the legs of the toy (still in gerwalk mode), the knee are not secured and locked

or simply place the gerwalk on a table a touch the nose

the toy is balancing from back to forward

I do not think that it is a reliable toy unfornately

strange from Bandai but well I do not have any non macross toy from them

I wish it had the same articulation as vf-1 v2 from yamato

Honestly, my dream will be a yamato vf-25 :wub:

anyway lucky us for having a v2 :)

Edited by Ghostkiller

I'm looking forward to the VF-25G as well. I think that's the one I would display with Super Packs.

What makes you say he was a prick?

I can't say I have those particular problems with my copy. The ratchet/indent joints are fine. It's just the ball joint and friction joints that are loose or inconsistent.

Yeah, me neither, mine is okay all around. Except the aforementioned loose ball shoulder but I fixed that in a minute.

I'm eagerly waiting Michael's valk, his is definitely my favorite scheme. Though, I honestly wouldn't mind if Bandai changes his paint scheme again like they did with the v.1. I much prefer the way they painted it (solid blue/white/black paint, and the entire underside of the nose white) to being accurate to the show (blue/white/dark purpleish blue colors, and just the landing gear doors white? I never understood why they did that with the nose..:huh: )

As far as Klan goes though.. anyone else remember the red VF-25S kit that someone customized for her? I'd gladly shell out for one of those if they made them, even if it was a web exclusive. :)

yes but

it looks so wrong

copy paste of michael/michel vf-25G in the animation (just in green)

info found on the net by the way

check the picture : 003 on the shoulder

it is michael/michel

I do not think that it is supposed to be a canon folder head

this head is for snipers

anyway I can be wrong : it is animation and nothing is impossible.... :p

vf25a.jpg

Edited by Ghostkiller

I don't think they ever designed a separate VF-25A actually. Since we never saw any of the base model in action though, it made sense to use Michael's as a base for a recolor, since it's the only one with a single head laser. All the other VF-25s had heads with more lasers.

Is there an overall breakdown of what the different VF-25 models are though? I'd think the master file would have something about that, but I've always wondered what the significance of the F model would be. It's akin to the VF-1J I'd assume, but since it seems like all the VF-25 variants can mount a variety of mission packs anyway, so why specialize? :huh:

Yeah, me neither, mine is okay all around. Except the aforementioned loose ball shoulder but I fixed that in a minute.

Fixed how?

BTW. Are the shoulder plates supposed to sit at 45 or 90 degree angle in Battroid Mode?

Fixed how?

copypasta from couple pages ago:

"If it's the shoulder ball joint that is loose, look under I what would be the 'armpit' of the valk. Remove that black screw, being careful not to strip it. The two halves of the mid-shoulder piece should come right off. Apply nail polish into the exposed ball socket, and voila tight arms. I just did this yesterday, easy peasy, "

I think the -F model is supposed to be an "attacker"/junior officer grade model (which is weird, cuz a newbie kid gets it). I think, compared to the other models, it has improved close quarters functioning, as well as thruster output (though I easily could be wrong).

-There are what appear to be a paint chip and a small silver droplet of paint in the red "mohawk" portion of the head. Small but quite noticeable on a red background.

You know, I think that might be on purpose. Mine has a similar marking, but I think mine looks more like metallic red paint. It could be transparent red over silver.

I do remember the model kit having a diamond shaped marking there, and I think it was a light or sensor window of some sort. I'll have to dig for a picture from the anime to confirm it. I don't recall the actual color, but it might have been red.

Edit: Yep, it's there, and it's supposed to be a red sensor window or something.

3574298383_6e50ca475d.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

You know, I think that might be on purpose. Mine has a similar marking, but I think mine looks more like metallic red paint. It could be transparent red over silver.

I do remember the model kit having a diamond shaped marking there, and I think it was a light or sensor window of some sort. I'll have to dig for a picture from the anime to confirm it. I don't recall the actual color, but it might have been red.

Edit: Yep, it's there, and it's supposed to be a red sensor window or something.

3574298383_6e50ca475d.jpg

That's not what I'm talking about.

post-5703-0-35082900-1320881935_thumb.jpg

I'm probably in the minority, that while I like Michael as a character, I never really liked the colour scheme of his VF-25G.

I only really like Alto and Ozma's colours.

I'll probably pass on a v.2 Michael VF-25G.

Actually, I'd far prefer a cannon fodder VF-25A or Klan's game version VF-25S rather than Michael's VF-25G.

Graham

I'm probably in the minority, that while I like Michael as a character, I never really liked the colour scheme of his VF-25G.

I only really like Alto and Ozma's colours.

I'll probably pass on a v.2 Michael VF-25G.

Actually, I'd far prefer a cannon fodder VF-25A or Klan's game version VF-25S rather than Michael's VF-25G.

Graham

BOO! HISSSSS!!!

I really like the VF-25G. For me, it's really the gun that does it.

After I get Alto's and if I'm really happy with it (probably I will), I'm pretty sure I'll collect the rest VF-25 variants.

I'll probably get Armored pack for Ozma. Not really into other option packs.

I'm already satisfied with VF-27 thou. So, that's done. :D

Somehow I'm really into VF-171EX. Hopefully Bandai or Yamato will get to it later.

Yes. I keep hoping they will announce a 171. Before they announced the VF-27, I was thinking they might do the 171. Then after the VF-27, I thought, alright the 171 is next for sure! Then they came out with the Macross Quarter, VB-6... and so on. Sigh...

I'm especially partial to the EX variant, but at this point, I'd settle for a regular Nightmare Plus.

Edited by MacrossJunkie