DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

There are quite a few hidden fees, such as exchange rate expenses (actual rate from US to JPY is like 3% off the actual rate), S&H charges (from pbandai, middleman and international EMS), that gets added to the over all cost.

They are probably making about $40 at that price, and that's a lot of trouble/risk/investment for only $40 profit.

I can understand all the hidden fees, but still I don't feel like paying extra for already expensive item.

I like BBT and I use them quite often, but it's not for exclusive Bandai items like this.

I can understand all the hidden fees, but still I don't feel like paying extra for already expensive item.

I like BBT and I use them quite often, but it's not for exclusive Bandai items like this.

Hmm... you are in Irvine.

If you want one, just join the group buy and I can meet up with you.

I work by the Spectrum. =)

Holy COW! These look really cool, but as much as I'd like to drop the money necessary to buy them, I think I'll wait. April is a LONG time away, and who knows how many bundles and what not will be released by then. Beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised if the VF-25 is a loosey goosey limp doll by that time.

Only time will tell I guess. I see that the VF-25F is for sale at HLJ now, but I can't seem to find Ozma. Any help?

I pre-ordered Ozma, and now I'm considering cancelling the pre-order if I can't get any FAST or Armour packs for it... Stupid Bandai...

Don't cancel it. I ordered the super packs through Tokyo Hunter for Alto. I'm skipping them for Ozma cause I want his armour packs. I'm sure the armoured packs will be announced at a later date. When they do, I'll be ordering them through the same place.

I just noticed in Fighter Mode...the thigh joint needs an extra click downward in order to mount the leg parts (similar to the VF-1).

This couldn't be done with the shitty first version. :wacko:

post-31-0-82116100-1321137443_thumb.jpg

Only time will tell I guess. I see that the VF-25F is for sale at HLJ now, but I can't seem to find Ozma. Any help?

HLJ typo'd the name. Try YF-25S.

Chris

Edit: whoops, looks like HLJ fixed their typo. It's there under VF-25S but order stopped.

Edited by Dobber

I just noticed in Fighter Mode...the thigh joint needs an extra click downward in order to mount the leg parts (similar to the VF-1).

This couldn't be done with the shitty first version. :wacko:

That’s exactly how the YF-29 fits all its extra stuff.

Still in stock here...

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN964807

Oh, I do know that they still have it in stock (and probably the lowest price at the moment).

But yeeeeah, what I really meant to say was "I missed the chance to preorder at a more discounted price, so I really don't want to pay a little more. Plus, now that I know that super packs are exclusive, I'll just (hopefully) wait till they bundle both the packs and valk for a future release at that time's discounted price."

Or I'll just simply say that I just don't feel it's a right time for me to purchase a valk right now :unsure:.

My thought process is weird (or maybe I'm just stupidly weird in all)...

I have a much easier time transforming this VF-25 than Yamato's VF-1 v2. Am I the only one? :blink:

I would say that would be justified. I'm deathly afraid of transforming my VF-1S v2 sometimes. The shoulder hinges are prone to cracking, and not too long ago for me, the swing bar was stuck, really stuck, so it was impossible to transform it into battroid mode. Not to mention, getting that bar in and out of the enclosed compartment above the front landing gear has always been difficult for me (even after successfully loosening the bar).

Edited by shiroikaze

Well, this flew past my head... I should've preordered when I had the chance. Hopefully I can catch the preorder for the bundled version in the future.

Also, just found this video review today,

Watching him transform this is painful for me. I am so ridiculously careful when I transform mine.

Amiami also has the 25F back in stock, but again, it is at nearly full MSRP.

Just a little FYI, but I think people may be interested to know:

The "can be either a rear seat, or a spot filled with stuff" that the VF-25 toy has (as does the v2 YF-19) is actually quite similar to the real-life F-15 and F-18. While those planes cannot change what they have there, the 2-seat versions of them do not have a longer cockpit or forward fuselage--they basically just remove the avionics that go in there, and put the second seat in. The actual cockpit walls, bulkheads, etc are almost exactly the same. If you rip out the "avionics vent" panel of an F-18C and remove the rear seat of an F-18D---you've got very very similar looking "empty rear cockpit areas". Same concept, just "can only be decided/changed what goes there when built".

I stopped using Anime Export after few tries. They take advantage of customers in pricing and order system is messed up by making you pay product and shipping separately. Also shipped my product to wrong person and took about a month to refund my money (even after they admitted they made a mistake)

Toy Hunter seems like they have good prices. I'll try them next time when I have chance.

The reason I like EToys Japan is their shipping options. They give you almost every possible shipping options with very reasonable prices. Now that I went through 1 cycle of purchasing, I'll give them more chances.

Still my No.1 choice would be AmiAmi, but they often close pre-order window very fast and order management system is lacking.However all for the lowest price possible.

Group buy sounds very nice indeed, but you still pay the full price? but you will get the products faster than other options, I guess.

Just a little FYI, but I think people may be interested to know:

The "can be either a rear seat, or a spot filled with stuff" that the VF-25 toy has (as does the v2 YF-19) is actually quite similar to the real-life F-15 and F-18. While those planes cannot change what they have there, the 2-seat versions of them do not have a longer cockpit or forward fuselage--they basically just remove the avionics that go in there, and put the second seat in. The actual cockpit walls, bulkheads, etc are almost exactly the same. If you rip out the "avionics vent" panel of an F-18C and remove the rear seat of an F-18D---you've got very very similar looking "empty rear cockpit areas". Same concept, just "can only be decided/changed what goes there when built".

f 15c is smaller frame then the f 15e..canopy is also larger..the canopy had to be enlarged to alow for the proper ejection of its pilots..its not as simple as just removing the avionics bay..all those avionics are vital to the operation of flt sys..thus the enlarge cockpit area..

they(military) use to showed us failed ejection seat tests of the f15 c smaller canopy with duel seats in tech school when i first joined the military 13 years or so ago...

Edited by kaos13

I specifically said cockpit, not canopy, on purpose. The canopy is longer so as to create head-room for the back-seater without having a very weird curvature at the back. But the basic dimensions of the cockpit area are the same, bulkhead/frame-wise.

AFAIK much of the avionics in the rear cockpit area of an F-15 are in fact fairly optional (as in, it can still fly and fight without them)--that is why the F-15B and F-15D have inferior defensive systems than the A and C model---because that's what was removed--mostly ECM-related stuff. (there's not really that much there from what I've seen---raise the turtle decking and it's mostly an empty space---the black boxes are all along the walls, but the middle's empty). Removing this equipment was unacceptable for the F-15E due to its mission, so instead they put the ECM avionics in the gun's ammo bay area, and the F-15E has a much smaller ammo capacity than the C as a result. (and even that required bulging the ammo bay outwards just to have that much room---the bulged/moved ammo bay is an oft-missed physical feature of the E-model)

Is the original Fast Packs for VF-25 compatible with the renewal VF-25? According to one ebay seller they are:

Bandai claimed that the renewal version VF-25F can be equipped with all previous Bandai WEb Shop released Super parts or full armor parts. In bandai website, bandai quoted the following description: "※DX超合金シリーズで2010年以前に発売された、VF-25用「スーパーパーツ」「アーマードパーツ」「トルネードパーツ」は当商品に装着することは出来ません。 "

Can anyone confirm this?

On Friday I finally recieved my vrf-25 and it had scrapped paint on the should areas (as usual) and on on the black stripe on one of the legs. Thanks alot Bandai :angry: . But other than that, the toy is what the v1 should've been. I wonder how long its going to take for this toy to start yellowing like the v1?

Group buy sounds very nice indeed, but you still pay the full price? but you will get the products faster than other options, I guess.

Not sure what you mean...

For web exclusive stuff, GB will always be higher than the retail price... there is no way to get them at wholesale price and offer a discount.

If you are talking about the VF-25F renewal, I have one for $175 if you want to meet up in Irvine. =)

は当商品に装着することは出来ません。

That says cannot be attached.

Edited by nanoplasm

I still can't figure it out how to raise up the neck piece correctly like pud did!

You gotta do two things: The neck plate is on a double hinge, so you have to reach underneath and push on that to extend it out as much as you can. But the head will still sink down if you don't push the shoulder plates back down as far as they can go. That not only helps the back piece the wings are connected to sit flush against the cockpit, but it also helps keep the neck up. It feels fragile at first when you're pushing down the shoulder plates, but when you take a look, there's ample clearance for the piece to move down. I generally move them a little at a time, since that part is quite tight on mine, until they are bent back down fully. Just don't force anything.

Edited by pud333

Is the original Fast Packs for VF-25 compatible with the renewal VF-25? According to one ebay seller they are:

Bandai claimed that the renewal version VF-25F can be equipped with all previous Bandai WEb Shop released Super parts or full armor parts. In bandai website, bandai quoted the following description: "※DX超合金シリーズで2010年以前に発売された、VF-25用「スーパーパーツ」「アーマードパーツ」「トルネードパーツ」は当商品に装着することは出来ません。 "

Can anyone confirm this?

That says that they are incompatible with the renewal version.

Well I took the plunge and ordered me a vf-25 :-)

Im glad it's a wonderful model(yes I call it a model bc it's detailed like a model rather than a toy) but I'm sorry you have to pay mrsp, should of jumped on the pre-order bandwagon!!!!

Im glad it's a wonderful model(yes I call it a model bc it's detailed like a model rather than a toy) but I'm sorry you have to pay mrsp, should of jumped on the pre-order bandwagon!!!!

If he ordered it from HLJ, he paid less than MSRP. 11,900 yen. They still have stock.

Not sure what you mean...

For web exclusive stuff, GB will always be higher than the retail price... there is no way to get them at wholesale price and offer a discount.

If you are talking about the VF-25F renewal, I have one for $175 if you want to meet up in Irvine. =)

Oh I meant to say exactly that - you pay MSRP + divided shipping among group. So it's not necessarily the least expensive option.

However you don't go though retail, so you get your items shipped directly to you - which is faster than coming through retail.

For VF-23F renewal, I got one already. I'll seek next chance for group buy :) Maybe for the one comes out after Ozma's or Armored pack.