Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Been discussing with Yamato about the lack of instument panel tampo or sticker on the Fire Valkyrie. Apparently the head of development didn't think it was needed :(

However, good news, I have got then to agree to include it for the VF-19S and F. :)

Graham

Been discussing with Yamato about the lack of instument panel tampo or sticker on the Fire Valkyrie. Apparently the head of development didn't think it was needed :(

:blink::wacko: ... the hell? Seriously, I don't get it.

However, good news, I have got then to agree to include it for the VF-19S and F. :)

Graham

Yeah, and the VF-19P, too, right? Right?? :D

Graham

What's the probability of there being a VF-19 Kai + Sound Booster release? I'm really debating right now on scrounging up enough cash for a current VF-19 Kai, or waiting to see if they're eventually released together. I know there are plans to release the Sound Booster by itself, but if they can be gotten together in one go...

I admit I am a little sad about the ball-jointed feet though, especially since that's my favorite method of displaying valks. I pull the feet out, and balance them on them in fighter mode, standing up. If those feet loosen up over time, I won't be able to keep them like that.

two words; Electrician's Tape.

indeed!! small, cut to order swatches of Elect. Tape placed in the PINS/SHAFTS of ALL joints

turned my rather loose-n-floppy 1985 1/72 BANDAI HCM VF-1J

into a total tight-@$$ tank that's pretty much the equal of my Yammie 1.60v.II!!

NO JOKE!! this TRULY is a magic cure-all for just about any non-ratcheted Mecha joint out there!!

it's like POLY-CAPS for non-poly-cappable joints, only BETTER!! SERIOUSLY!!

sure, you have to do major disassembly in order to once-over a Mecha toy/model

like i did with my HCM, but trust me when i assure it is MORE than worth the hassle!!

i even nicely tightened up the swing-wings on my Yammie 1.60v.II with this technique!!

it is surely one of the very best methods out there!!

into

Edited by Shaorin

Still no word from the lazy bastards from customs... I'm really pissed that EVERY EMS package I get gets held. Now I have to go to the middle of nowhere and swallow the most retarded bureaucratic paperwork known to human kind… again :angry:

You people still in love with this thing?? I’m this close to having it unclaimed instead of loosing a whole morning of work; have it returned to the snails at HLJ and demand a refund.

Hlj may be slow but so far everything has been fine with me in dealing with them.

I don't get the hate for them here all of a sudden. But I don't buy nearly as much macross toys as the average guy on these boards so maybe i have low standards heh

I am tempted to get the fire valk because it has the long wings, but I'm going to wait for the blazer now.

I just have to pretend basaras plane is a non-canon fan-made design which exists in a universe where un spacy has teamed up with the Transformers to fight aliens and basara is equiped with weapons to deal with soundwave but his weapons are non-lethal enerygy weapons.

The fire valk is not a mech, but like starscream, a pilot can sit in his chest for a free ride. This helps me deal with the idea that the fire valkyie in mac7 uses guitar controls, because by saying its not a mech I can believe as a transformer the robot controls it own body and the human just sits there without having to actually fly it manually. Or basara IS the robot, and the transformer connects cables to his spine which then allows the transformer to control basaras body which allows the transformer to fly the plane with a pilot using guitar controls.(ie basaras hands are actually guided by the transformer to control the plane from inside the cockpit haha)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just have to pretend basaras plane is a non-canon fan-made design which exists in a universe where un spacy has teamed up with the Transformers to fight aliens and basara is equiped with weapons to deal with soundwave but his weapons are non-lethal enerygy weapons.

The fire valk is not a mech, but like starscream, a pilot can sit in his chest for a free ride. This helps me deal with the idea that the fire valkyie in mac7 uses guitar controls, because by saying its not a mech I can believe as a transformer the robot controls it own body and the human just sits there without having to actually fly it manually. Or basara IS the robot, and the transformer connects cables to his spine which then allows the transformer to control basaras body which allows the transformer to fly the plane with a pilot using guitar controls.(ie basaras hands are actually guided by the transformer to control the plane from inside the cockpit haha)

How do you come up with such ideas???

I have to give you an A in story telling :lol:

Hlj may be slow but so far everything has been fine with me in dealing with them.

I don't get the hate for them here all of a sudden. But I don't buy nearly as much macross toys as the average guy on these boards so maybe i have low standards heh

I am tempted to get the fire valk because it has the long wings, but I'm going to wait for the blazer now.

And you're saying that all of that is more plausible than just having a singing pilot fly a Valkyrie? :mellow:

two words; Electrician's Tape.

etc........

Like I said, it's not gonna be easy to dismantle the feet to get at the ball joint in the first place.

WOW...

reminds me of the kind of crazy crap i came up with as a pre-teen child back in the late-80's.

boy's got an overactive imagination, i say... :wacko::p

Is it really that hard accepting the VF-19 Kai and it's special controls? I mean, it's not any weirder than a giant war loving alien race with no culture that goes limp when listening to music, nor is it weirder than a virtual idol that gains sentience through the installation of a special bio-neural chip and falls in love with a human, nor is it weirder than alien bugs that travel light years across galaxies to save a girl infected with a virus that lives in her gut allowing her to generate fold waves through her singing. :p

Is it really that hard accepting the VF-19 Kai and it's special controls? I mean, it's not any weirder than a giant war loving alien race with no culture that goes limp when listening to music, nor is it weirder than a virtual idol that gains sentience through the installation of a special bio-neural chip and falls in love with a human, nor is it weirder than alien bugs that travel light years across galaxies to save a girl infected with a virus that lives in her gut allowing her to generate fold waves through her singing. :p

BOMBA!

I guess you've got a point there... ^_^

WOW...

reminds me of the kind of crazy crap i came up with as a pre-teen child back in the late-80's.

boy's got an overactive imagination, i say... :wacko::p

ok then...

The fire valkyrie is secretly controlled by an AI similar to sharon apple from macross plus.

This helps me deal with the idea that basara could concentrate on singing and flying so easily without ever getting hit. He is a fraud just like myung and the flying was handled by this AI. Basara sings while the fire valk controls the other stuff.

Maybe when there is a remake of mac7 they will tone down basaras skills and make him more like normal pilots and less like a super hero?

They don't go limp, they are programmed to fear the protoculture race when they were created as weapons by the PC which is what made them lose space war I. The music merely provided a distraction for Global to launch all the nukes at once inside the leader's ship and then quickly activate a full barrier to shield the sdf1 from blowing itself up in the attack.

The zentradi are like the terminator cyborgs in 'Terminator'. They are not allowed to think outside the mind control for fear they would turn against thier own creators, so thats why they get scared at tiny humans who look like the pc. In the original tv series it is mentioned the dna is almost the same between the aliens and humans. DYRL is just a movie within macross so that version of events is not how space war I really happened. In that version the aliens mind control (where they have thier memory wiped like when you got drunk one night and don't remember much) wears off a bit when an old song is played.

VF-19 being alive and acting out of its own free will doesn't sound all that strange to me considering the zentradi use a guy's head to control thier ships.

Is it really that hard to accept the wierd controls the zentradi used, being used by humans? I think that is much easier for me to accept than being able to play a guitar and fly around so easily in the show. The Fire valkyrie to me = host body for an AI.

Keep your fanfic in the fanfic forum. This is for toys, the VF-19 Kai being one of the most awesome, ever! Hell, I'll do you one better watch GaogaiGar & enjoy your Mike Sounders XIII, but hate on Nekki Basara, and you'll have to deal with me!

Keep your fanfic in the fanfic forum. This is for toys, the VF-19 Kai being one of the most awesome, ever! Hell, I'll do you one better watch GaogaiGar & enjoy your Mike Sounders XIII, but hate on Nekki Basara, and you'll have to deal with me!

Lol. We don't have a fanfic forum. There's a website dedicated to Macross fanfic. It's called robotech.com.

OH YEAH!!! My VF-19 Kai ust arrived today and it's AWESOME!!! Seriously, it's tight, has a wonderfully ingeniously complex yet simple transformation, numerous gimmicks, and I was actually surprised that most of the yellow is actually molded plastic. It's such a step up from the Hi-Metal and YF-19 it's unbelievable!

For those having problems with the thigh section, I highly recommend watching this video that Yamato has put up. Their method of putting one finger on the wing and one on the thigh joint is great and really helped me swing the GERWALK joint down easily and avoid breakage:

Edited by Actar

Arghh!!! I never tried that kick pose, just how did you get it to stand like that and I forgot to try that kneelling pose that I have been seeing in someone's avatar. And I just had to transform it back to fighter mode to get it on the stand right.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

OH YEAH!!! My VF-19 Kai ust arrived today and it's AWESOME!!! Seriously, it's tight, has a wonderfully ingeniously complex yet simple transformation, numerous gimmicks, and I was actually surprised that most of the yellow is actually molded plastic. It's such a step up from the Hi-Metal and YF-19 it's unbelievable!

For those having problems with the thigh section, I highly recommend watching this video that Yamato has put up. Their method of putting one finger on the wing and one on the thigh joint is great and really helped me swing the GERWALK joint down easily and avoid breakage:

Where do I get gloves like those (with three stripes in the back) when I man handle my expensive toys?! :D

I want to know where he got his training from and how he was able to get such a high spec Valk as a civilian.

He doesn't need training, he wills it to happen with the power of rock BOMBA!!!

Edited by anime52k8

Took some quick pics of this beauty.

1-17.jpg

Wow, the red on that looks really deep, unlike the other pics I've seen--custom paint job, or does it look that good in person?

I want to know where he got his training from and how he was able to get such a high spec Valk as a civilian.

Well, if the man could pilot a super-complex, three mode mecha with a guitar, what else can't he do?