Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

yamato and bandai are crazy with that ridiculous prices if that wings come with real sound boosters mp3 or something like that justify the cost but only plastic I avoid so I have to wait only for specific valkyries that want like the vf 19s and vf 25s 2.0 :angry:

Yamato's site announces the Sound Booster is on its way! The pictures are the ones we've already seen but with greater detail thanks to the PhotoZoomer. It's the painted prototype; I'd love to see how the actual toy will look like.

The site mentions the sound booster's been carefully designed in order to not to collapse when attached to the VF-19 in battroid mode, a Basara figure in his stage costume and a replacement piece for attachment to fighter mode, all supervised by Mr. Shoji Kawamori.

Source: http://www.yamato-to...il.php?gid=1914

It's also mentioned at Yamato's blog that the Sound Booster will be present at WF.

Source: http://www.yamato-to...x.php?logid=331

One could make the argument it could've been added in the release of the Kai but that would've made that price sky rocket. Eugimon is right it's mainly for people that really want it but it won't halt the sales of the Kai like it would have been if it were packaged in. And me being who I am.....I will be a sucker and buy it cause it will make the Kai more awesome to me lol. Now to find a guitar in scale for it lol

Edited by kanedaestes

9800 yen MSRP. :blink:

What the hell?? They raised it! Is that the price for the ability to attach in Fighter? (I'm betting that was a last-minute addition which would also explain the delay) <_<

The site mentions the sound booster's been carefully designed in order to not to collapse when attached to the VF-19 in battroid mode,

Yeah, right. Some people's Battroids won't stand up under their own weight anymore because of those infernal ankle ball-joints, so "pass the salt, please". :rolleyes:

Maybe the extra piece is a stand.

Nope.

■付属品:熱気バサラフィギュア(1/60VF-19改ファイヤー用)/ファイターモード用接続アタッチメント/マーキングステッカー/取扱説明書

(http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1914&infolnk=index_pickup180mm)

Accessories included: Nekki Basara figure / Attachment piece for Fighter Mode/ Marking Stickers / Instruction Booklet

That's it. :(

Hey, I never noticed you could write comments on that page. Hmm. I wonder if that's a new feature of their site.

EDIT -- I told them that while I'm happy they are allowing attachment to Figher, for the asking price they could have made them real working speakers. Though, of course we know that's probably not true. Seems the comments don't display publicly, but they "received it".

Edited by Renato

Usually I don't leave comments for the stuff I'm not gonna buy, but that price worries me a lot for their next products... No more high-quality-good price 'made in China' Japanese toys..? I hope VF-19 version 2.0 won't be like $300 or something.. :(

Usually I don't leave comments for the stuff I'm not gonna buy, but that price worries me a lot for their next products... No more high-quality-good price 'made in China' Japanese toys..? I hope VF-19 version 2.0 won't be like $300 or something.. :(

On the front page of the paper this morning was this headline:

http://japanrealestatecommentary.blogspot.com/2011/06/japanese-women-cut-salarymans-allowance.html

Bloomberg source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-27/japan-s-men-survive-on-15-a-day-as-wives-tighten-purse-strings.html

The market is shrinking, I point this out every so often. If you want to keep buying high-quality toys, you are ever-more in the minority. We are in the tail-end of the nostalgia boom now, and only a select few of us will be able to afford these ever-more limited items.

On the front page of the paper this morning was this headline:

http://japanrealestatecommentary.blogspot.com/2011/06/japanese-women-cut-salarymans-allowance.html

Bloomberg source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-27/japan-s-men-survive-on-15-a-day-as-wives-tighten-purse-strings.html

The market is shrinking, I point this out every so often. If you want to keep buying high-quality toys, you are ever-more in the minority. We are in the tail-end of the nostalgia boom now, and only a select few of us will be able to afford these ever-more limited items.

Agreed about being on the tail-end of this particular (or our) nostalgia boom. It's too bad, but I am grateful to have had the means to take part in buying the types products I've wanted since I was a kid.

Hopefully with Frontier and any other future Macross shows the fan base grows with a newer/younger audience and in turn keep companies making products I want to spend my disposable income on.

On topic - without denying the glowing reviews I'm still on the fence about the VF-19, and without having watched any of Macross 7 I'm also pretty ambivalent about the relatively expensive "maybe it does, maybe it doesn't" MP3 playing Sound Booster.

-b.

'tail-end of the nostalgia boom' Just that term makes me feel old and sad :(

On the other hand, [Hot toys] is doing pretty good even in this economy for that matter thou.

Agreed about being on the tail-end of this particular (or our) nostalgia boom. It's too bad, but I am grateful to have had the means to take part in buying the types products I've wanted since I was a kid.

Agreed. It's been a good ride. ^_^

Hopefully with Frontier and any other future Macross shows the fan base grows with a newer/younger audience and in turn keep companies making products I want to spend my disposable income on.

I can't speak for "future" Macross shows, but Frontier, although it brought in younger fans, was not targeted at kids like SDF and M7 were, so I do not foresee another nostalgia boom fifteen years from now like we have seen for the other shows. Who knows, though.

On topic - without denying the glowing reviews I'm still on the fence about the VF-19, and without having watched any of Macross 7 I'm also pretty ambivalent about the relatively expensive "maybe it does, maybe it doesn't" MP3 playing Sound Booster.

It DOESN'T. That would have been the major selling point and there's no mention of that ability anywhere.

Anybody else wish that the ankles are detailed like Bandai's YF-29?

Argh. Aren't they similar enough to Bandai's already?? Go back to ratchets, Yamato, seriously.

I really hope the die-cast pieces don't make it impossible to install working speakers.

Me too. Although at this price I don't know that I wanna be taking this thing apart much. :unsure:

Anybody else wish that the ankles are detailed like Bandai's YF-29?

Why would they be detailed? They're never really exposed in the show. The VF-25/29 have exposed, detailed ankles in the show so it would make sense for Bandai to match the lineart. The VF-19 has no such detail exposed.

Finally got my hands on this beauty. Awesome glossy plastic, I love it. Lots of little details. Still wish it had come with the sound booster. Anyway, some pictures:

size comparison with "older" valkyries

post-925-0-92532300-1309267187_thumb.jpg

Generations

post-925-0-33032700-1309267256_thumb.jpg

Fighter size comparison

post-925-0-59404300-1309267360_thumb.jpg

Uh, I think I lost my face...

post-925-0-34467400-1309267450_thumb.jpg

Those were the days

post-925-0-85283800-1309267591_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

'tail-end of the nostalgia boom' Just that term makes me feel old and sad :(

On the other hand, [Hot toys] is doing pretty good even in this economy for that matter thou.

I feel like I missed the bus, and now I'll have to shell out for outrageous cab fare... :(

meh, it's a one off that's only going to appeal to some of the people who bought the kai.

Can't say I'm surprised about the price, luckily I don't care enough to want it either way.

I'm in the same boat, I won't get it.

It's great that Yamato is making it for the people that want it. Now where's the protect armor for the VF-11????

Why would they be detailed? They're never really exposed in the show. The VF-25/29 have exposed, detailed ankles in the show so it would make sense for Bandai to match the lineart. The VF-19 has no such detail exposed.

I understand that but it just looks really weird with the ball joint and no other detail when the feet is extended all the way.

No word of MP3 function on a product that is around the corner really looks like a "no, it doesn't have it". If it at least came with Speaker Pod Gamma (or whatever that giat thing is named), then I would pay that retarded price.

The high price probably also means a smaller production run. Maybe Yamato waited to see the VF-19's sales before setting the number of sets produced...

And iIf we're on the end of the nostagia wave it only means the next wave isn't very far behind... these things usually keep coming relentlessly, you know ;)

Argh. Aren't they similar enough to Bandai's already?? Go back to ratchets, Yamato, seriously.

Yes go back to ratchets yamato. Have you not learned your lesson from the old Qrau 1/60 which always falls back on its butt thanks to the ball-jointed hips and back heavy design of this mecha? Small figures can get away with it but not big ones. Posing (especially ones where you are trying to make them look like they are flying at a weird angle) sucks with ball joints on large figures.

You can give us ball-jointed fingers on hands and stuff, but use common sense on the larger limbs.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Macross Massive Purchase Season is now open!

VF-19 - May 2011 (In hand)

YF-29 - June 2011 (In transit)

VF-19 Sound Booster - August 2011 (Planned)

VF-25F V.2 - November 2011 (Wishful Plan)

Fill July with some Gundams (Robot Damashii etc.) :)

Fill September and October with past products like VF-22S Gamlin and VF-11C.

Edited by charger69

Macross Massive Purschase Season is now open!

VF-19 - May 2011 (In hand)

YF-29 - June 2011 (In transit)

VF-19 Sound Booster - August 2011 (Planned)

VF-25F V.2 - November 2011 (Wishful Plan)

Fill July with some Gundams (Robot Damashii etc.) :)

Fill September and October with past products like VF-22S Gamlin and VF-11C.

I'd rather fill September and October with a 19 Blazer of some variety but the Gamlin and 11C are both good purchases too.