Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Wow, the red on that looks really deep, unlike the other pics I've seen--custom paint job, or does it look that good in person?

It's close, though I did use a photo enhancing program to play around with the brightness, contrast and saturation, so results may vary. (^.^;)

I want to know where he got his training from and how he was able to get such a high spec Valk as a civilian.

OR maybe you could just watch the series so you don't have to ask about everything that doesn't make sense to you, and we won't have to waste time explaining it to you. It clearly explains everything in the show

OR maybe you could just watch the series so you don't have to ask about everything that doesn't make sense to you, and we won't have to waste time explaining it to you. It clearly explains everything in the show

jeez, just answer the question.

The series' protagonist is Basara, a loner who lives in a cabin outside of the main city on Macross 7, accompanied by his band, and the surrounding wildlife. Basara is a recluse, spending most of his time alone with his priceless collection of paintings which he inherited from his grandfather (the art was a gift for his grandmother), and serenading eagles with his equally priceless guitar. His only real friend and mentor is the older, Max Jenius) who raised Basara after his parents died. Basara's father and MAx flew in Space War I together.

Earlier, Basara was a test pilot for the vf-19, an advanced valkyrie with sonic capabilities and a formidable arsenal. The vf-19 kai was built by the FIRM, a division of UN Spacy. The vf-19 kai was stolen by its twisted creator, Dr. Lang . MAx then asks Basara to go retrieve the vf-19. Basara does but decides to steal the vf-19 kai for himself and use it to start a rock band and achieve peace through music.

:p

jeez, just answer the question.

The series' protagonist is Basara, a loner who lives in a cabin outside of the main city on Macross 7, accompanied by his band, and the surrounding wildlife. Basara is a recluse, spending most of his time alone with his priceless collection of paintings which he inherited from his grandfather (the art was a gift for his grandmother), and serenading eagles with his equally priceless guitar. His only real friend and mentor is the older, Max Jenius) who raised Basara after his parents died. Basara's father and MAx flew in Space War I together.

Earlier, Basara was a test pilot for the vf-19, an advanced valkyrie with sonic capabilities and a formidable arsenal. The vf-19 kai was built by the FIRM, a division of UN Spacy. The vf-19 kai was stolen by its twisted creator, Dr. Lang . MAx then asks Basara to go retrieve the vf-19. Basara does but decides to steal the vf-19 kai for himself and use it to start a rock band and achieve peace through music.

:p

:huh:

curious if these are already in HK shops and for how much. heading there next week for a short business trip.

also need to know if toy shops in HK are open on sundays (specifically those in mongkok, since i'll be hitting sugar street on a weekday given it's close enough to the office) and if any new shops have popped up in the past 4 years. thanks

iirc, shops there open after 4pm. they close early on weekdays and Sundays. on Saturdays some shops are open up until 11pm. check In's Point which is one station below MK at Yau Ma Tei station. near the corner of Nathan and Waterloo... that's where i got most of my Yamatos from whenever i visit HK.

Edited by m0n5t3r

curious if these are already in HK shops and for how much. heading there next week for a short business trip.

also need to know if toy shops in HK are open on sundays (specifically those in mongkok, since i'll be hitting sugar street on a weekday given it's close enough to the office) and if any new shops have popped up in the past 4 years. thanks

The Fire Valk has been on sale in HK since 19th May. Most shops are selling it for around HK$1,600+.

And yes, shops in HK are open on a Sunday.

Graham

I think it's funny I keep reading in threads comments about the valk being shiny.

If you watch the show you would see that even the vf-17 is actually shiny along with all of the VFf-19's.

I really can't criticize Yamato or Shōji Kawamori for the shiny finish on the VF-19.

I am thankful though that they are doing matte on the VF-17's. If you watch the canyon run scene on episode 44 at minute mark 10:55 you can see that both the VF-17 and the VF-19 have a shiny coat due to the reflection of the lighting. Don't get me wrong though, I do prefer matte over gloss any day though.

Edited by Loop

It's close, though I did use a photo enhancing program to play around with the brightness, contrast and saturation, so results may vary. (^.^;)

Cool. M7's really not my thing, but I can see why everyone's got so much love for the fig.

I think it's funny I keep reading in threads comments about the valk being shiny.

If you watch the show you would see that even the vf-17 is actually shiny along with all of the VFf-19's.

I really can't criticize Yamato or Shōji Kawamori for the shiny finish on the VF-19.

There's also a scene in Mac Plus where Isamu sees his reflection in the hull of Alpha One as clearly as if he's looking at himself in a mirror. I don't think that means the YF-19 should have a chrome finish.

I'm not saying you're wrong either, just that you can't use art from some specific scene in a show as absolute evidence for how something should look in toy form.

All valkyries are meant to be shiny and have gloss finishes. It's adults who twenty years later want them to be flat finished and look like models of real airplanes instead of super awesome transforming robot planes.

Edited by jenius

The left foot on my kai is becoming ridonkulously loose. It can barely stay in gerwalk without falling over.

Since i'll be getting the Blazer (since there seems to be no chance of a P) i'm hoping they fix this problem.

Graham, any possibility of getting Yamato to tweak the ankle so that it's possible to crack it open? I still can't figure out how to open it up.

Edited by Alex

m0ns5t3r/graham, thanks for the info. this valk is not high on my want list, but that's a good price. just have to see it in person if i can tolerate the paint job, not so much the glossiness but the yellow bits, particularly the air intakes which i hope comes off.

since there seems to be no chance of a P

Which still kind of bugs me. Didn't I see pictures where they had intakes which were removable? Wasn't something to do with the lerx?

If you opened up the intakes all you would see would be the hinges and swing-joints (groovy!), so there would be no room for any engine detail. Hence they left them glued shut.

Which still kind of bugs me. Didn't I see pictures where they had intakes which were removable? Wasn't something to do with the lerx?

Some of the early test shots made it look like the covers could come off but they were always on.

The intake section is really shallow so the GERWALK joint is right there and the top of the intake section has the swivel joint screw for the LERX/hip attachment.

The way that section is design, a clean looking intake just isn't possible.

...and I just realized a problem with the shiny plastic. After transforming it four times Plane to Battroid to Plain to Battroid to Plane, I noticed that when given the proper angle, some really noticeable scratches appear.

Also, anyone having some problems with gaps appearing between the main chest and thighs and the rest of the plane in fighter mode?

Edit: New pics with the humans!

Untitled-2-2.jpg

Untitled-1-4.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

Image00001-3.jpg

Edited by Actar

All valkyries are meant to be shiny and have gloss finishes. It's adults who twenty years later want them to be flat finished and look like models of real airplanes instead of super awesome transforming robot planes.

You're right man. But kids aren't buying this stuff.

I've watched it twice and I don't ever recall it being mentioned.

I've watched it twice and I don't ever recall it being mentioned.

Right around when sound force established Ray said he got it with his military ties and that it was an experiment to see the military potential of music and song energy, sorta the experimental stages before sound force and later the jamming birds. And he chose Basara because when he met him he understood how powerful his passion was

Where does one get THOSE FIRE BOMBER FIGURES!!!???? :o :o :o

The Basara is from the CMs Macross Collection Series 2, and the Mylene is one of the "Live of Legend" figures, the other being Minmay. Minmay's base connects to Mylene's so you can have them both on stage at the same time:

post-1318-0-89858000-1307493621_thumb.jpg

All these figures are from around 2004, though.

There's also a scene in Mac Plus where Isamu sees his reflection in the hull of Alpha One as clearly as if he's looking at himself in a mirror. I don't think that means the YF-19 should have a chrome finish.

I'm not saying you're wrong either, just that you can't use art from some specific scene in a show as absolute evidence for how something should look in toy form.

I agree, just because there's a bit of stylization on the hull during the animation doesn't mean they're bright and shiny.

I beg to differ. Also what's wrong with wanting them to look like real airplanes? Is there a hard rule somewhere on how to enjoy Macross valks? ^_^

I beg to differ. Also what's wrong with wanting them to look like real airplanes? Is there a hard rule somewhere on how to enjoy Macross valks? ^_^

Personally, for me, it's always about accuracy. The more accurate to the original Anime and original intention of the creator the better.