Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

I'm sitll crossing my fingers for the sound boosters come come with real USB powered speakers & lights.

That'll happen when Satan begins skating to work.

Renato and I have been talking for years about making custom speakers. If there's enough space in these, I may even just go ahead and do it.

That'll happen when Satan begins skating to work.

Renato and I have been talking for years about making custom speakers. If there's enough space in these, I may even just go ahead and do it.

Yeah, remember back when the WAVE resin kit was our only option? :lol: All those ambitious plans. Now we're spoilt for choice with Kai toys.

Oh, as for the loose ankles thing. Mine is not so bad yet, but as I say, it is a primary worry. It's funny how much this toy feels like a Bandai... they should have stopped at the shiny texture and greasy residue, but they go all out and copy the flaws, too. :wacko: If it becomes as floppy as those terrible DX-25s and 27s I will be really pissed off. It even seems like taking the foot apart will be really bothersome.

About the Sound Booster, my only vain hope is that somehow it will connect in fighter mode.... :unsure:

Few shots of Mr. Nekki Basara's ride in his new home with his friends...sorry for the reflections...hard to get pics in cabinet.. :wacko:

What kind of cabinets are those? I really need something with glass to keep the dust down on mine.

I suppose I really shouldn't be ask shocked at that price as I am. Thanks for the link. They do look very nice.

LOL. yeah, i almost had a heart attack myself, but in the long run, I think it's worth it.

anywhoo....back on topic! ^_^

Just finished transforming mine and compared it side to side with the YF-19 as did others and I am satisfied, the ball joints are holding up on mine and none of the tampo print is damaged unlike other members. Now, if Yamato took lessons learned from the VF-19 and put them into a V2 YF-19, I would gladly pay for it. Between this and the VF-11B, these are the best VF toys from Yamato besides V2 VF-1s which I never had a problem with before.

Poor Isamu. :(

LOL - Right!

No arguing that Yamato designed a beauty with the Fire Valk. I just wish I could get over my dislike of the color scheme and face so that I could talk myself into buying one. :(

-b.

LOL - Right!

No arguing that Yamato designed a beauty with the Fire Valk. I just wish I could get over my dislike of the color scheme and face so that I could talk myself into buying one. :(

-b.

For people like us, save the moolah for the Nightmare imo :p

For people like us, save the moolah for the Nightmare imo :p

So even more blasphemy, I'm not a fan of the VF-17 Nightmare either. :wacko:

Beyond the VF-22 and VF-11 the Macross 7 Valks don't appeal to my sense of aesthetics.

More than likely my "need" to buy all things transformable from Macross will compel me to get both, but they'll probably be stuck in their respective boxes. Forever. :ph34r:

-b.

So even more blasphemy, I'm not a fan of the VF-17 Nightmare either. :wacko:

Beyond the VF-22 and VF-11 the Macross 7 Valks don't appeal to my sense of aesthetics.

More than likely my "need" to buy all things transformable from Macross will compel me to get both, but they'll probably be stuck in their respective boxes. Forever. :ph34r:

-b.

Send me the toy, you can keep the box. ^_^

Send me the toy, you can keep the box. ^_^

Sure. We can trade. You send me that nice camera you use to take your pics and I'll throw the instructions and sticker sheets in as a bonus. B))

You are not allowed to use the same name as me either lol....heretic. The YF/VF-19 is my all time favorite design and I can't wait till I get my hands on this one

Hey! You post more than I do, but I was here first buddy (joined in '99). :p

In all seriousness, I have to reiterate that I'm glad Yamato put their A-game into this, as long as they keep putting out quality items then I'll find a reason to buy it, fan of the design or not. I remember drooling over the old 1/72 YF-19 when they were going to be released domestically via Toycom. Things sure have come a loooonnnnggg way since then.

-b.

LOL - Right!

Just wait for the VF-19F/S, >90% chance they will come out in 9 months.

Mine just came in today.

Pro's

1)Awesome Battroid

2) Incredible tight, everything locks together

3)Surprisingly easy to transform. I usually wait until an English transformation video to do mine, and I have had no issues without a video with this valkyrie

4) Basara figure is very detailed.

5)Plenty of optional pieces which you can use to suite your particular brand of OCD.

Con's

1) Not yamato's fault, but while fighter mode is sleek, it is also boring, perhaps the removable intake covers would have helped this?

2) Not entirely sure if the gunpod is supposed to be a gatling, but they could have put some barrel detail on the tip.

3)Not a fan of the shiny plastic, hopefully VF-19 F/S will be matte.

4)No tampo on the console

Overall, a fantastic valk and definitely a step up from the YF-19 (though I still love mine)

Tampo is as it should be as far as I'm concerned. It has the lightning flashes and that's all that was ever shown.

Personally, for the non-military Fire Valk, I want the toy how it appeared in the show, not covered in extraneous non-canon warning markings.

Graham

Graham has already said multiple times that they will be glossy, it's due to how the molds are textured and the F/S will share about what.....95% of the same parts so I doubt that Yamato will spend the money on entirely new molds.

Chris

Tampo is as it should be as far as I'm concerned. It has the lightning flashes and that's all that was ever shown.

Personally, for the non-military Fire Valk, I want the toy how it appeared in the show, not covered in extraneous non-canon warning markings.

Graham

the cockpit control panel could have been given a tampo print, or at the very least, a sticker.

the cockpit control panel could have been given a tampo print, or at the very least, a sticker.

True, I agree with that.

Graham

Con's

1) Not yamato's fault, but while fighter mode is sleek, it is also boring, perhaps the removable intake covers would have helped this?

2) Not entirely sure if the gunpod is supposed to be a gatling, but they could have put some barrel detail on the tip.

4)No tampo on the console

Overall, a fantastic valk and definitely a step up from the YF-19 (though I still love mine)

1) Personally, I prefer the sleek, streamlined somewhat minimalistic look of the VF-19Kai/F/S/P over the YF-19. Different strokes for different folks. I've always thought the VF-19Kai/F/S/P look much more advanced than the YF-19.

2) The gunpod (actually it's a Speaker Pod Launcher)fires large caliber speaker pods. It is a large bore single barrel weapon, not a gattling.

3) The VF-19F/S/P will all be gloss plastic. This can't be changed now, without great expense.

4) I will talk to Yamato about tampo for the consoles fpr future versions.

Graham

There may be a nice fix for those of us who want a dull version. While it would be difficult to paint over a transforming toy and keep the paint, a flat clearcoat may work extremely well here. I mean, sure, it'll rub off a little, but if you're not changing the color, you'll have to try really hard to see it.

I suppose you could also break the thing down and give all the main surfaces a light sandpapering, but that's a lot more work.

Personally the gloss doesn't bother me so much, since it is a showbird. For the later models, I'll be able to live with it, because this thing is just so beautiful. And, as bad as it might be to say, I hope this thing pans out the same way as the YF-21/VF-22 did.. very expensive first release, but the later repaints became fodder for huge discounts. If that happens, I'll probably buy half a dozen of the F/S/P/Whatever else they make.

I admit I am a little sad about the ball-jointed feet though, especially since that's my favorite method of displaying valks. I pull the feet out, and balance them on them in fighter mode, standing up. If those feet loosen up over time, I won't be able to keep them like that.

Different strokes for different folks.

Completely true. A bulked up VF-1 with Fast Packs is the essence of beauty in my eyes.

One thing I forgot to mention regarding the toy which I like is how the detailing on the wing root guns in battroid form actually makes them look like they could be guns, unlike on the YF-19 where they were smudgy circles with seams through them.

The eyes could have been jeweled if they made the faceplate out of green translucent plastic with red painted on. Perhaps they were concerned about colors matching?

When they do get around to making the S and F variants of the VF-19 will the Fast Packs be along the way, I saw they have the sound booster coming up for the Fire Valkyrie on their site. So it's possible that Fast Packs would be available for the S and F.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

There may be a nice fix for those of us who want a dull version. While it would be difficult to paint over a transforming toy and keep the paint, a flat clearcoat may work extremely well here. I mean, sure, it'll rub off a little, but if you're not changing the color, you'll have to try really hard to see it.

I suppose you could also break the thing down and give all the main surfaces a light sandpapering, but that's a lot more work.

Personally the gloss doesn't bother me so much, since it is a showbird. For the later models, I'll be able to live with it, because this thing is just so beautiful. And, as bad as it might be to say, I hope this thing pans out the same way as the YF-21/VF-22 did.. very expensive first release, but the later repaints became fodder for huge discounts. If that happens, I'll probably buy half a dozen of the F/S/P/Whatever else they make.

I admit I am a little sad about the ball-jointed feet though, especially since that's my favorite method of displaying valks. I pull the feet out, and balance them on them in fighter mode, standing up. If those feet loosen up over time, I won't be able to keep them like that.

Or if someone is brave enough to take it apart and sand out the glossiness and refinish it in matte. lol

I received my Fire Valkyrie last week and have only begun to fiddle with it. As awesome as it is, I was a bit let down by two things: 1) extremely tight hip joint (the one connected to the fuselage) that made it almost impossible to move the left hip assembly up in its battroid form and 2) loose ankle joints. I disassembled the hip assembly to see what I could do with what seemed to be a left frozen hip joint but I couldn't get to the screws that attaches the hip to the fuselage. So I just exerted brute force and managed to move it to its up position. The ankle joints can be tightened up via screws that hold the feet assembly together. They can be spotted when the feet assembly are in the fighter position (ie pointing down).

Despite these two flaws, I absolutely love it. I agree that this is Yamato's best effort to date. So many little engineering gimmicks that make it truly shine. Let's see if Bandai can do any better with the the new VF-29 (or was it YF-29?) Excuse the horrid camera shot:

post-7029-0-05020400-1306975307_thumb.jpg