Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

I usually wait for v2 and/or combos and have the inclination to wait to see if there's a Sound Booster combo, but I could live without it. How long till the first HLJ sale? :ph34r:

Updates on how people's Kais are holding up?

Mine no longer stays on the launch-arm stand in Fighter mode, which sucks. It's just too back-heavy, and so the whole body separates from the attachment piece. :wacko:

Not having a problem with mine on its stand, though I had to work it out and re-adjust the piviot joint to pull it off and lower the arm so that it does not fall back, had a few issues with falling back and almost breaking my VF-11B.

post-269-0-76337300-1308783920_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-75713100-1308783985_thumb.jpg

Here ya go. I removed the intakes on ther 19 and there's at least as deep an area as the 1/60 vf1. With slight retooling you could easily get a "halfway" decent turbine in there. I've just painted that area which is why it's black.

201106241756000.jpg

And I adapted the Bandai base to take the kai and the give the illusion of the Maxl fying off in the distance. Stupid YAMATO adapter won't hold though as Renato has pointed out.

201106241912000.jpg

Edited by Alex

So question, I believe I remember seeing some lineart somewhere a long time ago that show the sound booster can connect in fighter mode like a fastpack. Is that going to be possible? The hi-metal version didn't seem to try and do that.

So question, I believe I remember seeing some lineart somewhere a long time ago that show the sound booster can connect in fighter mode like a fastpack. Is that going to be possible? The hi-metal version didn't seem to try and do that.

Im thinking that the little collar flaps will need to be open and then the mounts will clip on into there to hold the booster in place.

Here ya go. I removed the intakes on ther 19 and there's at least as deep an area as the 1/60 vf1. With slight retooling you could easily get a "halfway" decent turbine in there. I've just painted that area which is why it's black.

To me this looks better than most of Yamato's removable intakes

Edited by Raptor One

The space argument always seemed a bit... lacking. It might not be as deep as the YF-19, but about the depth of the v2 VF-1 seems like it should be doable.

To me this looks better than most of Yamato's removable intakes

QFT. I leave my 11's covers on at all times b/c I think the turbine looks silly. I think that Alex's little mod looks more like the cartoon.

True. I think a retcon is in order. Rather than having the covers go all way up, the individual panels should just slant open, kinda like the VF1 Master File showed as an intermediary step (and IIRC was part of the VF-0 trans). The slants should be enough... why should the whole thing need to go all the way up?

Actually, i'm going to shave quite a bit off the back of the intake covers and see if I can get some kind of turbine detail in there. The covers themselves are very thick, unlike the vf1's.

Edited by Alex

Actually, i'm going to shave quite a bit off the back of the intake covers and see if I can get some kind of turbine detail in there. The covers themselves are very thick, unlike the vf1's.

So did you just pry it put with a screwdriver? Is it smooth or chunky underneath?

1/60 Sound Booster.

Coming August 2011.

MSRP of 8,610 yen.

Thanks to SpaceGundamV for the pics. ;)

Sooo, is it an MP3 player too, because that price is a bit high for just a piece of plastic.

1/60 Sound Booster.

Coming August 2011.

MSRP of 8,610 yen.

Thanks to SpaceGundamV for the pics. ;)

So it's been pushed to August as predicted. Any idea when this will show up in preorder lists?

P.S. does the Sound Booster ever gattai to the VF-19 in fighter mode in the show as shown in that pic? I only ever remember it being connected in battroid mode, maybe because that's how it is in the PSP games.

Edited by hulagu

So it's been pushed to August as predicted.

Yay. If only I could have won a Sound Booster just for guessing that right.

Anyway, it's great to see that it does attach in Fighter!! :) I've always liked the way that looks, and you can sort of do it with the Hi-Metal if you fiddle about with the stand attachments (I put up pics of it in the relevant thread).

Something that worries me is that there aren't any tampo details on the Sound Booster in all the production pics, though this could be just needless worrying. For those wondering, the missing details are the four lighting bolts on the two booms and the NUNS Logo on one wing.

Also, regarding the Fire Valk itself, one of the rear landing gear doors is loose and won't hold shut...