Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Those lightning thingies on the front of the Sound Boosters look like stickers. I'm really curious if they will be released as tampo printed already or if Yamato would follow the original photos they released and have them as separate stickers.

The "pollen" version will most likely be an online exclusive if it's released at all. Even then I think it would have to be a remold. I think I remember the single visor magically turning into two eyes when he gets, ahem, covered.

The "pollen" version will most likely be an online exclusive if it's released at all. Even then I think it would have to be a remold. I think I remember the single visor magically turning into two eyes when he gets, ahem, covered.

Basra's VF-19P gets Jizzed on by the space whale. 40 seconds in he the robot does something to it's own face with it's hand and suddenly the VF-19P has a VF-19Kai head. :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJUPvERKOuY

VF19P's visor (like the rest of the battroid) gets covered in whale's blood. Basara uses the hand to wipe clear two dots from the visor to be able to use the head camera again. Being Basara he doesn't clear the whole visor so voilà, now the VF19P has eyes. It's as simple as that.

I'd like a red colored 19P, but I guess it will be the normal version the one to hit the stores.

VF19P's visor (like the rest of the battroid) gets covered in whale's blood. Basara uses the hand to wipe clear two dots from the visor to be able to use the head camera again. Being Basara he doesn't clear the whole visor so voilà, now the VF19P has eyes. It's as simple as that.

I'd like a red colored 19P, but I guess it will be the normal version the one to hit the stores.

No if you look at the video he puts on a faceplate.

QFT

except that it also suddenly has a nose and mouth

vfcxtw.png

Please don't let this faceplate or whatever-happened-to-the-face-after-it-gets-jizzed-by-the-whale issue degenerate into another silly argument. :rolleyes:

Bottom line. The "clean" VF-19P should not come with any face, period.

Whether later down the road the red 19P gets an exclusive or gets a face or not, that is totally not a concern of mine. Totally do not care for it. ^_^

"Bottom line. The "clean" VF-19P should not come with any face, period."

"Whether later down the road the red 19P gets an exclusive or gets a face or not, that is totally not a concern of mine. Totally do not care for it." ^_^

I agree, I will only get the "clean" version myself. I already have a batteroid that has a face ;)

Just got my Fire Valk in the mail (three days sooner than Fedex said too).. and all I can say is wow. I had fun with this one.. cranked up some Fire Bomber in the background as I opened it up. ^_^

There is absolute genius that went into this design. I mean, just the sheer forethought that went into every stage of transformation, and how it all locks together in so many ways.. it's just amazing. The thing that really floored me though... all those joints that might loosen up? Most of them are readily accessible with a screwdriver. Things like the hip swivel, the wing root hinges, etc, nothing is hidden and glued like the YF-19 was.

I'm still a little concerned about the arm design, since it failed so miserably on my YF-19, but this one's holding sturdy so far. Also, I do like the variability the ball joints give.. but honestly, the foot mechanism feels overly complicated. It can move around so much, I had some difficulty getting the feet back inside because they didn't line up easily. Also, the ball joints actually don't offer as much forward to back movement as a ratchet I think. It's not bad by any means, it's just a bit less that you can move the feet.

Really though... I can't wait for the other variants. Yamato hit this one out of the park, and I can't wait for the F model.

Edited by Chronocidal

Just got my Fire Valk in the mail (three days sooner than Fedex said too).. and all I can say is wow.

There is absolute genius that went into this design. I mean, just the sheer forethought that went into every stage of transformation, and how it all locks together in so many ways.. it's just amazing. The thing that really floored me though... all those joints that might loosen up? Most of them are readily accessible with a screwdriver. Things like the hip swivel, the wing root hinges, etc, nothing is hidden and glued like the YF-19 was.

I'm still a little concerned about the arm design, since it failed so miserably on my YF-19, but this one's holding sturdy so far. Also, I do like the variability the ball joints give.. but honestly, the foot mechanism feels overly complicated. It can move around so much, I had some difficulty getting the feet back inside because they didn't line up easily. Also, the ball joints actually don't offer as much forward to back movement as a ratchet I think. It's not bad by any means, it's just a bit less that you can move the feet.

Really though... I can't wait for the other variants. Yamato hit this one out of the park, and I can't wait for the F model.

Don't force the ankle ball joint! You'll look at it and figure it can move around more but if you force it, you'll open up the socket and then the ankle joint will be incredibly loose.

No trouble there, I didn't push it at all. I just was surprised how little forward to back motion is available, while side to side has not only a ball joint, but a second pivot.. doesn't make much sense to me, as if the joint should have been mounted turned around 90 degrees so you can point the toes more. But I suppose without the upper thigh gerwalk joint having too big a range of motion, it's not a huge problem. Heck, this thing is so beautiful, I may never take it out of fighter anyway. It looks perfect sitting on the gear.

Mainly I'm just disappointed that my favorite display pose doesn't work on this one, since I'm not going to let it sit on the ball joints constantly. I display my others sitting on their feet in fighter mode, nose pointed straight up, but it's not going to hold up if I do it with this one.

Mainly I'm just disappointed that my favorite display pose doesn't work on this one, since I'm not going to let it sit on the ball joints constantly. I display my others sitting on their feet in fighter mode, nose pointed straight up, but it's not going to hold up if I do it with this one.

I've displayed mine as you say most of the time and the ball joints still are as tight as the first day, if I were you I wouldn’t be worried about it ^_^

No trouble there, I didn't push it at all. I just was surprised how little forward to back motion is available, while side to side has not only a ball joint, but a second pivot.. doesn't make much sense to me, as if the joint should have been mounted turned around 90 degrees so you can point the toes more. But I suppose without the upper thigh gerwalk joint having too big a range of motion, it's not a huge problem. Heck, this thing is so beautiful, I may never take it out of fighter anyway. It looks perfect sitting on the gear.

The ankle ball joint on the vf-19 is actually metal+plastic. The upper half of the ball and ball joint is plastic but the lower half is actually plastic which is pegged and glued onto the metal.

The problem with the joint happens when people force it forwards or backwards and the peg actually forces the socket to spread apart (the socket is made out of two halves that are screwed together). Doing this isn't enough to damage the socket but it is enough to open it up a tiny bit, causing severe looseness (it won't hold a pose).

So don't worry. If you don't stress the joint, it will last just fine.

Where would be the best place (price + shipping) to have one of these sent to the east coast USA? I've slaved like a crazy person building my school's new network this summer, and I think I may just reward myself with a Fire Valkyrie.

Where would be the best place (price + shipping) to have one of these sent to the east coast USA? I've slaved like a crazy person building my school's new network this summer, and I think I may just reward myself with a Fire Valkyrie.

AmiAmi and HLJ are the lowest prices in town.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1463&template=default/product/e_display.html

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00214

I can't believe that Yamato is giving out replacement pieces to fix the lights on the wings but not to fix the ankles. I question Yammer-toe's priorities on this one. Gimme ratcheted ankles. I couldn't care less about the switched lights.

Also, I know I already posted these in the "Pose" thread, But is there any chance that Yamato would be interested in doing some actual Basara figures. The options alone on the stage outfit would make a great figure.

-Regular outfit

-Space walk variation

-Boosted up version

201108060032000.jpg

201108041704000.jpg

201108041855000.jpg

201108041728000.jpg

I'd even take a Bandai version. I just want some official articulated Basara figure.

Edited by Alex

I can't believe that Yamato is giving out replacement pieces to fix the lights on the wings but not to fix the ankles. I question Yammer-toe's priorities on this one. Gimme ratcheted ankles. I couldn't care less about the switched lights.

Also, I know I already posted these in the "Pose" thread, But is there any chance that Yamato would be interested in doing some actual Basara figures. The options alone on the stage outfit would make a great figure.

-Regular outfit

-Space walk variation

-Boosted up version

By "boosted up version" I suppose you mean one with the Song Energy Convertor backpack thingy? Yeah, I'd go for that. We know that Yamato can do great poseable figures if they want to, because I heard and saw nothing but great things regarding the Votoms Chirico and Fyana figures.

Basara and Mylene rocking out together would look great.

"I can't believe that Yamato is giving out replacement pieces to fix the lights on the wings but not to fix the ankles. I question Yammer-toe's priorities on this one. Gimme ratcheted ankles. I couldn't care less about the switched lights."

Where can I get these parts?

the solution is to put a dot of Elmer's glue, nail polish, or something else on the ball or to tighten a screw (where possible).

placing a swatch of electricians tape around the top half of the ball tends to tighten up a ball joint very nicely.

for instance the ankle ball joints on my 1/35 PLUM AS-5E3 LEYNOS kit tended to be a bit sloppy, making the mecha slowly start

to lean forward at the ankles if left standing alone. i performed the mod on it's ankle joints, and now no more lean...

man, believe it or not, i'm actually REALLY beginning to desire this VF-19. but $300.00 is so far out of reason that it is ridiculous...

-Regular outfit

-Space walk variation

-Boosted up version

I'd even take a Bandai version. I just want some official articulated Basara figure.

Now THAT is an awesome custom Basara!

It's because flopped paint apps are a manufacturing problem, loose ball jointed ankles are a user competency problem.

By "boosted up version" I suppose you mean one with the Song Energy Convertor backpack thingy? Yeah, I'd go for that. We know that Yamato can do great poseable figures if they want to, because I heard and saw nothing but great things regarding the Votoms Chirico and Fyana figures.

Basara and Mylene rocking out together would look great.

Yep. And if they can make those, extremely well made figures for Votoms (which seemingly noone really cares about) then i'm sure they could justify a set for Mac7. Limited, online exclusives or not.

Actually, those Votoms figures were damn nice. I have the Chirico. May have to get the Fyana.

You know, I'm actually pretty confused about the feet on this thing.. are they even supposed to move forward to back? I mean.. I can probably get a good 60-70 degree arc of rotation side to side.. but I can't point the toe or heel at all. They just don't move. I get maybe 5-10 degrees of rotation there, and it just seems like the pieces aren't designed to rotate front to back at all.

Personally, it's not a huge issue, since I don't do a ton of battroid poses, and I love the fighter so much that it stays that way anyway (as will the blazers and P when I get them). But there just seems like there is something wrong with the way the feet on mine work.

Can anyone confirm this is the way the feet are supposed to work, or did I just get bad ankles?

You know, I'm actually pretty confused about the feet on this thing.. are they even supposed to move forward to back? I mean.. I can probably get a good 60-70 degree arc of rotation side to side.. but I can't point the toe or heel at all. They just don't move. I get maybe 5-10 degrees of rotation there, and it just seems like the pieces aren't designed to rotate front to back at all.

Personally, it's not a huge issue, since I don't do a ton of battroid poses, and I love the fighter so much that it stays that way anyway (as will the blazers and P when I get them). But there just seems like there is something wrong with the way the feet on mine work.

Can anyone confirm this is the way the feet are supposed to work, or did I just get bad ankles?

I hope not. That would really eff up all of my Gerwalk poses too.

Just received my VF-19 yesterday, what an amazing VALK.

I bought the YF-29 first and I'm generally happy with it, but the VF-19 is something else. Straight out of the box it feels SO solid, the YF-29 was not bad but its the little things like the sheild popping off and the need to be super careful with the paint.

Before I start a war let me just say I love both these Valks, and to be fair I have only had the 19 for about a day.

Again it's just that initial satisfaction with a well made collectable. Someone posted earlier the "WOW" factor - so true!!

I know alot of people held off due to the "FIRE VALKREY" paint scheme, having said that - when you pick up a 19 that better suits your tastes you will be blown away!!

That's the way they are. IF you *try* to move them back more you will open up the socket and make the joint incredibly loose... unable to stand upright loose.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got mine and I was really impressed by it. I love how everything was solid in each mode and the box' size was really practical. It's a good thing I saw it on a local hobby store since I wanted to get it on Amiami's sale price (only I couldn't because of the recent exchange rates).

The left ankle on mine gets a little loose on some angles but it's not really a problem in Battroid mode. After all, I don't like making too much outrageous poses with my Valks. I still could get used to posing Gerwalk, though, since I find it to easily lose balance due to the design of the Valk itself. I could make it stand, but I don't know if it can really hold an aggresive A-stance with the nose really pointing down with just a tiny space from the surface.

Nonetheless this is definitely my toy of the year. I love the Fire Valkyrie a lot and Yamato did the best to make me a satisfied fanboy.