Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

I just wanna do a mini survey here. Has anyone who had loosened their Fire Valkyrie ankles had problems with posing in Battroid?

By posing, I mean just regular, not-so outrageous poses.

And how do you actually repair it? I tried unscrewing and screwing back the two screws on the ankles and that's as far as I got.

It did, however, tighten the forward/upward motion of the foot which keeps on making Gerwalk do a nose dive.

I tried to tighten the screws on mine as well. It can now stand a nuetral battroid as well as a 90 degree GERWALK nose pose, but anything extreme in battroid and the legs (ankles) konk out on me. Same with any aggressive GERWALK poses, it just nosedives. At least it can stand in battroid now though....

Would appreciate if somebody could post some pics showing how far the ankles can be posed in gerwalk mode.

I like aggresive and wide a-stance gerwalk poses so I would like to know how good the VF-19 poses before any damage is done. I'm getting the VF-19 by the end of this month and don't want to stress the ankle joints!!

Some ankle articulation here.

You can check my photos of Gerwalk here.

That's already when I had the loose ankles, so others might pull off a better A-stance.

Thanks you for the pics!!

I guess I should be careful with the forward and back rotation. I see the VF-19 can achieve a wide a-stance but the lower legs can't bend much more than 90 degrees at the ankles right?

Yeah, the ankle really has limited up and down motion. It's annoying since a good ankle up-down motion is what you actually need to balance Gerwalk.

When you bend the knees, the weight will make the VF do a nose dive so you have to counter-balance it by pointing the feet down,

which will cause the loosening.

You can unbend the knees to balance it out without pointing the feet down, but then I don't think that's a very nice Gerwalk stance.

To me, a nice Gerwalk stance would require the legs split open to a certain angle and the nose pointing down.

I'm fine with the photos I took, though, and I won't care much with not being able to achieve an aggressive stance since it's either Fighter or Battroid for me as far as the 19 is concerned.

At least I already got the photos I need to showcase it in all three modes. All that's left is to get the Sound Boosters and reshoot in Fighter and Battroid mode.

I guess I should be happy that the Kai doesn't equip the Boosters in Gerwalk otherwise that'd be a bigger headache with the loose ankles.

Edited by kamadoma

Okay, I just got Sound Boosters too! They're absolutely magnificent. They totally add a whole new appeal to the Fire Valkyrie in Battroid and it snaps on just right in Fighter.

This is the only shot I got of Battroid, then I transformed back into Fighter and attached the Sound Boosters on it (since I'm a Fighter mode junkie).

th_IMG_8949.jpg th_IMG_8946.jpg

Now I've got a question here to Sound Booster owners. How do you exactly remove the Fighter mode adapter from the Sound Boosters itself?

I'm pretty sure the clamp on the back of the Sound Boosters is what I have to move to get it out (since those two smaller tabs underneath are impossible to reach even with nails), but I can't seem to get it out. Is there another way of removing it or am I not just using enough force?

Now I've got a question here to Sound Booster owners. How do you exactly remove the Fighter mode adapter from the Sound Boosters itself?

I mentioned this in my quick review of the boosters. DO NOT try and remove the back clip first. Use the "wings" of the connector piece to lever out the front tabs. Don't try and mount the stand adapter if you don't want scratches because I have no idea how to get that one off cleanly.

Thanks. I managed to get it out now. It's a bit scary to use the "wings" of the connector to do that, but I guess it won't break unless I use excessive force.

Anyone has the Sound Boosters sliding a bit on the Fighter mode attachment? Mine does, but it's just a very, very tiny bit. I already tried fiddling around and I guess that's as solid as it gets.

Edited by kamadoma

Same on mine. Thought it seems more solid if I snap in the left side first before snapping the right side in.

Given it's a last minute addition, It's really acceptable. At least we get Fighter mode to have the SB's in.

It's a nice solid connection, but I won't dare try to handle it by the SB's like I do (sometimes) on my VF-1's fast packs.

After checking out that photo I just posted,

I kind of realized that the Battroid can already look well without the leg covers on the back.

Edited by kamadoma

Anyone figure out if there was another way to use the yamato stands without being unstable?

Unfortunately there is no way to do it. I tried with mine and it flopped down, and I had the screw in tight when I last adjusted it for the Fire Valkyrie. It's just that the boosters adds more weight to an already heavy toy, and they are as light as a feather. At least when you pick it up.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

My VF-19kai has been on my black launch arm stand ever since I got it with and without the sound booster... seems to hold its position, though with the sound booster it has to be more of a vertical position otherwise without I can have it in some more extreme angled positions with no problems.

The black stand is the best for heavier Valks since it has a matte finish that doesn't slip while the gray, blue and chrome ones are best for lighter Valks because its smooth and is prone to slippage with heavier loads.

Mine on Battroid with Sound Boosters needs to do some balancing on the gait of the legs and some thigh twists but it still holds up pretty well.

Anyway, mine's on Fighter and I plan to get another one if ever I'd do a Battroid mode for display

(and not try to "explore" on the posability so the ankles stay tight).

Does the Yamato Mighty Block stand hold this one well in Battroid with the Sound Boosters?

Or is the stand too short that straightening the Battroid's legs would still have the feet touching the base?

I don't own one of those stands myself but I wonder whether they are even strong enough to hold so much weight…

lol, speaker pod gamma was gigantic. It would be like two 2-liter bottles stacked on top of each other, wouldn't it?

Love the pics, Reïvaj. I don't really want the Sound Booster, but I do really want that pilot. Reminds me that I also want another VF-11B Isamu since it fits in the YF-19FP so much better than it's pilot. And I also want a TV Hikaru to switch into my TV Roy now and then, too but don't want all those extra valkyries. Wish Yamato would offer a pilot pack. They could throw in some standing figs, too.