Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

This will be fun to get. Out of curiosity, does it just come with the sound booster, or does it have any extra gimmicks, like that Mylene figure that was seen in the background of the pic of the unpainted 1J, 1S, and 1A?

This will be fun to get. Out of curiosity, does it just come with the sound booster, or does it have any extra gimmicks, like that Mylene figure that was seen in the background of the pic of the unpainted 1J, 1S, and 1A?

It should include a Basara figure, shouldn't it? The Mylene one was in the background of the VF-19P, though I don't know which toy it's going to come with...

post-12283-0-88349200-1314678459_thumb.jpg

In all honesty, i'm a little let-down by the Sound-Boosters. I understand why it was priced at around 10,000yen but it still feels like i've paid a lot for very little.

It's annoying that the pistons which lower/raise the top covers are not actually working pistons. Big cheat. The inclusion of the teeny Basara figure was nice but they could have put a few extras in there. Maybe some pin-point barrier add-ons for the Kai.

Already looking at speakers that might work in this thing. Problem is it's all glued together.

In all honesty, i'm a little let-down by the Sound-Boosters. I understand why it was priced at around 10,000yen but it still feels like i've paid a lot for very little.

It's annoying that the pistons which lower/raise the top covers are not actually working pistons. Big cheat. The inclusion of the teeny Basara figure was nice but they could have put a few extras in there. Maybe some pin-point barrier add-ons for the Kai.

Already looking at speakers that might work in this thing. Problem is it's all glued together.

Personally, I love the sound booster,. It's nice and big, larger than I expected to be honest and has loads of mechanical detail and the fit and finish is excellent. Worth eveery penny if you ask me.

I don't think Alex should buy Macross toys anymore, anyway, as his acid extruding fingertips will probably destroy even the sturdiest of toys in short order :p

Graham

Personally, I love the sound booster,. It's nice and big, larger than I expected to be honest and has loads of mechanical detail and the fit and finish is excellent. Worth eveery penny if you ask me.

I don't think Alex should buy Macross toys anymore, anyway, as his acid extruding fingertips will probably destroy even the sturdiest of toys in short order :p

Graham

Y'know, after spending a little time with it last night I actually like it a lot more. I still think there are areas which could be better.

And as for the acid-excreting fingers, I wear gloves when I handle my valks now.

ha ha ha :lol: ....... :o HEY WHAT A MINUTE. :o Just how'd did you get yours first I just got confirmation from Ami Ami that it is ready and sent off payment on Monday and they just shipped it off today.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Here's some quick fighter mode pics I snapped this this morning with my phone camera.

The Sound Booster attaches very securely in fighter mode, no problem doing barrrek rolls and looks great as well in my opinion.

Hmm........just noticed one of the top blue covers on the sound booster wasn't closed all the way. That's my fault not the toys, they close and fit very well.

Graham

Ohhhh Graham I am Droooling can't wait to get mine hopefully by next week, they just shipped it today.

OMG! I just had the fastest shipping times ever from Japan.

I ordered the sound booster from Amiami,they shipped it on the 30th and it is in my hands today.

Customs did not hold it long at all either.

Tracking

Nice! That's one day faster then I've been able to get it from Japan to Albuquerque.

Wicked.

You should see the new one i'm working on. Speaking of new projects.....

WORKING SOUNDBOOSTERS, BABY!!!

201109011714000.jpg

201109011715000.jpg

201109030000000.jpg

The new speakers are not exactly anime-accurate but I actually prefer them. They sit further forward than the originals but the shell still closes soundly.

You can see the mini-jack hidden in the thrusters. There'll be one on the other side as each pod houses its own speaker. Just didn't want wires exposed. Means I use a split cable when I plug them in.

You should see the new one i'm working on. Speaking of new projects.....

The new speakers are not exactly anime-accurate but I actually prefer them. They sit further forward than the originals but the shell still closes soundly.

You can see the mini-jack hidden in the thrusters. There'll be one on the other side as each pod houses its own speaker. Just didn't want wires exposed. Means I use a split cable when I plug them in.

Looking great!! You should post a how to for the people that want to mod theirs ;)

Attention attention; get your custom built Yamato Sound Booster here, jut talk to Alex and he'll set you for a low price. :D

Attention, attention...I keel you now! :D

All joking aside, I really hope I don't get inundated with PMs for custom speakers I don't intend on making :(

Edited by Alex

Attention, attention...I keel you now! :D

All joking aside, I really hope I don't get inundated with PMs for custom speakers I don't intend on making :(

But it would be good if you could post a detailed step by step guide with (in-focus) photos :p, showing how it's done.

Graham

But it would be good if you could post a detailed step by step guide with (in-focus) photos :p, showing how it's done.

Graham

Planning on getting around to that soon. It's very Heath Robinsoned though. The most nerve-wracking part was prying open the boosters as they don't easily disassemble.

Is the "focus" remark a comment on my photographic skills? :p

Edit-the mod does require cutting into and drilling holes in an already expensive toy. Just a bit of warning.

Edited by Alex

Ugh. Now that I'm finally in the market for a Fire Valkyrie, I can't find one in stock. HLJ is on backorder, Amiami is on backorder, and most other places are marking them up a decent bit. Any suggestions?

Just came in today, so far i love it it makes the fire valkyrie look cooler. the one thing that bugged me was the way you have to get the 3 pegs to come out for attaching to battroid mode, also the sound booster makes it heavier so a lot more stress on the thigh joints. but dont let that keep you from buying it because it is an awsome addition.

post-623-0-63141100-1315088095_thumb.jpg

Just came in today, so far i love it it makes the fire valkyrie look cooler. the one thing that bugged me was the way you have to get the 3 pegs to come out for attaching to battroid mode, also the sound booster makes it heavier so a lot more stress on the thigh joints. but dont let that keep you from buying it because it is an awsome addition.

That looks totally badass!

I think they really weren't meant to be attached in Fighter mode.

It was shown in the show though at least one time that I am sure of.

Has anybody tried attaching them in Gerwalk?

I dont think it can be attached in gerwalk due to how it mounts to the back.

Has anyone figure out why they have you pull the 2 grey tab pieces in the shoulder area down?

Mine just kinda float there without any purpose as far as I can tell.

Edited by Loop