Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Just came in today, so far i love it it makes the fire valkyrie look cooler. the one thing that bugged me was the way you have to get the 3 pegs to come out for attaching to battroid mode, also the sound booster makes it heavier so a lot more stress on the thigh joints. but dont let that keep you from buying it because it is an awsome addition.

Never been a fan of the fire valk, but after looking at that picture with the sound booster attached...wow. That is just crazy wicked! Makes me want to get one now!

Shameless plug: For those guys wanting one, I'm trading my vf-19 away. Check out the for sale and trade section. I don't want to lowball anyone, so I have some really good options available for those interested. "Option 4" in terms of money, gets you the fig for nearly half off (it will make more sense if you check out the thread.

Just letting you guys know, especially those that may not have the funds for a vf-19 at full price!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to steal your sale thunder Archer, but those that do want to pay full price will get another chance in December according to Amiami

I hadn't thought it'd sold well enough to warrant a second run (never saw it go out of stock on Amazon Japan) but i guess it did!

Edited by kurdt_the_goat

Not to steal your sale thunder Archer, but those that do want to pay full price will get another chance in December according to Amiami

I hadn't thought it'd sold well enough to warrant a second run (never saw it go out of stock on Amazon Japan) but i guess it did!

Oh, lol, don't worry about it. I sold it already a week ago :D

well, i've had a few days now really get the feel of the old 1/60 YF-19 ver.I, and, after all the necessary prerequisite corrections

to fix it's major bugs are done, as was done on my copy by the previous owner, i have to assert that it truly isn't a bad iteration

of the valk at all.

yes, it is dated compared to this new standard in 19-series chassis design, no question about it, but it's really not nearly as inferior as one might think,

at least to my seemingly unspoiled eye, and certainly well worth it, for the immense savings in price between it and the new modern reference.

so long as those known problem areas in the arms hold out-

-and i think that mine will, as i am VERY gentle in manipulating them during transformations,

and they have yet to show any hint of flaws in integrity, even after over a dozen transformations-

-then i think i'll have a solid winner here, that will effectively take the sting out of the likelyhood

that i'll likely never be in a position, at least for the foreseeable not-too-distant future to be able to blow $300+ on a Yammie Valk.

perhaps, in a few years, half a decade or more from now, perhaps, i might be able to get a VF-19F/S,

or a 1/60ver.II YF-19 that MAY or MAY NOT be soon seeing the light of day, second-hand or something, for a much more reasonable price than $300 or more dollars.

until then, however, i think this old 1/60v.I will fill my needs surprisingly well...

I just got my hands on this toy (thanks Archer!) and finished transforming it for the 1st time. I'm not much a fire valk fan, but this has got to be the BEST yamato valk ever constructed. It just feels so solid in my hands and sturdy! There's quite a bit of heft on this bad boy and it's super well constructed. I'm really amazed at the engineering that went into the toy to get it to fit seamlessly in fighter mode and still have bulk and mobility in battroid!

Maybe this has all been said before, but it's definitely made me a believer of this mold and i wouldn't hesitate getting any other future releases of this mold. It's just a solid win!

As much as i hate to admit, i'm on the bandwagon now to hoping the YF-19 from Mac Plus gets an update like this!!

Does anyone know if the 2nd production run of the VF-19F Kai will have all the corrections/fixes from the upcoming VF-19S Blazer release? I think it was mentioned that the 19S has better ankle joints and reinforced gerwalk tabs. I might want a fire valk down the road but not with the flaws of the first release

Edited by Valkyrie23

Does anyone know if the 2nd production run of the VF-19F Kai will have all the corrections/fixes from the upcoming VF-19S Blazer release? I think it was mentioned that the 19S has better ankle joints and reinforced gerwalk tabs. I might want a fire valk down the road but not with the flaws of the first release

I bet Yamato will address the ankle joints issue, but reinforced gerwalk tabs? I didn’t know there was a problem there… :huh:

I bet Yamato will address the ankle joints issue, but reinforced gerwalk tabs? I didn’t know there was a problem there… :huh:

I should've phrased it better. I meant the thin tab behind the knee/thigh joint that is exposed when in Gerwalk mode. Here's a better pic from anymoon's site. I remember reading somewhere that this tab would be reinforced with the 19S variant.

Yamato-VF-19Kai-7.jpg

I should've phrased it better. I meant the thin tab behind the knee/thigh joint that is exposed when in Gerwalk mode. Here's a better pic from anymoon's site. I remember reading somewhere that this tab would be reinforced with the 19S variant.

Oh, I see. Yes, they said they will, so I expect the same for the 2nd run of the Kai.

Luckily enough, I haven't had any problem with mine so far.

Edited by Reïvaj

Yes it is an entirely new mold from the ground up. The YF-19 and VF-19 have completely different parts though they are similar. The transformation is different, and everything is more accurate including the fat looking battroid from a slim fighter.

Possibly, but he knew enough to know that the YF-19 came out in 2006, so I'd have to assume that he knows what the YF-19 toy looks like as well. A cursory glance at pictures of the two show a world of difference. Perhaps I've been on too many Internet sites and forums that I start suspecting people of trying to troll for reactions and responses. If that was a sincere question, I apologize.

Possibly, but he knew enough to know that the YF-19 came out in 2006, so I'd have to assume that he knows what the YF-19 toy looks like as well. A cursory glance at pictures of the two show a world of difference. Perhaps I've been on too many Internet sites and forums that I start suspecting people of trying to troll for reactions and responses. If that was a sincere question, I apologize.

He’s been asking that kind of questions in almost every single thread around so I don’t blame you for suspecting the guy of trying to troll…

I came. The pilot looks awesome.

That looks awesome... but sooo shiny. I'm definitely gonna cover that sucker in a flat or semi-gloss coat when I get mine. Looks way glossier than Bandai's latest VF-25 release.

I've been wanting to see how these look with a flat coat. Looking forward to your pics

Edited by Raptor One

That looks awesome... but sooo shiny. I'm definitely gonna cover that sucker in a flat or semi-gloss coat when I get mine. Looks way glossier than Bandai's latest VF-25 release.

I think it looks way glossier because Yamato uses way better plastic and molds. Looking forward to seeing your semi-gloss coated version!

Just a question. Is it possible to have the Fire Valk in Battroid mode with Sound Boosters on a Yamato Mighty Block stand?

I mean, will the legs of the bot clear the surface at all given the short stand? Or is it recommended to use the regular Yamato Valkyrie stand for a mid-air pose?