Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

When Renato compared the Fire Valky to the VF-22S I was amazed/shocked, because. I like the 22 and if the Fire Valk is that much better, that's #$%&*(ing amazing in my book.

Seriously, if you hold one in each hand, you would never believe they were made by the same company. ^_^

And I'm not knocking the 22, I love it. But this is just a whole other level. The 22 has all these little fit issues which are unthinkable on the 19 if you even just take a glance at it.

I agree with Renato, with the VF-19Kai, Yamato have taken things to a whole new level.

Graham

+1 I just transformed mine for the first time tonight. Love it, even though these are not my favorite colors in the world.

What could I do though, had to add Basara to my Mac7 collection. :D Can't wait for the other versions to release.

Oh, and I used the video from Yamato for the Gerwalk joint and did not have breakage. I was really careful.

Also for anyone complaining about the extra parts :p it is not an issue at all. I actually like how they gave us a centered shield, and maintained anime accuracy in the rear of the plane with the other shield. On the YF-19 it was either too high or too low on the arm.

I also appreciate the the neck and thigh covers, makes the it look more sleek.

Edited by Loop

Seriously, if you hold one in each hand, you would never believe they were made by the same company. ^_^

And I'm not knocking the 22, I love it. But this is just a whole other level. The 22 has all these little fit issues which are unthinkable on the 19 if you even just take a glance at it.

Wish they would do a new version of the 22 or 21 sometime in the future then, I can never get behind kai's colors unfortunately, even at 50% off. Guess design matters more to me than the toy.

One of the things I like so much about this is how easy it is to transform back to fighter mode.

The arms stow away much more cleanly without the funky swivel bicep/elbow design of the yf-19 and because there are so many tabs, you're not constantly fighting the legs flopping down or what not as you try to get everything lined up.

I have to agree with Renato and Graham, this truly is the next step for Yamato.

Yeah, the box is horrible as ever. At least it's not a freaking enormous black hole vacuum of nothingness like the first-issue YF-19's. I had to throw that one away, and I usually keep everything.

Yeah, the box is horrible as ever. At least it's not a freaking enormous black hole vacuum of nothingness like the first-issue YF-19's. I had to throw that one away, and I usually keep everything.

I actually like the box! On the web i didn't think much of it, but in person i think it's pretty striking, whereas i usually think they're quite dull.

Is there any reason why there's no cockpit sticker? I don't remember if it had one in the cartoon or not.

Just be careful of the shoulder flaps, I had mine pop off trying to move the right shoulder due to the tightness of the joint after I had transformed it into Gerwalk mode. It seems it is made just like the flaps on the 1/48 wings, it can be placed back on. it's not connected to a rod so no need to panic

I'm jealous of how much better this is than my YF-19. I really wished that the technology that was in this would lead to a rerelease of the original with improvements and also a VF-19F/S and VF-19A Ravens.

I remember when the YF-19 came out, someone said that the VF-19s could not be done whereas I said that it could. Look at where we are now. Amazing.,

I just transformed mine from F to G. I really must thank all of you who posted videos of the transformation. It was really easy to transform once I knew what to twist and what to be careful of. I think Yamato should include links to transformation videos on their website in all their instruction manuals from now on. They are a big help.

you have total control over how far out you pull the ankles, there are several potential lengths. If you're not going for a crazy pose you can have the ankles recessed so they don't look spindly. For gerwalk and more dynamic poses you'd go bigger. I think I had the feet on mine recessed for the line art comparison.

thanks man, guess i'm going to have to order it now.

Recieved my vf-19 today and transformed it for the first time. Thanks for the video VF5SS, very helpful. I have to say that this toy is pure perfection. Yamato really did pour alot of love into this release because it really shows. I wish that they go back and rerelease the Y-19, because Isamu definately demands a fighter as awesome as Basara's.

I haven't watched a ton of Mac 7, is there a resource that shows where alot of the stickers shoudl go? I'm really anal about putting stickers on my toys and would like to see a diagram. Once again, great Job Yamato!!! Their best toy to date.

just put the no step stickers on the wings,and the pilots' name on the canopy. That is all that it need, as there were no other markings on the Kai with the exception of that bolt on the side which has already be painted on. The one thing they did not add to the sticker sheet was a sticker for the control panel. Butif you want to make it unique the balls in your court. B))

I haven't watched a ton of Mac 7, is there a resource that shows where alot of the stickers shoudl go? I'm really anal about putting stickers on my toys and would like to see a diagram. Once again, great Job Yamato!!! Their best toy to date.

There's a top and side cut-away in the VF-19 Master File book that shows where a few things go.

100_0771.jpg

Damn, that's a great pic. Really shows off the front profile well.

I have to re-iterate my disapproval of Yamato's choice to replace the traditional ratchet joints in the ankles with die-cast ball joints.

The ankles are getting looser now on mine and others' too.

I really don't want this thing to become a floppy mess like the Bandais.

I have to re-iterate my disapproval of Yamato's choice to replace the traditional ratchet joints in the ankles with die-cast ball joints.

ouch!

didja tell them yamato-toys people about it?

what's their reply?

Received mine yesterday, and it's awesome!! You can pose it in an infinite way!!

One small complaint... Left side of the head fin came in this state, could someone (Graham, you are more than welcome) confirm that Sticker Number 56 can bu used as a left side head fin sticker?

2ypdite.jpg

And yes, super fast photo for testing with 1/8 scale guitar (Proper guitar strap building is in progress)

xlmcna.jpg

f003fca8.jpg

Sorry for crappy cellphone photo

Edited by charger69

Agreed. I totally had missed the step where the legs swivel out and up going to Battroid mode I think.

That is the area where Yamato did the magic for the balance of appearance in B mode, pretty much like the V2 VF-1 where you need to push up the entire fuselage to shorten the gap between the thigh and chest plate.

Received mine yesterday, and it's awesome!! You can pose it in an infinite way!!

One small complaint... Left side of the head fin came in this state, could someone (Graham, you are more than welcome) confirm that Sticker Number 56 can bu used as a left side head fin sticker?

2ypdite.jpg

And yes, super fast photo for testing with 1/8 scale guitar (Proper guitar strap building is in progress)

xlmcna.jpg

f003fca8.jpg

Sorry for crappy cellphone photo

Now that's amusing. Just where did you get tat guitar from? Plus I finally got it transformed to Battroid mode, totaly solid, I even got it in its trademark pose, now if only they included some fixedpose hands like they did with the V2 VF-1.

There's a top and side cut-away in the VF-19 Master File book that shows where a few things go.

Damn, that's a great pic. Really shows off the front profile well.

Thanks. Looking at it now kinda reminds me of the opening scene in Macross Digital mission VFX 2 video game

get my vf-19 custom yestoday, too much surprises for me, I think it the most perfect VF toy for now, here are some compare pics with yf-19

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01001.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

and more

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

I love it, looking forward vf-19s and vf-19f of emerald squad

Same here. My Kai is having problems standing. It's falling over far to frequently for my liking. One of the things I hate, ball-jointed ankles, and it winds up on the Kai. Wish they had used ratchets.