Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

One of my chest commons also came off after about 3 transformations. No biggie, just add a dab of super glue and slide it back into the metal rod. Problem solved in 30 seconds.

Anyway, I've already informed Yamato last week, that for the next release, they should make sure the factory firmly house the chest cannons in place. Of course whether they take my advice is another suggestion entirely.

Graham

The only complaint I have about this thing is that it took so long to finally get one.

It's hard and painful work lavishing 15 years worth of pent up love on such a sharp and pointy toy.

Ouch. -_-

Haha! I laughed out loud when I read your post.

Graham

Graham any word on the D? I'm ready for a 17 but the S head is too herp-derp for me, if Yamato releases the next 17 the same way they released the two 19's then maybe we'll get an announcement in what, the next month and a half or so?

Graham any word on the D? I'm ready for a 17 but the S head is too herp-derp for me, if Yamato releases the next 17 the same way they released the two 19's then maybe we'll get an announcement in what, the next month and a half or so?

If you want a D, be prepared to wait near the end of the year. There are reasons for this, I just can't say what they are .

Graham

If you want a D, be prepared to wait near the end of the year. There are reasons for this, I just can't say what they are .

Graham

Thanks Graham, its good to know how much time I have to set aside some funds...it will be interesting to see what else Yamato and Bandai have up their sleeves for 2012, I think its going to be a massive (insert - expensive) year!!

Bring on the VALKS!

ahh!

so Bandai got first dibs coz they're planning a VF-171 release this year that's got a D-head, eh?

:lol:

My thoughts exactly! Doesn't matter - I'll get a VF-171 and a VF-17D!

vf-17d-teal-battroid.gifvf-171-battroid.gif

Hmmm..... I see how that would not be a smart move for Yamato to release at a similar time to Bandai - which means we might get a 171 sooner rather than later! :D :D :D

Graham

is it so that they can resolve this urgent unsticky glue issue that has plagued the vf-19 and now the vf-17??? For three hundred bucks, I demand that they use sticky glue and not this non-glue!

No it's beacuse Yamato have been told to hold off on releasing further Mac 7 toys to coincide with the release later this year of a non-Yamato Macross 7 product.

Probably Macross 7 Blu-Ray Box, a few months after the SDF Macross BD set.

Nope, nothing toy related unfortunately.

This post and my last one will self-destruct in 30 minutes.........LOL.

Graham

well, since it's non-yamato and considering this "thing" went for $2600 (201,000 yen) at auction-end, may be it'll be an ultra-exclusive Mylene hugging-pillow complete with her verified-used fire-bomber leotards.

:wacko:

oy, vey...

way to delay the 17D...

Edited by treatment

It's the basara guitar. The ozma helmet is out already.

The Basara guitar is released through Yamato tho. Non-toy could mean a figure collection or DVD/Blu-ray box set... guessing

I'm actually really looking forward to release of the red Milia VF-17S. Not as much as the VF-17D, but still very excited for it.

Graham

Had a Milia VF-17S been confirmed? Interesting... :unsure:

You'd be surprised with the S head. I wasn't so into it from online pics but it really does look good in person. Id even consider buying 2 of these things (which I don't do) if I wasn't waiting for the renewal ozma to come out soon.

Hmmm, so we know that there is the 19f and P coming at some point this year along with the 17D and the VF-4. I wonder what else's in store for us. If the Mac 7 stuff is being pushed back till later in the year, will there be anything coming sooner? Assuming the VF-4 will probably be the end of the year as well. Would kind of suck to have all of those releases in a relatively short period of time.

Chris

If there are serious QC/glue issues with the toy, perhaps they are changing factories? Hopefully they will reissue the 17S and 19S (at a lower price point I hope) considering both are sold out most everywhere.

If there are serious QC/glue issues with the toy, perhaps they are changing factories? Hopefully they will reissue the 17S and 19S (at a lower price point I hope) considering both are sold out most everywhere.

There are no serious QC issues with the toy. There are a couple of peices on a couple of toys so far that have come unglued, but can easily and quickly be glued back on.

Yamato will definitely not be changing factory. This is the factory that made the VF-19. It took Yamato years to find a factory with this good a technical capability. No way they are changing

Graham

Yamato will definitely not be changing factory. This is the factory that made the VF-19. It took Yamato years to find a factory with this good a technical capability. No way they are changing

Graham

Definetely no need for a factory change! This factory gave us two beautiful VF-19s and an awesome VF-17S!