Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Definetely no need for a factory change! This factory gave us two beautiful VF-19s and an awesome VF-17S!

Exactly. I don't mind paying for quality.

My 17 just shipped! YEAH BABY!

I also experienced the seat and seat base coming unglued last night, when opening the canopy in fighter mode. This is beacuse the canopy hinge and also the sliding pillar that the canopy is connected to is quite tight, so that when you are trying to open the canopy and pull it up, the canopy support pillar is basically pulling up (exerting force) on the seat base and the small dab of glue used by the factory to hold the seat base in place may in many toys be insufficient to keep the seat base in place.

Anyway, if the seat and seat base comes loose, nothing breaks and it's just a simple 1 minute fix of adding more superglue to secure those parts in place.

Just make sure you don't get any super glue on the sliding canopy pillar, or you may glue it in place and not be able to open or close the canopy.

Graham

Opening the canopy, and trying to pull the feet out and those wings the front landing gear doors, extremely sharp, ouch!!! Why did they have to make it like I was holding a plastic kunai. I can imaing if someone was trying to kill me I'd throw the thing at them. Newsflash on NBC 10 intruder dies by Valkyrie, news at eleven. Any way got to trim the kite logos and add some decals to the Nightmare. I Even manage to transform it to Gerwalk mode with out any problems, There some things I ould like to point out with, nothing major. It's when I opend the rear landing gear bay there was this tab, when I pulled on it with the help of some tweezers, a slot on the leg opened up. what is that for?

VF-17SDiamondForce14.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce15.jpg

This ones for you Golden Arms

VF-17SDiamondForce25.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce26.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce27.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce28.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce30.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce37.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce38.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

It's when I opend the rear landing gear bay there was this tab, when I pulled on it with the help of some tweezers, a slot on the leg opened up. what is that for?

That slot is for attaching the Super Packs to the legs in battroid mode.

Graham

It's heavenly times for Macross!

May 2011 VF-19 Kai

October 2011 VF-25F

November 2011 VF-19S

December 2011 VF-17S

January 2012 VF-25S

April 2012 VF-25F and VF-25S Super Parts Sets

July 2012 VF-25F and VF-25S Armor Parts Sets

TBD 2012 VF-4G (Design Stage)

Edited by charger69

As much as I'd love to apply the decals on, it looks horrible!! Looks like it about to peel off or the person applying is not putting enough pressure thoroughly?!

Maybe Yamato should have tampo a few major ones like the previous Macross figures!

As much as I'd love to apply the decals on, it looks horrible!! Looks like it about to peel off or the person applying is not putting enough pressure thoroughly?!

Maybe Yamato should have tampo a few major ones like the previous Macross figures!

Well I tried my best to, but I made some mistakes whem applying them that I had to peel them off. It would help if they had added a sticker placement page in their manual like they did in the past, but I guess that cost money to do that and would most likely add up the cost of the17. And I agree with you 100% that they sould have tampo printed the decals on saving us the trouble of haveing to do it ourselves. But thanks for the complements everyone I am currently working on the transformation from Gerwalk to battroid pics I will have them posted soon.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Is there any reason why the kites at least weren't tampo printed on the valk? :blink:

Graham said some pages back, that the lead designer did not like the markings on the valk so decided they should be left off. :(

I really do still like the toy, but was disapointed myself when i first took it out of the box.

Edited by Loop

Graham said some pages back, that the lead designer did not like the markings on the valk so decided they should be left off. :(

I really do still like the toy, but was disapointed myself when i first took it out of the box.

Thanks, I missed it part by Graham.

So the lead designer prefered it plain, or just didn't like the end result of printing?

At that price along with the standard set with the V2 VF1, the Kites are expected to be printed.

So does this mean it's going to be the new standard of no more printing on future Valks?

I'm personally happy there are no markings. I think it looks better stripped and never really cared for the placement of the kites on the lineart either. I've since looked up a lot of markings for real world stealth craft and tried out a few things but really haven't found anything I think really looks that appealing. Things that might look good in Fighter look like awful forearm/shoulder tatoos in Battroid. The way the surfaces are used on this one makes the use of decals really awkward. I'd be intersted to see what others have come up with.

I don't get it!??? If this is supposed to be a stealth bomber likeness then what is the point of the yellow stripes as it just gives away that visibility. That said, I still think the lead designer should at least tampo the major ones like the Macross symbol.

In the end, the buyer should be the one dictating, not the lead designer

The lead designer probably agrees with your statement and that’s why Yamato offers lots of different options in the sticker sheet for YOU to choose among them –including the alternative of not to use any of them.

But again, I have to say that stickers or decals look no where as clean or professional as Tampo printing. And they are a hassle to put on and align without some skill and patience.

Besides, it's not like Tampo printing can't be rubbed off or painted over.

I don't get it!??? If this is supposed to be a stealth bomber likeness then what is the point of the yellow stripes as it just gives away that visibility. That said, I still think the lead designer should at least tampo the major ones like the Macross symbol.

In the end, the buyer should be the one dictating, not the lead designer

The VF-17 is NOT a 'Stealth Bomber. It's classified as a 'Special Operations Fighter & Heavy Battroid'.

While it's true the yellow stripes may degrade visual stealth and make it slightly easier to see with the MK I eyeball at visual ranges, they would not effect radar stealth or IR stealth.

Graham

Only if some idiot at the paint shop thought that metal flakes in the paint would be a good idea, but even then, I don't think it would affect stealth too much. Still, dispite the pointyness of the design (and the fact that I've stabbed myself several times with this thing), I love it!

But again, I have to say that stickers or decals look no where as clean or professional as Tampo printing. And they are a hassle to put on and align without some skill and patience.

Besides, it's not like Tampo printing can't be rubbed off or painted over.

The options are still there. If you think you’re skillful enough as to rub off Tampo printing or painting over it then putting on and aligning some stickers shouldn’t be such a big problem ;)

Of course, Tampo printing looks much better than decals or stickers and canon markings are canon markings, but I guess they thought some people would prefer this valk markingless and that putting some stickers on is less potentially harmfull to the toy than rubbing and painting over.

Personally, I don’t care that much. I like this toy as is and don’t think I’ll be adding any markings on it.

I'm not a fan of the bulky vf 17..so i'm not buying one... but if the trend of not using tampo marking continue to the coming vf 4.. i'm thingking to print a water slide decal.. i know it's a lot more annoying to place than the sticker... but at least.. it look more better than ordinary sticker.. and it's not to hard to produce

Edited by valid

Once again I wouldn't call it a trend as it was only done on one valk. Just saying. I know this is macrossworld which means we are quick to jump to conclusions i still believe overall Yamato is not going to stop with tampo printing.

If they offer us the wonderful opportunity to only make the toy look anime accurate by ourselves, then why give us stickers that you have to cut to size to look decent? If this was a “for those that want to customize” thing they would include decent quality decals along with their stickers. Right now it looks like a half assed time cutting decision.

And why not paint the intake detail? The kai has it. Isn’t that going against what you establish before in the same line?