Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Once again I wouldn't call it a trend as it was only done on one valk. Just saying. I know this is macrossworld which means we are quick to jump to conclusions i still believe overall Yamato is not going to stop with tampo printing.

As collector of many things, I've seen too often such trends like these continue when implemented. Companies these days do the most for that extra bit of profit, from packaging, the amount of accessories, to size.

I very much doubt the excuse of the lead designer due to his personal preference over a set standard. It might very well be to save money, or not to make it too expensive for the fans.

(Editted, as I clumsily left out not in the last line.)

Edited by Omegablue

Well, we've only seen this happen once. Unless someone REALLY complains or Graham points out some of us have been complaining we're probably guaranteed they aren't tampo printing the D variation either. But until we see another Yammie without any tampo it's silly to assume every single release after will be this way. The 19F and P will likely have their tampo as the S already has it. We've yet to see anything about the VF-4, which is the most telling because it's new and doesn't have a process in place for adding tampo or not. Until then remembering the old saying, when you assume you make an ass of u and me.

Well, we've only seen this happen once. Unless someone REALLY complains or Graham points out some of us have been complaining we're probably guaranteed they aren't tampo printing the D variation either. But until we see another Yammie without any tampo it's silly to assume every single release after will be this way. The 19F and P will likely have their tampo as the S already has it. We've yet to see anything about the VF-4, which is the most telling because it's new and doesn't have a process in place for adding tampo or not. Until then remembering the old saying, when you assume you make an ass of u and me.

WTF???

:rolleyes:

No one assumed anything. There were questions as to why, and concerns if it will continue.

Edited by Omegablue

"I very much doubt the excuse of the lead designer due to his personal preference over a set standard."

If it's to save money, then you've already decided they'll try to do this again. The Yen isn't getting cheaper. People are already acting like every release after this will not have any tampo printing regardless of the valk and it's misplaced.

"I very much doubt the excuse of the lead designer due to his personal preference over a set standard."

If it's to save money, then you've already decided they'll try to do this again. The Yen isn't getting cheaper. People are already acting like every release after this will not have any tampo printing regardless of the valk and it's misplaced.

Oh my f***ing word. :blink: LOL :lol:

Stop watching Dr Phil and ASSUMING you know what is in people's minds.

Dude, I just expressed a possibility. Do you want the meaning to the word "possibility"? :lol:

Really, you're the one acting up on some defence while placing fellow board members in some invented circle.

Internet arguements are never going to be won by anyone. If you want to talk to me about valks, cool, I'll talk.

But if you have a need to falsely tag me to defend whatever opinion you feel strongly about, then you won't get another further reply.

Edited by Omegablue

I'm not acting up. My original post wasn't even directed at you. There was no reply tag with your name on it. It was directed at people in general. You got all up on my response so I pointed out a bit of the emerging paranoia as expressed by one of your comments.

I'm not acting up. My original post wasn't even directed at you. There was no reply tag with your name on it. It was directed at people in general. You got all up on my response so I pointed out a bit of the emerging paranoia as expressed by one of your comments.

LOL :lol:

Oh really, your reply answer after mine is pretty visibly a response, you then even qouted me, and then labelled the people questioning the tampo printing as the group acting up.

Anyway, whatever, and peace.

Back on topic, I'm really curious to see if covers and the suggestions by Graham will be implemented?

Though after a lot of thinking, I'm probably gonna give this one a miss unless it goes on sale.

It does seem like a few have started hitting the panic button already after this one release. Omegablue, from what you wrote, you did make an assumption that leads people to think, that your thinking this will be a common trend now. It's nothing to get bent out of shape over, it's just what appears based off of what you wrote. I wouldn't be surprised if the D variant doesn't have any tampo printing. If we see later, different versions of valks come out without tampo printing, then I'd say we might be seeing a change.

At the same time, I don't think Kawamori would appreciate all valks coming out with no tampo printing. I'd probably start rationing my purchasing a lot if that was the case, but until that happens, if it happens, I'm not going to worry too much.

You're very tiring to deal with. Especially your use of bold to, I assume, suggest you're more correct. I already explained the use of your quote in my last response. My reply, after you WTF'ed me did include your quote, but not the original which is what you took offense to. Don't pick and choose which response you want to protest and argue against. As for the rest, you're attributing "acting up" with my attempt at humor. Which ironically would suit your comment "Stop watching Dr Phil and ASSUMING you know what is in people's minds" in regards to me.

It does seem like a few have started hitting the panic button already after this one release. Omegablue, from what you wrote, you did make an assumption that leads people to think, that your thinking this will be a common trend now. It's nothing to get bent out of shape over, it's just what appears based off of what you wrote.

Dude, I just questioned, and presented the possibility which is presently effecting many toy companies. I still find it odd that after setting the standard of printing, it was omitted. In my view, it comes across that "probably" it was to save costs as this is already an expensive Valk, and Yamato didn't want the fans to spend more than what they can afford? Yes, I agree, it does look better without the markings, but the printing would have looked far superior than the included decals. I didn't hit any panic, nor bash Yamato.

You're very tiring to deal with. Especially your use of bold to, I assume, suggest you're more correct. I already explained the use of your quote in my last response. My reply, after you WTF'ed me did include your quote, but not the original which is what you took offense to. Don't pick and choose which response you want to protest and argue against. As for the rest, you're attributing "acting up" with my attempt at humor. Which ironically would suit your comment "Stop watching Dr Phil and ASSUMING you know what is in people's minds" in regards to me.

You're over analyzing sh!t. At the end if you press someone's button when they're expressing their point of view, expect him or her to press yours. My attempt at humour? Yes, unlike you, I'm finding this funny, cause I'm sure if you heard the tone of my voice while writing my initial comments, which unfortunately you can't via the forum, you would have realized I wasn't panicking about the printing and etc. ;) But just typing my view from what I gathered. As well, no one else really went all panicking. There was just a bit or pro and con for the printing.

Anyway, it's past 01:00am on this side of the world, have a pleasant night. And I sincerely mean it.

One time could be a fluke. The biggest problem with the whole thing is that the designer had enough pull to leave it off. Certainly interesting.

I can not Beleved !! My vf-17s has a broken leg!!!

I can not believe,my packagearrivedon Saturday, but when Battroid transform mode,the metal bar that connects the leg to the bodywas broken,I'm still in shock, someonewho can help me.

just send an email detailing the problems of my vf-17s

could order a spare part or an item change.

Any recommendations?

the toy was bought in ISHOP2Go!!!

broken1.jpgbroken3.jpgbraken2.jpg

Edited by skull_leader001

Woah, that really sucks. I was curious/worried about that particular bar based on how hard a time I had swinging it down. Was it like this right out of the box or did it snap when you were trying to adjust the hips farther down?

probably just a bad cast of the metal. If the diecast is made properly, it should be more than strong enough to take the stress, if it's not, it'll crumble right away. Not much you can do about it... I remember there were a couple of cases of a similar break on the 29/25 a month or two ago.

probably just a bad cast of the metal. If the diecast is made properly, it should be more than strong enough to take the stress, if it's not, it'll crumble right away. Not much you can do about it... I remember there were a couple of cases of a similar break on the 29/25 a month or two ago.

what was your procedure for you to change your product?

Edited by skull_leader001

Whoa, that must have totaly sucked. I had trouble trying to figure out how to pull the bar down after finally getting the chest piece to move up. and in the process in getting that bar to move down, I accidently bent the sharp end of the part the connect to the shoulder because the legs being stiff would not rotate downward. managed to straighten it out but now I got a white stress mark on it. Yamato should have made it a little less tight there, but as I am now seeing skull_leader001 pic as it just popped in while I am typing this, maybe I should have tried some lubricant too. I wonder clippper lubricant might work? Anyway here are the transfomation shots I promised. It took all night to 1:30 am to get this done, because I had a hard time with it, and almost gave up.

VF-17SDiamondForce52.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce53.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce54.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce55.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce56.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce57.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce59.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce65.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce66.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce67.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce68.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce69.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce70.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce71.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce72.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce73.jpg

Next batch

VF-17SDiamondForce74.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce75.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce76.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce77.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce78.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce79.jpg

Complete

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

what was your procedure for you to change your product?

Well, I bought my vf-19 through HLJ, so I emailed them (trouble@hlj.com) pictures of the busted part and asked for just the parts but HLJ doesn't do that and instead offered a refund or exchange. I took the exchange, I mailed it back to them and they refunded the shipping and shipped out a new vf-19 to me.

Honestly, I know that I can get better deals with other shops, but given how much these things cost and how prone they are to QC issues, I'm sticking to the major stores that accept returns.

Oh man, my curser is hovering so close to the quote button right now... :p

Don't worry about UN Spacy, A7 will get to you LONG before he will.

Cool Pics Hornet.

Stupid Question. I battroid mode, should the lower legs be pulled all the way down? Thus making the battroid taller

Unfortunately yes it's the only way to get the nose section that the cockpit separated from, to lock in where the bar was. And I recomend caution when doing this as the legs and the ball joint are so tight when trying to pull them down without rotating the legs down you will end up doing what I did. Just look at the closeup photo I just posted on my thread and you will see why.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

diecast has a sheer strength of 31,000psi. If it broke, it's because the metal was bad to begin with, not because of your superhuman strength. The ABS plastic housing the joint will have deformed long before the metal breaks like that.

Hi Guys:

Apologies if this is a repeated question. I am a newbie with Yamato Macross toys. Recently I bought a VF-17 and a Macross display stand. However, I have problems mounting the toy (fighter mode) on the display stand. Does anyone here have an idea how is it done?

Thanks!

I can not Beleved !! My vf-17s has a broken leg!!!

I can not believe,my packagearrivedon Saturday, but when Battroid transform mode,the metal bar that connects the leg to the bodywas broken,I'm still in shock, someonewho can help me.

just send an email detailing the problems of my vf-17s

could order a spare part or an item change.

Any recommendations?

the toy was bought in ISHOP2Go!!!

Yeah. Looks like factory-defect to me.

You'll need to return them to that shop. Send them an email right away, with the pics.

On their website, they state:

Return Policy

If it is provided to be the factory's default or damaged via postal, please take photos about the damaged goods conditions and email to our customer service cs@ishop2go.com. We shall take appropriate actions to tackle the problem. We may request from resending the goods to you but we would not bear any additional shipment cost in case any situations can apply. Refund policy is not applied at any situations.

not sure who's gonna eat the shipping-cost for the return, tho.

Hi Guys:

Apologies if this is a repeated question. I am a newbie with Yamato Macross toys. Recently I bought a VF-17 and a Macross display stand. However, I have problems mounting the toy (fighter mode) on the display stand. Does anyone here have an idea how is it done?

Thanks!

It comes with some extra peices to display them if your using the Yamato Mighty Block display stand or the luanch arm display stand those peices will fit both. The first peice is a long display piece that is placed under the fighter between the legs just follow the directions in the manual easy to see. The second piece is used for the battroid mode; however, I recomend using the launch Arm display stand for this, as the Battroid mode is too tall as the Mighty block stand won't support it.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet