Most Desired 1/60 VF-19 Excalibur

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Which VF-19 Excalibur do you want to see most in 1/60 scale?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which VF-19 Excalibur do you want to see most in 1/60 scale?

• YF-19(all new mold AKA V2 1/60 YF-19)/VF-19A
    • VF-19F
    • VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie
    • VF-19P
    • VF-19E
    • VF-19EF/EFs Caliburn
    • VF-19ACTIVE Nothung

I haven't made one of my notorious polls here for a long time, and nowhere near as much as I used to. If anything however, I felt that the time was right to gauge everyone's opinions on which 1/60 VF-19's they'd like to see the most. Repainted/retooled releases benefit Yamato, but in this case, also benefit us because it seems like most of us are Excalibur fans. Whether Yamato will be as aggressive with the YF/VF-19 releases, as they were with the V2 1/60 VF-1 line, remains to be seen, but I for one think it would be cool. With the upcoming 1/60 Fire Valkyrie, Yamato has done what they did not do before, give the Excalibur an appropriately bigger silhouette.

So we get the Fire Valkyrie this year, and who knows what will be released next year for Macross 30th. Graham also stated the following:

I've already talked to Yamato about this. The CEO likes the design. Could be a possibility. Depends how popular Macross R is and also how well the VF-19 sells.

Modifying the 1/60 VF-19Kai to VF-19ACTIVE would probably require 40%-50% new tooling.

Now this isn't a thread for stating "I'd rather see something else(non-VF-19)". I don't think the new 19's are going to get in the way of us, for example, getting the VF-17. The development cycle for designing new parts for let's say, the VF-19ACTIVE might be a lot shorter than designing an all new mold, like a 1/60 VF-4. This thread is primarily about which 19's you want to see. Vote away!

Come to think of it, I don't know if there are pics. It's the basis for the VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie, so think Fire Valkyrie but with a gunpod in lieu of speaker pod, no mouth on battroid mode, and conventional flight controls in lieu of a guitar joystick.

That would actually be pretty awesome. I know I'm not the only one who wants the normal robot head of the 19F along with the long wings of the Kai.

I would love to see the VF-19 Nothung, but the fact that it does not have any weapons makes me want the VF-19EFs from SMS. Now, if I remember correctly the VF-19EFs has a form of ISC, right?

Twich

I went with the E. Loved it since I got the Master files book and would basically be just a repaint of the current Kai with some very minor changes. The Kai mold is looking great but suffers from being the Kai....if that makes any sense. :blink:

Chris

I'd also love just about any of the others too though.

unfortunately, after buying the kai, i may have to skip my favorate scheme, the vf-17P whale blood, simply because of color scheme being red, and kai being red too (although the P being the much nicer one).... vf-17 blazzer will be the next and last valk

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19p/vf-19p-stained-battroid.gif

For those skipping the kai though, yea, the vf-17P what blood should be a good one (if they make it).

already having 2x yf-19, say this was coming out after the kai, its hard going with a new one, i would still have preffered blazzer to go with my yf-21 (my current fav valk). So Kai in batroid, and blazzer in fighter mode.

vf-17 army??? other than the low vis 2 1/48 vf-1a, yamato has done none of that, i doubt we'd see that. What about a low vis vf-19.... they didnt do it with the yf-19, eventhough interest was shown, i really doubt they'd do it with the vf-19, so that is eliminated too.

vf19 EF or Active... indeed, i think this is the way for Yamato to go after the blazzer... Its new, and its beautifull in fighter... and i would personnaly consider the Active one very seriously (note i only buy 1-2 toy a year, so lotsa sacrifices being made each year)... but dont know what the batroid looks like... so assuming the head sculpt is nice like the yf-19 or vf-17 kai/blazzer, vf19 Active should be a real success. Thus knowing blazzer will be out, i choose the ACTIVE.

P, S & F are a given from yamato, so not really needed on the poll IMO.

It really comes down to VF-19EF (Macross-R), VF-19ACTIVE (Macross-R), VF-19A (VF-X2), Remake YF-19 (Mac Plus), VF-19E and other colors/variations (Master Files).

Graham

I agree with that.

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0, would it be possible to modify the poll letting the VFs P, S & F aside? That way we would just be able to vote for the variations that aren’t granted by Yamato yet.

My vote would be for the vf-19 from VFX-2 from Ravens squadron. Still in my opinion, one of the best paint combinations out there. All these new ones from Macross the Ride can come afterward.

Voted for the VF-19EF Caliburn [it's the Mac-R valk that Chelsea chick uses, right?].

Of course, the V2 YF-19 stands a far better chance at getting made, since Yamato already owns the MacPlus license, and it just needs a retooling of the Fire Kai fig they're already working on. As busy as they are making Mac7 figs right now, there's no telling if they might pick up the Macross-R license anytime soon, or if Bandai might snatch it up first.

Voted for the VF-19EF Caliburn [it's the Mac-R valk that Chelsea chick uses, right?].

Of course, the V2 YF-19 stands a far better chance at getting made, since Yamato already owns the MacPlus license, and it just needs a retooling of the Fire Kai fig they're already working on. As busy as they are making Mac7 figs right now, there's no telling if they might pick up the Macross-R license anytime soon, or if Bandai might snatch it up first.

the yf-19 would require pretty much a complete resculpt of the vf-19. If we're talking just design and tooling costs the MF VF-19 variants would be much cheaper to do since we're talking about 60% or so new molds but the question is how much demand is there for them?