Cool, I mean 1999 kind of beat them to the punch a long long time ago, but that's pretty cool. My only worry is they'll start cutting corners and like other areas you won't get instruction manuals in your boxes anymore, you'll have to go online and print them or something. And probably have to make an account. 

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Cool, I mean 1999 kind of beat them to the punch a long long time ago, but that's pretty cool. My only worry is they'll start cutting corners and like other areas you won't get instruction manuals in your boxes anymore, you'll have to go online and print them or something. And probably have to make an account. 

They beat them to the punch, but if you only read English, it’s a lot harder than it used to be to use that function. It was so much easier before they stopped listing the Bandai kits for people outside Japan, now you have to delete part of the url and guess at which section to search.

the new site isn’t easy, but at least most items pop up with a keyword pretty quickly 

3 minutes ago, Big s said:

if you only read English, it’s a lot harder than it used to be to use that function. It was so much easier before they stopped listing the Bandai kits for people outside Japan, now you have to delete part of the url and guess at which section to search.

Can you clarify what you're talking about? The site seems exactly the same as it ever has to me, but I wonder if I use it in an unconventional way. (I open up the "English Catalog" page for X/Y/Z section in its own window/tab so it doesn't show the sidebar that the site usually has. I'll rarely do the same with the English sidebar page as well.)

- 'that function' = ???

- what kits don't they list? P-Bandai stuff?

- delete URL?

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Can you clarify what you're talking about? The site seems exactly the same as it ever has to me, but I wonder if I use it in an unconventional way. (I open up the "English Catalog" page for X/Y/Z section in its own window/tab so it doesn't show the sidebar that the site usually has. I'll rarely do the same with the English sidebar page as well.)

- 'that function' = ???

- what kits don't they list? P-Bandai stuff?

- delete URL?

Doesn’t show any Bandai kits gundam, Macross or whatever.

on the url you have to delete the section that says English and then it displays in Japanese but will show all non exclusive Bandai kits 

I got that tip from here a  couple pages back

Edited by Big s

4 hours ago, Big s said:

Doesn’t show any Bandai kits gundam, Macross or whatever.

on the url you have to delete the section that says English and then it displays in Japanese but will show all non exclusive Bandai kits 

I got that tip from here a  couple pages back

I need to get into an old folks home. This whole time I read Hikuro's "1999[.co.jp/eng]" and was thinking "dalong." So I was confused as hell thinking something must have changed and I was somehow "grandfathering" my way into using the site as I usually did or something.

It took electric indigo writing dalong out in plain sight for me to realize my brain fart.

But yes, using 1999.co/Hobby Search (it also doesn't help that it's called Hobby Search but its URL is... just the year it was established or something?) has definitely become more annoying ever since Bandai dropped the hammer. Especially when you don't know 1) the internal code it uses to reference these items or 2) the name of XYZ kit in kana form. To get anywhere, you have to either start from googling pre-existing English product pages and fudging with the URL, or navigating the site in a completely foreign language. Thankfully, it's becoming less and less necessary to interact with that store, though I did just recently get a pair of Wave's Phalanx kits from there and the process was as straight forward (and positively archaic) as ever.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I need to get into an old folks home. This whole time I read Hikuro's "1999[.co.jp/eng]" and was thinking "dalong." So I was confused as hell thinking something must have changed and I was somehow "grandfathering" my way into using the site as I usually did or something.

It took electric indigo writing dalong out in plain sight for me to realize my brain fart.

But yes, using 1999.co/Hobby Search (it also doesn't help that it's called Hobby Search but its URL is... just the year it was established or something?) has definitely become more annoying ever since Bandai dropped the hammer. Especially when you don't know 1) the internal code it uses to reference these items or 2) the name of XYZ kit in kana form. To get anywhere, you have to either start from googling pre-existing English product pages and fudging with the URL, or navigating the site in a completely foreign language. Thankfully, it's becoming less and less necessary to interact with that store, though I did just recently get a pair of Wave's Phalanx kits from there and the process was as straight forward (and positively archaic) as ever.

It’s alright, we aren’t getting any younger.

I often use hobbysearch for non Bandai products. Mostly because their site is set up on easy mode. New product is always at the top and searching is easy for old stuff. Too bad the can’t list the Bandai stuff anymore in English.

Hlj really needs to get their site improved 

• 2 weeks later...

MG Stark Jegan completed pics. My wife was away visiting her parents so I managed to knock this one out in 10 days. This was my first experience with the Jegan mold and overall im happy with the kit. Pretty straight forward build and no seams to deal with. My only complaint is all the extra junk (plastic) that's left in the box because its a P-Bandai.

53116755060_464bf73fd9_b.jpg

53116347931_2117342ed6_b.jpg

53116347686_bd10020a9f_b.jpg

53116838078_05e4976355_b.jpg

53116754680_8de5c8edeb_b.jpg

53115749637_bc13ef4015_b.jpg

53116754790_929c40d667_b.jpg

That stark jegan looks great. 
it’s back up on preorder at the US store. I’m still hoping the do the non unicorn version sometime as an mg kit. 
I skipped the standard mg, but did get one of the mg d types and really like that one a lot 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 9:08 AM, anubis20 said:

MG Stark Jegan completed pics. My wife was away visiting her parents so I managed to knock this one out in 10 days. This was my first experience with the Jegan mold and overall im happy with the kit. Pretty straight forward build and no seams to deal with. My only complaint is all the extra junk (plastic) that's left in the box because its a P-Bandai.

53116755060_464bf73fd9_b.jpg

53116347931_2117342ed6_b.jpg

53116347686_bd10020a9f_b.jpg

53116838078_05e4976355_b.jpg

53116754680_8de5c8edeb_b.jpg

53115749637_bc13ef4015_b.jpg

53116754790_929c40d667_b.jpg

Well mine looks like crap now...

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, hachi said:

I'm looking into buying decals for 1/144 kits, I want markings for Zeon units mainly. What are the better 'brands'? I'm not really familiar what's good or not so good.

Bandai has several decal sets for the zeon units and they’re easy to find. There are other pretty good third party ones at Newtype hobbies. So far the third party ones I’ve bought from them have been pretty good and a little thinner than Bandai ones, but I will say that if you know what you’re doing with water slide decals and how to thin the edges, then the Bandai ones are easy to use. I do think that the third party ones have a bit more variety though, especially for those that like line decals specific to a particular mobile suit.

Most third party decals are coated these days, but you may want to pick up a second set or use a decal that you don’t care as much about to test if the ink is sealed or not just in case

14 hours ago, Big s said:

Bandai has several decal sets for the zeon units and they’re easy to find. There are other pretty good third party ones at Newtype hobbies. So far the third party ones I’ve bought from them have been pretty good and a little thinner than Bandai ones, but I will say that if you know what you’re doing with water slide decals and how to thin the edges, then the Bandai ones are easy to use. I do think that the third party ones have a bit more variety though, especially for those that like line decals specific to a particular mobile suit.

Most third party decals are coated these days, but you may want to pick up a second set or use a decal that you don’t care as much about to test if the ink is sealed or not just in case

Thanks! I'm now going through decals on Amazon JP. Locally I'm looking at some G-Rework brand decals. Does anyone have any experience with this?

By the way, those looking for Calibarn and Aerial Rebuild, these seem to be in stock right now at Amazon JP. I ordered mine locally, since I still can't forget the recent incident of customs delaying my package. I'm actually waiting on several kits I ordered from local sellers.

On 9/29/2023 at 5:38 PM, lechuck said:

Master Grade Narrative Gundam C-Packs. Ver.Ka was unveiled at the latest hobby show.

Not sure I care enough and good luck to anyone outside of Japan to get their hands on this easily at normal price.

IMG_9875.jpeg.2976b6d437d67530781e830c23c09ff8.jpeg

IMG_9877.jpeg.ba121bcd156e7aea3832403b838c7357.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg.ae43875a956f3f82aae1f65fa83ff94f.jpeg

On closer inspection looks better without the pink stuff on it. I make this statement having no idea what series it's from 😁

On 9/30/2023 at 1:38 AM, Mommar said:

Was there some period of time where every Gundam had some goofy, flip up, oversized hat?  Forbidden Gundam has the same thing going.

Compared to say Psycho/Mk. II Gundam which transforms into err... a giant block with wings!? I would say the Destroy Gundam does it better, with a more purposeful and distinguishable "monster mode". And this is coming from someone that rates UC stuff > everything else.

The Forbidden to me is a great bad guy Gundam design, it wears its hat with pride. 😛
The Full Mechanics line hasn't been on my radar, but I might get this one. Maybe one day we get a Metal Build of it, now that would be awesome.