Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Apparently there's some news here (same report where the Virgin Road figures appeared):

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php

In this part:

続きましてお詫びが御座います。

最近発売した一部媒体に載っている弊社の商品「1/60 完全変形 YF-19 リペイント」(白ベースで赤&黒ラインが入っている画像の物)についてですが、初期段階の彩色テスト画像が表示されており、実際に発売する予定のカラーリングとは異なります。

実際は、白を基調としたオレンジ&黒のラインの機体と、白を基調としてブルー(紺)&黒のラインの機体の2種を進めております。コメント文も「関節周りも若干改良されている」と表記していますが、実際は今までのYF-19に使用していた検査基準を見直し、今までと同じ生産過程内で

『今まで以上に基準を攻める』

という事になります。

簡単に言うと、『変形等に発生していた「緩い」や「合わない」といったストレスを軽減している』と言う意味ですので、改良している訳では御座いません。

after Google translate:

Apology to the御座IMASU続KIMASHI.

All of our products listed in the media that some recently released "1 / 60 complete deformation RIPEINTO YF-19" (in red & white images of the lines in black) is about the color of the initial test image is displayed, and will be available in the color is different really.

In fact, orange and white and black lines and planes, as a white, blue (dark blue) and the aircraft's two black lines on the species. Comments and statements "that are articulated around a bit improved," the characters are, in fact, so far reviewed the YF-19 was used to test standards in the production process as far

The push for standards than ever

It is called.

Simply said, had caused the deformation and "loose" or "not" it's less stressful and I mean it, because of the improved HA御座IMASEN.

:huh:

after Google translate:

Apology to the御座IMASU続KIMASHI.

All of our products listed in the media that some recently released "1 / 60 complete deformation RIPEINTO YF-19" (in red & white images of the lines in black) is about the color of the initial test image is displayed, and will be available in the color is different really.

In fact, orange and white and black lines and planes, as a white, blue (dark blue) and the aircraft's two black lines on the species. Comments and statements "that are articulated around a bit improved," the characters are, in fact, so far reviewed the YF-19 was used to test standards in the production process as far

The push for standards than ever

It is called.

Simply said, had caused the deformation and "loose" or "not" it's less stressful and I mean it, because of the improved HA御座IMASEN.

:huh:

um.... could someone translate this translation? :huh:

Double Nuts="00", in numerical designation for Navy aircraft, any plane with double nuts is usually the CAG(Carrier Air Group) commander aircraft, typically in high viz. For example if you saw 2 Jolly Rogers aircraft, 1 with "113" as designation, it's most likely a low viz plane, but "100" would be high viz, with the CO's craft, "101" having high viz but not as much as the "100" aircraft.

Close. "Double nuts" is redundant. Two zeros is just nuts, it's implied by pluralizing the word nut. We only ever added "triple" or more when there were more than two zero's. We never really referred to nuts or "One" (aircraft 101) as "high viz" either, they were simply our "show birds."

can't they repaint the vf-0 series too, so that we'll know its the fixed version.

Is VF-0D consider a repaint for u? VF-0 already has 3 schemes, so I hope others would have a chance first b4 VF-0S/A. Really like the color scheme of VF-0D

Anyway I thought the 2nd release of the VF-0 are all fixed, as well as those that came with a Ghost? I rmb many ppl saying the problems are fixed, but I also remember one or two complain abt the 2nd release...

Is VF-0D consider a repaint for u? VF-0 already has 3 schemes, so I hope others would have a chance first b4 VF-0S/A. Really like the color scheme of VF-0D

Anyway I thought the 2nd release of the VF-0 are all fixed, as well as those that came with a Ghost? I rmb many ppl saying the problems are fixed, but I also remember one or two complain abt the 2nd release...

Nope.. the VF-0D would require retooling, with a new cockpit, wings, and all. I wouldn't mind a VF-0A in VF-0D colours though!

The VF-22 is a new item for Yamato. All Mac 7 items were exclusively Bandai. I am wondering if they made a deal to allow Yamato to release Mac 7 fighters so that Bandai could do a VB-6 with the Mac F branding?

The VF-22 is a new item for Yamato. All Mac 7 items were exclusively Bandai. I am wondering if they made a deal to allow Yamato to release Mac 7 fighters so that Bandai could do a VB-6 with the Mac F branding?

Now there's a thought! A straight up product swap that benefits both parties.

plus too attachments that in jet mode will look like covered gun pods apparently (or just differant bellplates to relfect this with no attachment I'm not sure). A little lame but I'll take it. At least it won't be as expensive as a YF-21.

Edited by logos

Depends on your definition of "fixed". Unless I was ripped-off by a dishonest shop owner, my VF-0S Version 3 (?) standalone, no Ghost but with the extra padding for the tailfins cannot compare to a V 2.0 1/60 VF-1 in terms of solidness, perfectly locking parts...On the "V 3.0" VF-0S the shoulder/arms are the latest version (have screws), ball joints are rubber padded, etc. It's nice and I love it coz it's a Focker Special, but you don't expect a totally revamped VF-0.

Considering the SV-51 is at discount prices almost everywhere I look, and the inconsistencies with the VF-0, Macross Zero toys never meant great business...I am not sure Yamato will burn more cash on that franchise but I'd like to be proven wrong and get a reactive armor for example! Or a "Version 3.0" SV-51 with no more floppy mess and or wings that break out of the box (still waiting fingers crossed for a reply from Overdrive, requested parts 2 or 3 months ago?). Make it in a totally new packaging so we're not concerned if it's a floppy mess, a reissue, a repack...

Edited by regult

Frankly, while I would be blindly getting anything labled M&M, the YF-21/VF-22 has legs which are too small to me.

This seems to be a sacrifice for a slimmer fighter mode; and if I get them they would probably spend much more time in fighter mode.

Too early to talk about this maybe; but I am pretty confident now after how they are reluctant to do the spartan. If Yamato makes a mode, there would not be only one model coming out of it.

(and so I guess there would be a 1/2000 TV SDF too! limited edition maybe, but they would do it I firmly believe)

hey graham, i dont know if u can ask Yamato this, or even if u can tell us but will they tampo more onto the new 19's and 22? They do a lot more than they used too, so i wondered if we'll see a amjority of the logos etc tampoed for this release.

Frankly, while I would be blindly getting anything labled M&M, the YF-21/VF-22 has legs which are too small to me.

This seems to be a sacrifice for a slimmer fighter mode; and if I get them they would probably spend much more time in fighter mode.

you know, to be honest I never actually liked the YF-21 battroid mode until the 1/60 YF-21 came out. based on the animation I always thought that the YF-21/VF-22 was a little too bulbous and lumpy in battroid. The Toy version looks a lot smoother and I think the thin legs work for it better.

I am I the only one who likes the VF-22S more but prefers the face of the YF-21?

I like the YF-21 head more, but not a big fan on the colors of it. Ideally, I would have picked Max's VF-22 colors (or Gamlin's but without the yellow strips or red clear parts), with YF-21 head and with its Fast Pack. But obviously, it won't come that way. So after weighing the prices, accessories & the details on the figure, I end up picking up a YF-21.

hey graham, i dont know if u can ask Yamato this, or even if u can tell us but will they tampo more onto the new 19's and 22? They do a lot more than they used too, so i wondered if we'll see a amjority of the logos etc tampoed for this release.

And while you're at it, can you confirm if the main color is a dark gray or dark green? It's hard to tell from the pics...

-Kyp

These paint schemes are dissapointing to say the least. How much imagination does it take to use the same pattern and just change the colors? Don't even get me started on Yamato's color choices; blue and red? Orange and black? Yamato either needs to hire a good graphic designer or stop with these sad attempts to come up with their own color schemes. Is the currently released stand alone -19 free of bugs? If yes, I'll just buy that.

Warrhead-- The orange recolour could be an homage to the YF-15 prototype, as well as a variant of the original Prototype 3 colouring, while the red and blue could be an homage to the F-15 S/MTD. Either way, I actually think that the orange re-colour looks awesome, more so than the VF-X2 colours!