Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Unfortunately, that does not matter. The VF-17 was also in VFX, doesn't mean that Yamato can make it. Same with the VF-22. Why? Because those first appeared, and are therefore under, the Macross 7 license. At least, that is my understanding of how the license works.

On the other hand, Yamato is releasing the VF-22, which first appeared in Macross 7, not Dynamite. This lends credit to the idea that Yamato has the full Macross 7 license, including Dynamite. Otherwise, some special arrangements must have been made between Bandai, BW, and Yamato, or these toy licenses are far more complicated than any of us imagined.

One thing is clear, though. Just because a Valkyrie appears in something a company has the license to, does not necessarily mean that Valk is included in the license. There's certainly more to it than that. Otherwise Yamato's VFX license would have covered pretty much all the Valkyries we've been clamouring for.

Could be that Yamato somehow cut a deal so that they could make the VF-22 since they already had the YF-21 which means 90% of the VF-22 were already done and Bandai had no interest in spending money to make a entire new mold.

The VF-17 is another story. Bandai may want to keep that since the VF-171 in frontier is a version of the VF-17.

(I admit, I am trying to defend my little wish that Yamato does have the full license.)

Probably the VF-17 and VF-171 look different enough, that Bandai does not have to worry too much to pay to extend the license or something:

vf-17d-battroid_small.gifvf-171-battroid_small.gif

vf-17d-gerwalk_small.gifvf-171-gerwalk_small.gif

vf-17d-fighter_small.gifvf-171-fighter_small.gif

P.S. I am not interested in the M7 VF-17.

Edited by ff95gj

Rumor I heard was that Yamato worked out a deal with Bandai for the VF-22 and they'd have to do the same for each future toy they plan on associating with M7... but that's just the rumor I heard. Interesting stuff to be sure.

I want a 1/60 VF-17... in dynamite a VF-17D was used which has a much more appealing head design instead of the ugly ass fat skull the S had, it also had the same black and white trim from Macross7 TV

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

I now Graham will push for this valk to get made in all his might... and don't let it be a F*CKING EXCLUSIVE!!!

Rumor I heard was that Yamato worked out a deal with Bandai for the VF-22 and they'd have to do the same for each future toy they plan on associating with M7... but that's just the rumor I heard. Interesting stuff to be sure.
Wait, so separate deals for each Macross 7 toy that Yamato wants to make in 1/60 scale in the future?

One thing is clear, though. Just because a Valkyrie appears in something a company has the license to, does not necessarily mean that Valk is included in the license. There's certainly more to it than that. Otherwise Yamato's VFX license would have covered pretty much all the Valkyries we've been clamouring for.
If I remember right, licenses may pertain to specific mecha as opposed to entire shows, however with Macross 7 Bandai did sit on the license for a long time, and from what it seems, was the only company able to make toys from it legally, until now.

Perhaps, and this is building off of the rumor, Yamato has to make deals with Bandai because Bandai has some Macross 7 toys planned in 1/60 scale too. Maybe Bandai will let Yamato do specific versions that they themselves have no plans on making. For example, maybe Bandai didn't want to do a VF-22 and instead wanted to focus on the core cast, such as Sound Force(VF-19, VF-11MAXL, VT-17). This would enable them to make the Blazer Valkyrie/Emerald Force variants, VF-19P, and VF-17. Or maybe Bandai got the VF-171 license, and Yamato got the VF-17.

Since Yamato also has a VF-11B tooled up, maybe they can reuse it with minimal retooling as a VF-11C(would it even need retooling?).

For the VF-17 and it's associated variants(aside VF-171), I guess whomever gets the license is able to make all VF-17 variants from Macross 7 only.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Wait, so separate deals for each Macross 7 toy that Yamato wants to make in 1/60 scale in the future?

If I remember right, licenses may pertain to specific mecha as opposed to entire shows, however with Macross 7 Bandai did sit on the license for a long time, and from what it seems, was the only company able to make toys from it legally, until now.

Perhaps, and this is building off of the rumor, Yamato has to make deals with Bandai because Bandai has some Macross 7 toys planned in 1/60 scale too. Maybe Bandai will let Yamato do specific versions that they themselves have no plans on making. For example, maybe Bandai didn't want to do a VF-22 and instead wanted to focus on the core cast, such as Sound Force(VF-19, VF-11MAXL, VT-17). This would enable them to make the Blazer Valkyrie/Emerald Force variants, VF-19P, and VF-17. Or maybe Bandai got the VF-171 license, and Yamato got the VF-17.

Since Yamato also has a VF-11B tooled up, maybe they can reuse it with minimal retooling as a VF-11C(would it even need retooling?).

For the VF-17 and it's associated variants(aside VF-171), I guess whomever gets the license is able to make all VF-17 variants from Macross 7 only.

The basic VF-11C would need no retooling just a repaint. It does need a new gunpod and slightly different fastpack boosters though.

Less retooling then a VF-22 thats for sure.

Bandai might want to redo their original M7 toys with modern technology at some point though and that means the VF-19 and VF-17 variants are offline to Yamato.

They never made the VF-22 or the VF-11 though so they might not care for those.

Do you think they could do the same for SMS custom König Monster?

Correct me if I'm wrong but are those supposed to be the super nova colors for the 19's? If so I'm a bit dissapointed that they just reused the paint masks from the original 19. Would have prefered them to use the scheme from Model Graphics and the same mask for both with a bunch of racing decals.

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

- Nghia

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page7.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page3.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...une02page11.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...une02page10.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...une02page12.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page9.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page8.jpg

*resurrects*

havent bought a Macross thing in awhile, since endless VF-1 Molds left little to talk about. But I have to say; Im sold on the 22 and potentially both 19's; I like the white/orange one as is, and if the other one is a white body as it appears to be, Ill quickly turn that into a Skull 1 coloured 19!

curious... is there any additional technical data on the 21/22's "completely shielded cockpit"? or was it just to avoid having to think of a way to incorporate a heatshield? thanks! :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

curious... is there any additional technical data on the 21/22's "completely shielded cockpit"? or was it just to avoid having to think of a way to incorporate a heatshield? thanks! :)

I don't know if there's really any data concerning the canopy specifically. But it doesn't really avoid having a heatshield as mini-heatshields pop out of who knows where to cover the dome and the viewports in battroid mode. I don't think there would have been any way for even yamato to come up with something to incorporate that as something integrated.

...as mini-heatshields pop out of who knows where to cover the dome and the viewports in battroid mode.

ah yeah, guess it does... guess i was just weirded out by the 22's b-mode pics coz those viewports are much larger than on the 21... good to know ^_^

Bandai is going to do 1/60 M7 valks??

Nope, it's only a rumor for now.

Personally, I hope Bandai will stop making 1/60 Macross mecha, return to model kits, and allow Yamato to take over the rest of the line.

Hopefully this is a good indication that this will indeed happen, and Yamato will pick up the Frontier license and finish the rest - after the Mac7 valks have been released.

Speaking of which, are the DX's even 1/60 scale? They are much smaller than the 22, 19 or most other 1/60 Yamato valks / plus there's no indication anywhere, on the box or in the manual, confirming that they are in fact 1/60 scale.

Only wishful thinking and speculation for now...

Confirmed with Yamato: 1) VF-22 comes with 2 gunpods. 2) Gunpods light grey in colour. 3) Gunpods cannot be stored internally in belly plates (sorry, anime magic, not possible on toy).

maybe the gunpods will come w/ a little ziplock bag for storage :p

Or maybe Bandai sat on the license so long they lost the eclusivity on some of the mecha? Frankly I doubt we will ever know but at least we are getting one of the coolest valks from Macross 7. Sound force 1/60 might be nice but I was never a fan of them. The other valks you mentioned would be great but I'll take what we can get right now.

Oh and not being able to put the gunpods in the belly pods sucks but hopefully there will be some other cool gimmick with the toy. Otherwise considering there will be no super packs and stand the price is going to be a bit steep isn't it?

Happy that the VF-22 is being offered at a cheaper price than the 21. I don't use the stand anyway. It's footprint is too big. Flexi stamds are better.

I love the stand from VF21. Good for displaying the flight mode. It displays the flighter high up with great angle.

Hope Yamato will at least sell those stands separately, if they are not packing them with VF22. <_<

Bandai is going to do 1/60 M7 valks??

The VF-22S Gamlin custom is confirmed. The others are specualtions.

To clarify, the VF-22 Gamlin is confirmed for Yamato, not Bandai. The only M7 toy Bandai has announced so far is the 1/100 VF-19.