Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Graham, a few question on this new vf-22s.

0) Pls explain how is it even possible that Yamato can make a m7 toys, and is the door open for other repaints in the futur, and if so, is it limited to max and miria, if any at all? This also opens the door for the question, if Yamato can make this specific m7 toy, can they make other types, such as vf-17 ??? Again, this is because i cant understand how yamato is puling off a m7 toy.

1) Does vf-22s come with 1 or 2 guns ?

2) Why is the gun blue, while the figure is dark ?

3) Will there be no fast packs on a vf-22s? As i havent watched m7, i dont know if in the show they just dont include such things.

4) Any further improvements over previous version, though i know yf-21 was already very good?

Comments:

I really like the red canopy/eyes/lights, and would have probably bought this toy, but i just cant stand the yellow on this figure, and i am not skillfull enough to correct this... so i will wait and hope for another repaint... not sure if there will be a max or miria version, or better, something with white and orange ;) . Its sad that i have to keep waiting for my favorate looking valk (yf21 that is, but i like the canopy of the vf-22), and dont even know if what i want will ever even be made.

1. 2 guns

2. The guns are supposed to be that color for Gamlin's VF-22. A sort of grayish blue with a lighter color trim. I think the lighting makes the gun look lighter colored.

3. No fast packs were designed for the VF-22s. The integrated gun pod mount takes the place of the bay cover packs. The only possible thing they could probably include would be the sound boosters like the ones Milia snuck off with in her VF-22 to do a little solo singing.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

So is the sculpt on the VF-22 accurate enough or did they compromise too much when they just repainted the YF-21?

Sorry. Not too familiar with the VF-22.

the only thing that looks off is the visor. There should be a bisecting line across the middle. Other than that, the only other differences are the canopy and belly plates which look to be accurately depicted.

the only thing that looks off is the visor. There should be a bisecting line across the middle. Other than that, the only other differences are the canopy and belly plates which look to be accurately depicted.

Thanks. Hope that visor isn't final.

By the way, am I reading this correctly? The VF-22 will be cheaper than the Yf-21? Y18,800?

Edited by Chet

Yeah the VF-22 scheme is awesome, especially the red canopy that matches its dark body, just that I think the yellow strips doesn't match it. I would be much better if the strips were light/dark grey.

When I first saw the 19 repaints on other thread, I thought it was a prank, thought someone photoshop it. I would much prefer a 19 with a VFX2 Raven scheme

The saddest thing is that despite the lower price tag, the actual price we pay will be just about the same if not higher due to the unfavorable exchange rate against the yen for more than a few countries.... :angry:

Hey, think on the bright side!

If it is selling at 21800 yen, the exchange rate will kill you in a more painful way.

Should be no stand and no FAST Packs (as the VF-22 never used them), but I've asked Yamato for confirmation.

Graham

Despite not including FAST packs of its own, I wonder if the FAST packs from the YF-21 will fit onto the 22?

Despite not including FAST packs of its own, I wonder if the FAST packs from the YF-21 will fit onto the 22?

The belly FAST packs most likely won't, due to the different shape of the VF-22's belly plates. Don't see why the arm FPs wouldn't though.

Graham

sucks that it doesn't come w/ a stand... has anybody gotten the new Yamato stands and can it be used w/ the 21? or will this 22 have new attachments for the new stand?

But the new stands are pretty small... I somehow remember that they do not recommend to use it for 1/48 VF-1, and I suppose not for 1/60 YF-21, etc.

I am not sure, my memories are vague...

Edit: here are the contents:

ガンポッド×2、スタンド用アタッチメント×2、ガムリンフィギュア(コクピット用)、フォールドブースター用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、取扱説明書

Gunpod x2, stand attachment x2, Gamlin figure, fold booster attachment, sticker, manual

So there are the attachers for stands.

Edited by ff95gj

So there are the attachers for stands.

could be for the old launch arm stands...???

would you need tooling (i heard this is expensive) for those stand adapters??? if those are different from the ones packaged w/ the 21, why the hell not just include the same damn stand and ask for the same damn price??? <_< ... people who bought the 21 apparently felt the heftier price tag was justified coz it included a stand much like w/ the SV51s... the people who are going to buy this have already been conditioned when it comes to the price... i just don't get it...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Hey, think on the bright side!

If it is selling at 21800 yen, the exchange rate will kill you in a more painful way.

Good point. You are right, could have been much worse.... but still hanging to hope that that the Yen will depreciate somewhat against other currencies to soften the impact... and soon.

I'm pretty sure the current exchange rate has impacted their exports and by perhaps by extension their economy pretty much..

The belly FAST packs most likely won't, due to the different shape of the VF-22's belly plates. Don't see why the arm FPs wouldn't though.

Graham

Ja, that's what I suspect.

EDIT: NEVER MIND I SEE THAT IT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT ALREADY. Got too excited when I saw this in my email this morning to even bother checking the posts. I know I suck.

I don't know if this was posted yet but Overdrive posted a link to Yamato's website saying the VF-22 is coming out in June. There are new pics as well.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1351

Here is a couple of screen shots to wet your appetite.

post-9075-1240579694_thumb.jpg post-9075-1240579701_thumb.jpg

Oh and according to google translate:

1 / 60 complete deformation SHUTOURUMUFOGERU VF-22S-II phosphorus Gum

March 2009 due to ship six tentative price 19,740 yen (excl. tax: 18,800 yen)

I finally got me to this day! New MAKUROSUSHIRIZU The Art of War Now! ! ! Title, Macross Dynamite 7 (OVA), from, VF-22S SHUTOURUMUFOGERU II decided to launch! ! !

YF-21。 YF-21 aircraft in the flow of form, as adopted by the minority and special operations aircraft. 。 The phosphorus木崎on board an aircraft gum will play in the second half of his body. 。 Macross 7 DAIYAMONDOFOSU the color "black" based on the aircraft is finished in chic.

Kind of goes against what Overdrive says (March vs. June) but $18,800yen/$193.632 USD......... :(

EDIT rest of the translation.

It's a new holiday world title! Title 1 of the new machine! Delivered to the Art of War "series complete transformation" as the new title, VF-22S SHUTOURUMUFOGERU. VF-22S Above the plane and the major protagonists and a "VF-22S-phosphorus gum" release. New molding YF-21 F-21 design where a change in face shape head (Change to MONOAI GOGURUTAIPU from the camera), canopy expansion, new molding and thigh panel is set according to specifications.

◆ 1 / 60 scale is expanded in the new VF-1 series is already on sale in YF-19, VF-0 series, SV-51 and also by the display, and compare the size of the aircraft and can enjoy as a scale model! ※ This product is 1 / 60 complete deformation of YF-21 comes with a dedicated stand is not included. ※ stand attachment came Fighter / Walk is for the gadget. ABS、POM、34cm

■ Materials / Body: ABS, POM, zinc alloy and other products ■ Size / Time Fighter: total length 34cm 300mm×360mm×100mm ■ form package / Box package closed ■ Size / 300mm × 360mm × 100mm ■ Accessories / GANPODDO × 2, Attachment for Stand × 2, GAMURINFIGYUA (cockpit), attachment FORUDOBUSUTA, MAKINGUSUTEKKA, Manual

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gifAs soon as Hobby Search posts this for pre-order I am so getting it. I would go through Overdrive but I can't afford to pay for the preorder right now.

Edited by logos

Graham, a few question on this new vf-22s.

0) Pls explain how is it even possible that Yamato can make a m7 toys, and is the door open for other repaints in the futur, and if so, is it limited to max and miria, if any at all? This also opens the door for the question, if Yamato can make this specific m7 toy, can they make other types, such as vf-17 ??? Again, this is because i cant understand how yamato is puling off a m7 toy.

I've read some comments from Japanese sites that Yamato has the gotten the rights to only "Macross 7 Dynamite". And that they were able to do so because it's an OAV (whose terms and conditions were separate and different from that of the TV series).

Edited by Vifam7

I've read some comments from Japanese sites that Yamato has the gotten the rights to only "Macross 7 Dynamite". And that they were able to do so because it's an OAV (whose terms and conditions were separate and different from that of the TV series).

That's my worst fear. Is that confirmed information, or just speculation?

Personally, I think as Yamato is promoting the new line in high profile, I choose to believe that they have the whole M7 license.

And also, it's win-win to Bandai too.

Just my subjective wish, of course...

Well if they can only do stuff in Dynamite 7, that isn't such a bad thing right? We can still get the VF-19P, the VT-1C, the VF-5000, and the VA-3M. All of which would be ripe for repaints and little tweaks. True it means we won't get any Proto-Devlin craft or the VF-11C, or maybe even the VF-17 (unless someone can convince BW & Yamato that a unique VF-17 appeared in D7). What this does mean though, is that if the VF-19P comes out, it won't be that hard for an enterprising customizer to make/sell a conversion kit to turn it into a VF-19F/S/Kai. More then that, it also means we can get the VA-3C, as there are not a huge amount of changes there. Now the only popular VF in danger of not going Yammie si the VF-17, but if Yamato still have the VF-X2 lisnce, they might be to slip it in through there in Raven's colors.

THough it does mean that a Max and Millia VF-22 is pobably a non-starter since it did appear in M7 and not D7.

That's my worst fear. Is that confirmed information, or just speculation?

Personally, I think as Yamato is promoting the new line in high profile, I choose to believe that they have the whole M7 license.

Just unconfirmed speculation. Let's see what answers Graham gets.

Even if it's M7 Dynamite only, there's still a good number of Valks there. I see Space Whale Blood color vers. VF-19P for the future. :D

Edited by Vifam7

the VF-17 was in dynamite

when, the pilot chick that uses a VF-5000 infiltrates the "space pirates" that are playing moby dick (shrugggs), who are also arms dealers and have high tech valks, so she steals a VF-17 with a fold booster to scape from them

Not really so much of a bisecting line, but the upper half and lower half do meet at a point/line. You can see this from the reflection of the light if you zoom in really close.

Also I don't recall the visor being so pulled/sunken into the face. Probably for transformation reasons if anything... I suppose.

Kind of sucks that for that price the VF-22 is not coming with a stand. At least the VF-11 came with super packs.........Oh well I'll try to find the money somewhere once Hobbylink or Hobbysearch hopefully brings them up for preorder.

the VF-17 was in dynamite

when, the pilot chick that uses a VF-5000 infiltrates the "space pirates" that are playing moby dick (shrugggs), who are also arms dealers and have high tech valks, so she steals a VF-17 with a fold booster to scape from them

Unfortunately, that does not matter. The VF-17 was also in VFX, doesn't mean that Yamato can make it. Same with the VF-22. Why? Because those first appeared, and are therefore under, the Macross 7 license. At least, that is my understanding of how the license works.

On the other hand, Yamato is releasing the VF-22, which first appeared in Macross 7, not Dynamite. This lends credit to the idea that Yamato has the full Macross 7 license, including Dynamite. Otherwise, some special arrangements must have been made between Bandai, BW, and Yamato, or these toy licenses are far more complicated than any of us imagined.

One thing is clear, though. Just because a Valkyrie appears in something a company has the license to, does not necessarily mean that Valk is included in the license. There's certainly more to it than that. Otherwise Yamato's VFX license would have covered pretty much all the Valkyries we've been clamouring for.