Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Looks like Yamato are getting really desperate. Without the license towards the new Macross F or any other Macross lines besides the original TV series, DYRL and Macross Plus, they have to stick to what they got and are releasing colour variants, one after another!

sure sounds like it, they're down to what five macross licenses, the most diverse offering of valkyries, destroids and capital ships ever in the history of macross... I expect they'll get out of the macross business any day now.

Me wants VF-22 Max. ^_^ Hope its just a matter of time when Yamato would get to this one. While I like the YF-21/VF-22 design a lot, reminiscent the Q-Rau, the colors are not quite my likings to keep me from purchasing one. But if Max is on, I am all for it.

vf22s-04.jpg

sure sounds like it, they're down to what five macross licenses, the most diverse offering of valkyries, destroids and capital ships ever in the history of macross... I expect they'll get out of the macross business any day now.

:lol:

I really hope they become so desperate so they rush us with regults, glaug, the powered suits, TV Q-raus, etc.

Oh yes, the spartan and the reactive armor! (again, I take it that VF-0D is already in the agenda)

...yeah, and who's gonna buy repaints of the VF-11B...

i remember hearing some people here would want a Pink Pecker and/or Milia...

I acually prefer M7 VF-11C colors to M+ VF-11B colors.

really?... even if the VF-11C has that "bland" look the Max/Kaki TV 1A have?... :)

+1 on the M&M 22s

Edited by m0n5t3r

i remember hearing some people here would want a Pink Pecker and/or Milia...

forgot the "smiley" in my post...

my post was supposed to be sarcastic,

just like eug's post that was prior to it... shhh :p

+1 on the M&M 22s

+1 on pink peckers

Edited by honkhet

really?... even if the VF-11C has that "bland" look the Max/Kaki TV 1A have?... :)

The VF-11C color scheme always reminds me of the DYRL color schemes, i.e. white body, with black stripes and dark-ish blue FAST Packs.

I'm a sucker for the VF-11C with FAST Packs, especially in fighter mode.

Graham

:lol:

(again, I take it that VF-0D is already in the agenda)

well me too.

yamato have really yet to make full use of their Mac 0 license.

what is stopping them to release new VF-0S and VF-0A repaints with everything fixed,

i mean the VF-0 would look good in any scheme!

we have talked so much about the VF-0D,

but please dont forget about the VF-0B and VF-0C!

and then, there are those mac0 destroids defending the naval ships and the beach,

and what about the reactive armor?

yamato mac0 is far from over, to me anyways... wishful thinking...

Yeah, wonder what is keeping Yamato from doing the Reactive Armor as well. Since the GBP is such a popular item, don't see what there is none for the VF-0S...unless Yamato can foresee the shoulder won't be able to hold them LOL. But with the ver.2 shoulders, I thought things should be fixed by now(still hoping to get mine fixed through Overdrive). A set of Reactive Armor would be really cool. Definitely get a set.

I would be all over an M7 M&M VF-22 and also a VF-11C. I acually prefer M7 VF-11C colors to M+ VF-11B colors.

But here's an interesting question to you Graham, considering Yamato has stayed away from the M7 series all this while because we were assuming Bandai always had the M7TV license....but now Yamato's going into M7D 1st. Is this because of the readily available mould of the YF-21 which needed minor retooling, or they only have clearance to make toys from M7D but not from M7TV? Just wondering if M7 M&M and VF-11Cs can be highly possible future releases? And can we finally get a VF-19 Kai and VF-17s???

forgot the "smiley" in my post...

my post was supposed to be sarcastic,

just like eug's post that was prior to it... shhh :p

+1 on the M&M 22s

+1 on pink peckers

ohhh, now i see it... your post was supposed to be an addendum... well, eugimon's post was sooo loaded w/ sarcasm, s'why i probably missed it... :p

re: pink peckers... they could do a 3-pack so you'd get the whole squad in one go... :D

Edited by m0n5t3r

The VF-11C color scheme always reminds me of the DYRL color schemes, i.e. white body, with black stripes and dark-ish blue FAST Packs.

I'm a sucker for the VF-11C with FAST Packs, especially in fighter mode.

Graham

Aye, same here too. Much prefer the VF-11C colors, or even the VFX2 colors over the M+ colors. The fact that there's a VF-22 gives me hope that there'll be a repaint of the VF-11 soon! =)

But here's an interesting question to you Graham, considering Yamato has stayed away from the M7 series all this while because we were assuming Bandai always had the M7TV license....but now Yamato's going into M7D 1st. Is this because of the readily available mould of the YF-21 which needed minor retooling, or they only have clearance to make toys from M7D but not from M7TV? Just wondering if M7 M&M and VF-11Cs can be highly possible future releases? And can we finally get a VF-19 Kai and VF-17s???

Not allowed to say yet whether Yamato have both MD7 and M7 licence.......wait and see.

Bandai have always put pressure on BW not to licence out M7 to other parties, even after Bandai's licence expired.

To be honest, Yamato was previously not that interested in M7/MD7, despite me telling them for years to go for it.

If Yamato has M7 licence, then yes, M&M VF-22 & VF-11C would be easy candidates, as only minimal retooling is required.

VF-17 & VF-19Kai/F/S/P are a whole different kettle of fish.

Despite what many people think, the VF-19Kai/F/S/P would need nearly all new tooling (99%). I think about the only parts they share with in common with the YF-19 may be the hands, upper arms and gunpod (F/S only).

Graham

This is getting interesting, and increasingly unaffordable! I was waiting for the M&M VF-1s 1/60 v2 (the 1/48 pair is at discount prices but, honestly I cannot afford the space and a new scale), and now there is this slight chance for a VF-22 M&M!?!

...what a sweet and sour Macross renaissance!

Given how they are reluctant to do Spartan but they did the VF-11B, I have high hopes that they have a plan for the VF-11Cs already.

So they must have the M7 license! ^_^

Now the question remains, is that why they have the license, are they willing to issue a certain model. Just like the spartan case.

Despite what many people think, the VF-19Kai/F/S/P would need nearly all new tooling (99%). I think about the only parts they share with in common with the YF-19 may be the hands, upper arms and gunpod (F/S only).

Graham

I suspect most people either don't notice the details, or chalk the differences up to the style of the animators or something. But, ja, while the basic shape and transformation are the same, the individual pieces are shaped differently. The production version VF-19's are heavier looking. Bulkier. Plus the different wings for the Blazer Valkyrie.

Still, I'd love a VF-19P. Definitely my favourite variation of the 19 design. Unfortunately, it's possibly the least likely design for Yamato to produce. Seems to be the case for all my favourites.

At the price the VF-22 and VF-11 are selling for I don't know if I can afford repaints. A tighter and more durable V/YF-19 would be on my list though. Think I will break out the modeling glue and fix all those seams that are coming apart on my 19 this week.

Like everybody else I'm not buying another YF-19 until it is reworked, so that you could call it ver. 1.5 or 2.0.

And with the YF-19 in mind, I am not sure I should be happy or sad that Yamato might get a chance to make VF-19.

the "yet" and the absence of "or not" at the end gives me a measure of hope... ^_^

To inject a useless grammatical non sequitur, the "or not" that people often use with "whether" is actually redundant, since "whether" already implies "yes or no". Hope this doesn't dampen your hopes. ;)

Here's hoping it's a "yes". I look fervently forward to hordes of VF-22s. :D

Edited by Penguin

Well - what would be the point of making us wait to hear that Yamato DOESN'T have the license? :)

I see Basara in the future.

Look at it this way: What else are they going to do?

I mean - Macross Zero only has the OD - that's it. They could re-tool and renew some of their other products, but they need to do something "totally new" as well.

Macross 7 would make perfect sense.

Can't wait for Mylene's valkyrie :)

Pete

I mean - Macross Zero only has the OD - that's it. They could re-tool and renew some of their other products, but they need to do something "totally new" as well.

Pete

Are you looking for a 1/60 Mig 29 or F-14?... perhaps the Cheyenne Destroid?

Guess I am falsely assuming that the totally new is related to Macross Zero.

Will end up with the VF-22 but will pass on the new 19s until there is a serious discount.

I really wish the blue and orange repaints had been the test flight versions.

Have to wonder why we got the VFX 19 in the GN-U figures but not the 1/60?

one more thing to think about a possible M7 license is that the VF-11B got designed with the ejecting canopy a feature that was only seen in the VF-11C in M7

Good point, the ejection pod wasn't introduced before we saw the VF-11C in M7. There was no need for Yamato to include it since it had nothing to do with M plus but yet they did. Maybe to be on the safe side should they get the rights to make a 11C.

If they do make the VF-11C i hope it comes with two sets of Fast packs, normal and atmospheric.

Edited by thankheaven

Well - what would be the point of making us wait to hear that Yamato DOESN'T have the license? :)

I see Basara in the future.

Look at it this way: What else are they going to do?

Macross 7 would make perfect sense.

Can't wait for Mylene's valkyrie :)

Pete

If they have the license they are probably trying to decide what will be profitable and what won't. The VF-22 Gam and YF-19 repaints are probably just to wet the appetite and test the waters. If anything happens it will probably be announced in the fall or next year after they see how these sell. Same thing with the VF-11B and variants. Still I can't help but be excited.

Edited by logos

I didn't realise that Bandai's grip on M7 expired and was not renewed. In fact, Graham's post just makes me believe even more so that Yamato does in fact have the new license, although drastically new sculpts may still be a a while away.