What mecha would you pilot?

Ok imagine that you were given a chance to pilot any type of mecha, but you had only one choice, and that would be your mecha for life, what would you choose?

Sure all types of mecha have their pros and cons. mostly the pro is that... you're piloting a moth*#@fu*#*ng mecha, what more can you frackin want??? :blink:

As for the cons...

Macross Valkyries -- well, we are in MW after all, so the first instinct is the valkyrie. sure it's fast and you get to do an Itano circus every now and then, but you're pretty vulnerable as a valkyrie pilot (well, if you're not someone named Hikaru Ichijo, of course). You can get easily shot down, you don't have ample protection, and even a battroid isn't all that powerful (sheesh, if an unarmored breetai can rip it apart...).

Evangelion -- relatively one of the most powerful mecha there is, and as Ikari Yui said, as long as you're inside the eva, you'll survive anything. but then again, whatever the mecha feels, you feel too. ouch. and all the time you're piloting it, you're immersed in this primordial soup that fills up your lungs. yech. and not to mention, you have to contend with all the psycho drama that comes with knowing that your mother's soul is pretty much the thing running your mecha.

RahXephon -- ummm... almost the same as above? ;) i kid, i kid. :p

Gurren Lagann -- possibility of piloting a mecha as big and powerful as

an entire frickin galaxy

? Check! but what happens to you when you're utterly depressed and low-spirited? uh oh. (and admit it, wouldn't you be depressed if your mecha looks like the Lagann??)

Mazinger Z -- pretty cool mecha actually, but sooner or later your voice is gonna run out after shouting "rocketo punch" and "breasto fire" over and over again. then whatcha gonna do? and as dr. hell showed in the mazinkaizer oav, it's actually sooo easy to defeat you. just reach out for the the jet pilder and pull it out.

Any of those combining robots (i.e. , getter. combattler v, voltron) -- actually pretty cool to pilot one of these too. that is, if you happen to be piloting the head part. the feet or leg parts? not so fun.

Gundam -- piloting a gundam is like buying a top-of-the line notebook computer.... after two weeks, a better model comes out, and your treasured computer is pretty much old news.

Escaflowne -- hmmm.... nah. just... nah.

Aquarion -- ok, i might actually go for this one... if my co-pilots were hot chicks. but if i'm partnered with guys, i'm out.

Ideon -- awesome power, but maybe not so good if everyone ends up dead. :p

I'm forgetting a lot of others here, though. there's just too many. :p

Seriously now, before, my choice would more or less be narrowed down to Gundam for real robots and Mazinger for super robots. But now, i'm going for Gurren Lagann. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Macross: Valkyries.

Mospeada: Legioss (Alpha Fighter) and Tread (Beta Fighter).

Anything from MOSPEADA would be good, but as anyone who knows me won't be surprised to hear, it has to be a variable bike.

MOSPEADA Blowsperior or any other MOSPEADA.

Otherwise, Motoslave (Hurricane or Typhoon) from Bubblegum Crisis.

If not those, then a Garland from Megazone 23.

Love the idea of a mecha I can ride around on a daily basis, as opposed to needing a field to land in.

What about the GBP-1S armored VF-1?

Armored up the ying-yang. Has missiles to cover your backside.

And when all else fails, you can break off the armor and still have the variable fighter.

Barring that, the YF-21:

* Dual-wielding guns,

* Cool and unique design,

* And if I'm going down, I taking down my enemy and going out in a blaze of glory.

Anything from MOSPEADA would be good, but as anyone who knows me won't be surprised to hear, it has to be a variable bike.

MOSPEADA Blowsperior or any other MOSPEADA.

Otherwise, Motoslave (Hurricane or Typhoon) from Bubblegum Crisis.

If not those, then a Garland from Megazone 23.

Love the idea of a mecha I can ride around on a daily basis, as opposed to needing a field to land in.

E=X Garland.

Hahaha, Raven and Shadower beat me to it. Garland all the way. I yet have to see a mecha that blows me away like the Garland did when I was a kid.

Second would be the Q-Rau only because it can't transform in bike mode. Hmm, come to think of it I think I could design a Rau that transforms into a bike... To the drawing board! (Batman cut music here).

For space battles it would be the Hi Nu Gundam

Powerful gundam with hyper bazooka, a beam rifle and 6 attack veniers that can act as a shield generator and mega plasma cannons

For ground assault

It would be the Blade Liger Leon Ver.

Shields. two hyper blades double sets of boosters, belly plasma lauchers, 2 particle cannons a set of laser cannons claws teeth what else could you add for destructive power!!!!

Teehee

post-4512-1234242050_thumb.jpg

Super Robot: Gunbuster

Real Robot: Tactical Armor Type 17 Raiden (Gasaraki) or ARX-7 Arbalest (Full Metal Panic!)

Macross: YF-19

Gundam: MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam or RX-93 Nu Gundam

no Fair, I didn't know we could have conditions!

well in that case.

for a super robot I'm sticking with big O

unless I don't get the butler and the android chick with it, then I'm going with big Duo

for Real robot: AV-X0 "Zero" from Patlabor

for macross: YF-21 if I can't use an original design

and for Gundam I'm going with Nobel Gundam just for the novelty of having a chick gundam :lol:

Macross

Always damn hard to choose just one. Keeping in mind that I could choose differently on any given day, today I'd go with the VF-25S Messiah

Gundam

As everyone is no doubt aware of my endlessly repeated love for Gundam 0080 War In The Pocket, what other Gundam could I possibly choose other than the RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex? :)

Five Star Stories

When I'm in one of those rare moods to go all uber-awesome-psycho-mega-ultra-powerful with my mecha, I suppose the Junchoon would do. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age :)

post-114-1234245345_thumb.jpg

post-114-1234245436_thumb.gif

post-114-1234245528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr March

Macross

Always damn hard to choose just one. Keeping in mind that I could choose differently on any given day, today I'd go with the VF-25S Messiah

Gundam

As everyone is no doubt aware of my endlessly repeated love for Gundam 0080 War In The Pocket, what other Gundam could I possibly choose other than the RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex? :)

Five Star Stories

When I'm in one of those rare moods to go all uber-awesome-psycho-mega-ultra-powerful with my mecha, I suppose the Junchoon would do. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age :)

Well since we are going that route

Super Robot I know I should pick Ideon cause it destroy a universe but I really like how GaofighGar looks

Macross VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP

real robot : Escaflowne

Gundam you already know