Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

The 1/55 from Toynami seems to be in limbo. I've inquired several times about them without getting any dates. The VF-1S and VF-1J hasn't arrived. I hear this morning (when picking up the Lancers) that the 1/55 release is delayed until closer to the end of the year. Go figure....(Time to email George Sohn directly....)

-K

The 1/55 from Toynami seems to be in limbo. I've inquired several times about them without getting any dates. The VF-1S and VF-1J hasn't arrived. I hear this morning (when picking up the Lancers) that the 1/55 release is delayed until closer to the end of the year. Go figure....(Time to email George Sohn directly....)

-K

Aww, man. Lame. I hope we don't need to buy imports.

I think i'll be getting these 1/100 series, instead of yamato 1/60, I hope they also make VF 1s so they could stand side by side with the newer Valkyrie designs. They'll probably look great next to my konig monster by yamato.

I think it's fair to say that no other toy company does 'miniature' better than Bandai.. check out their 'High complete model progressive' gundams, which are almost miraculous in their precision and detail. (I'm not a fan of tiny toys, I prefer big, myself.) There's no question that Bandai *could* make all these VF100 toys perfectly-transforming. However, that would raise the price, and would probably eliminate some of the more exotic entries, like VF-4.. even Bandai is less likely to risk making a high-priced toy of an obscure design, since not many people will buy it. (Although Bandai does sometimes take that risk.. witness the metal FIX zetaplus that they're developing.)

I realize that if perfectly-transforming is your *thing*, no excuse will satisfy you (I have some toy hangups myself, so I can definitely sympathize). However, for me, if they manage to make these parts-formers fairly sturdy and stable in each mode (and that's a big *if*) I'm willing to sacrifice perfect transformation in order to get some oddball designs made into toys.

The pic on the first page of this thread says more than a thousand words. The VF-4 is planned along with a bunch of other valkyries throughout the different Macross series. :)

I've got mixed feelings on it until I see the final product, especially with the parts-swapping transformation on the VF-25.

Wow (in a bad way). I'm sorry, but if that's all it comes with in terms of accessories, I think that little guy won't sell well if they still want $50 for them. It doesn't look horrible, but at the same time it doesn't look better than the model kit IMO. Definite pass for me and a horrible choice to start off the line...

Thanks for the pics again Graham. I am liking the sculpt on this. I think they have done a great job and I will be picking up at least a few of these. So IMO, the 1/100 and the 1/72 are on and the 1/60 is still looking off. oh well, cant win them all. Definitley an exciting time to collect macross figures.

Despite it having the same leg/hip/crotch placement as the 1/60 it's looking much better. I'll be keeping an eye on how it develops.

you know what, it's the angle the crotch is at, it's more verticle and it makes the legs sit lower.

It doesn't look any more vertical to me than some of the other 1/60 VF-25 pictures. Being the case, I don't see how that would have helped it make the legs sit lower even if the crotch was angled more vertical. If anything, having it be more vertical should make it appear even more squat as the legs would sit higher. The pose might be helping this 1/100 appearance-wise, but it does appear to look less hunched and have slimmer legs and an overall slimmer build.

It doesn't look any more vertical to me than some of the other 1/60 VF-25 pictures. Being the case, I don't see how that would have helped it make the legs sit lower even if the crotch was angled more vertical. If anything, having it be more vertical should make it appear even more squat as the legs would sit higher. The pose might be helping this 1/100 appearance-wise, but it does appear to look less hunched and have slimmer legs and an overall slimmer build.

I what I mean, is that the whole part that connects the crotch to the body is angled out less, so the crotch is lower and the torso is longer. even thought he hips meet the crotch at the same point, it's overall lower. and obvously the legs ar skinnier. maybe even too skinny.

Nice proportions on this VF-25. I am really surprised to see all the detail in the feet given it's size. I really do hope they decide to make the full line of VF-25s and the VF-27 and not just one version.

My wallet is eager to contribute to this purchase. Even if it does turn out to be a partial parts-former.

Thanks for the scan, Graham.

It's looking nice. I'm guessing the 15 cm (for my American friends: 5.9 inches) represents the total length of either the upright battroid or the fighter? Hope someone with JP knowledge can confirm this from the article. If that's so, the toy will be slightly taller than the revoltechs and more or less comprable to the GNU's size.

I'm kind of concerned about landing gear given the size, I'm assuming that's going to be a part-swap, I just have a hard time visualizing an actual functional landing gear with a product of this size, but please Bandai... don't put plain struts or anything like that lol.

That is a great sculpt! I love the proportions. My wallet is screaming in terror!!! After watching episode 24 of frontier though all I can think about is that new white and gray NUNS VF-171 battroid!!! I sure hope they will make that one too.

Edited by miriya