Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

IMO, based on the latest pic, the 1/100 definitely looks better than the 1/60 in battroid mode, although the leg placement is also too high.

I'm still a little scared by all the small swapable parts though.

Can't wait to see the 1/100 VF-171. Hope we get both standard and EX versions.

Graham

:edit:

nevermind.

I think i'm not going to bother, the parts swap is going to be a pain in the arse, and i'll probably be more happy with a chunky 1/60... :/

Atleast it will look in scale with the others... i guess.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:edit:

nevermind.

I think i'm not going to bother, the parts swap is going to be a pain in the arse, and i'll probably be more happy with a chunky 1/60... :/

Atleast it will look in scale with the others... i guess.

Honestly, I don't think the parts swapping makes it looks significantly better than the 1/60 and certainly not as good as the 1/72 model. Therefore, I don't think the parts swapping can be justified IMO any longer...

Notice the sigh behind the battroid says "Feb. VF-25F and"

I'd love to know what is after the 'and', but the battroid is blocking the sign.

Anyway, this is definitely looking better than the DX. I may just have to buy 3, to keep permanetly in the three modes, so I don't have to mess about with the small parts.

Graham

Notice the sigh behind the battroid says "Feb. VF-25F and"

I'd love to know what is after the 'and', but the battroid is blocking the sign.

Anyway, this is definitely looking better than the DX. I may just have to buy 3, to keep permanetly in the three modes, so I don't have to mess about with the small parts.

Graham

Wish granted...I think...

http://www.geocities.jp/toybu0210/EVENT/MA...SSyokohama.html

If you look close, you can see that it is "stand", not "and". Disappointing. But lots of other cool stuff on that page, including some armor shots in one pic! Though I think it's the DX not the 1/100 that has the armor.

Edited by protostar8

Wish granted...I think...

http://www.geocities.jp/toybu0210/EVENT/MA...SSyokohama.html

If you look close, you can see that it is "stand", not "and". Disappointing. But lots of other cool stuff on that page, including some armor shots in one pic! Though I think it's the DX not the 1/100 that has the armor.

Whoever pulled out (or put in) the nose landing gear was absolutely clueless.

MClive20.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

I'm wondering if the front landing gear strut has actually snapped in that 1/100 fighter mode pic.

My thought was almost the same, until I thought about the possibility that it's on a little peg and person didn't use any force to stick it in, and it just slid off the hole while on the ground. I have had something similar happen before.

Could just be a painted resin sculpt, so it would be quite fragile.

Graham

I'm just being a smarty-pants, don't mind me. ;) That thought had occurred to me, as well as the possibility that it didn't get plugged in right.

It's certainly looking better than its fatty big brother in any case.

It's an extremely fugly design that just doesn't fit in with the Macross design aesthetic IMO.
Agreed. The Metal Siren is the fugliest valk ever designed. Looks like some kind of blocky Gundam/Macross hybrid for some generic sci fi show. The VF-2J(whatever) and VF-2SS are beauty queens in comparison.

The 1/100 VF-25 looks good. The canopy is too blue for my liking, however. And wtf, no cockpit?! O_o I understand the size of these things is tiny, but still, they could add SOMETHING to resemble a pilot, seat, etc in it.

On a brighter note I guess that is confirmation that we get a stand!

considering there's a word after stand, and the fact that there is no "with" or "w/" on that sign I thing what it says is "VF-25F stand alone." which I think means there will be super and/or armor parts, but it won't be coming with them first run.

Yeha, even the little 1/144's have detailed cockpits.

but those are kits, they don't have to paint and assemble the tiny little cockpit on it, you do.

Edited by anime52k8

Looking pretty sweet. I hope the production versions has all the markings tampo printed.

Graham

Agreed. As far as I am concerned, Bandai can keep these if they are not tampo printed up the wazoo. Every marking should be tampo printed right down to the no step markings and they should be panel lined as well. If Bandai can detail the crap out of the Gundam Fix Figuration line they can do the same for Macross. Granted a GFF style Macross line may not be the point of these, but I for one am still holding out hope that is exactly what we will get.