Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Yes, please bring on the obscure Valkyries. I've been waiting for those other one for ages. Not more VF-1 please.

Actually does anyone know what license Bandai has for VF100s, do they have the license for Macross+ and others?

On the announcement they had Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Frontier, and Macross II. The VF-4 was listed amongst the different valkyries.

VF-25 is significantly bigger than the VF-1, and these might come with stands too.

Okay, the Toynami ones come with a kick ass stand, missiles, armor, and are PT for $25. I don't care if the VF-25 is bigger, it shouldn't be more than $30, should include armor and a stand. Bandai is just f-ing greedy b/c they have a licensed monopoly on the market.

Okay, the Toynami ones come with a kick ass stand, missiles, armor, and are PT for $25. I don't care if the VF-25 is bigger, it shouldn't be more than $30, should include armor and a stand. Bandai is just f-ing greedy b/c they have a licensed monopoly on the market.

Well then it's your prerogative to not buy the toys by Bandai.

Personally, I'll pay more if Bandai's products are of higher quality than Toynami's toys. Toynami's toy is okay but not exactly great. Btw, the Super packs did not come bundled with Toynami's toy.

We still don't know exactly what price it'll be and exactly what accessories Bandai's product will or will not come with so it's a little early to get all worked up.

Edited by Vifam7

Well then it's your prerogative to not buy the toys by Bandai.

Personally, I'll pay more if Bandai's products are of higher quality than Toynami's toys. Toynami's toy is okay but not exactly great. Btw, the Super packs did not come bundled with Toynami's toy.

We still don't know exactly what price it'll be and exactly what accessories Bandai's product will or will not come with so it's a little early to get all worked up.

Actually, only Wave's 1 and 2 lacked Super/Strike packs. Wave 3 included them. On Ebay, you could get the super/strike version for $25 (often shipped for that price). Not sure now, haven't looked recently. And the quality on these was great aside from an issue with the shoulder breaking (but didn't actually inhibit it in any way) and the peg holes being hard as hell to get to fit correctly with the other parts. Overall, it's basically a great, cheap toy! Plus it was perfect transformation on top of it all.

Since Bandai has yet to show any kind of armor, etc. in any pics and even had a Luca and a Michael on display, I'm doubting they come with super armor. They may be saving those for later (like they did with the model kits), but I'll probably just hold out and buy the models anyway.

Edited by protostar8

Technically Toynami's "Wave 3" of the 1/100s was the stand alone armors. Wave 4 will come with the DYRL armor pack (and I pray it will also come with improved missile connectors). I paid less than $60 shipped (each) for both waves when they were released and I think the armors cost me less than $10 each shipped so the price point is definitely low.

It's simply way to soon to try to come up with any comparison between these products, it wouldn't really be appropriate until we're handling Bandai's effort at the 1/100 VF-1. In the meantime the Toynami 1/100s are cheap in every sense of the word but they can also be pretty fun and at near knock-off prices they're pretty much the best bang for your buck in the Macross toy universe.

Speaking of Wave 3 when are they going to be released?

I doubt even Toynami knows the answer to that question. (wave 4)

Edited by jenius

Found this on 4chan...

Is it the same line? Are these model kits?

Btw... Think I saw VF-171 in the card in the left part of the photo... :blink:

Yes this is the 1/100 series. No they are not model kits but transforming toys which require parts swapping.

The VF-171 is one of the many different VFs that will be released in the line.

Technically Toynami's "Wave 3" of the 1/100s was the stand alone armors. Wave 4 will come with the DYRL armor pack (and I pray it will also come with improved missile connectors). I paid less than $60 shipped (each) for both waves when they were released and I think the armors cost me less than $10 each shipped so the price point is definitely low.

It's simply way to soon to try to come up with any comparison between these products, it wouldn't really be appropriate until we're handling Bandai's effort at the 1/100 VF-1. In the meantime the Toynami 1/100s are cheap in every sense of the word but they can also be pretty fun and at near knock-off prices they're pretty much the best bang for your buck in the Macross toy universe.

I doubt even Toynami knows the answer to that question. (wave 4)

Right you are. My bad on that one. Forgot that they called the armor sets wave 3. And you're probably right about Toynami not knowing when they'll be released.

Maybe it is a little too early for me to be drawing comparisons. All I'm saying is that the models, which are bigger and near PT and look better, should be more expensive than the 1/100's. I'm still curious to see a price tag on these...

Don't see it happening anytime soon. The last thing a company would want is for their own internal lines to compete amongst each other, which is why they have a 60 scale, 100 scale, and the 72 scale to maximize the milking of Frontier, different toys for different crowds and tastes (though the average MWF user will probably buy all 3 :p).

I could be wrong though, and anything is possible. Bandai does have Gundam figures that compete with their models, like the MSIA and GFF lines.

The 1/100's are looking like they'll be a good 'bang for your buck' purchase. The quality looks good, and on first glance I honestly can't see the diff between this and the 1/60 VF-25. (except the canopy, but no big deal)

I'm looking forward to this line, with VF-0's, VF-171's and 19's etc on the way i think it will be a good collect them all type of line. If they come in at under $50 and if the TF franchise QC stays at the 'McMeal' level then this is one line I will definatley be spending big on.

Wake me up when they get to Mac II.

I'm totally with you on that. We're sort of screwed either way because if they had not started with Frontier, the probably would have done the VF-1. And we all know there is hardly anything of the VF-1 out there. :rolleyes:

My hypothesis on the order is that it's going to be:

VF-25(s) (dur...) > VF1-71 > VF-1 > V(Y)F-19 > V(Y)F-22, VF-4 > everything else

Since Frontier is still fresh in everyone's mind and with the movie on the way, they'll probably want to get all of those out first. The classic VF-1 is next because it's a safe bet. The Plus valks are pretty iconic by now, so that's another safe bet for them. I don't have high hopes for a near future release of the M2 valks. The Macross 2 logo is prominently displayed in that original announcement, but I don't see a VF-2SS imprinted in red anywhere, so I'm guessing it's not on their priority list.

I would love to see the VF-2SS in all of its non-canonical beauty or the VF-4, but I have found Japanese toy manufacturers (in particular the more famous ones) to be fairly risk averse. They will of course try and milk stuff they know people will gobble up instantly (for instance... most collectors have a whole squadron of Yamato VF-1's by now), instead of taking a risk with a relatively unproven design like the VF-4, which I will admit that in terms of aesthetics is pretty hit or miss. At this point in toy-history, I would rather just see something unique rather than just another VF-1.

But hopefully I'm wrong and Bandai will use this chance to bring to market some of these more esoteric valks.

which raises the question what the f were they thinking with the DX trolley wheels?????????????

they were thinking, "hey, how are we supposed to fit folding landing gear in that small a bay"