Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

HAHA!! even the tiny 1/100 has better landing gears than the 1/60

a toy with swappable unpainted landing gear should not cost 40 USD

The landing gears will likely be painted in the final product. This one is a test shot model says the article.

A non-swapping landing gear would be near impossible at this scale. Even the best 1/72 diecast F-14 Tomcat model comes with swappable landng gears.

Edited by Vifam7

Wow. Pass, sadly... WTH Bandai? Between this and the 1/60 Bandai has officially failed the Macross Toy line. This does not even have all of the painted details of the VF-25. So it's going to require stickers?

And I really thought Bandai would nail these. Sigh...

Wow. Pass, sadly... WTH Bandai? Between this and the 1/60 Bandai has officially failed the Macross Toy line. This does not even have all of the painted details of the VF-25. So it's going to require stickers?

And I really thought Bandai would nail these. Sigh...

Test shot model. Not representative of the final product which is likely to be fully detailed and tampo printed.

Nexx Stalker wrote:

Truer words could never have been written. As proof, I give you the VF-3RKL:

2rxbdbs.jpg

Now that would be one heck of a painjob - if someone can photoshop the 1:60 DX into Erkel colors :)

Pete

Shouldn't that be Family Matters version?

This is going to make me sound like a negative Nancy, but here it goes:

50+ bucks for that small little thing, which is even more deformed than the 1/60, and has more than a dozen parts which have to be swapped in order for it to "transform"?

Easy pass. Maybe for 20$, but not more. Rather get a 1/60 Luca or Michel for three of those little guys.

Still getting the VF-4 though, regardless how it looks like. :3

This is going to make me sound like a negative Nancy, but here it goes:

50+ bucks for that small little thing, which is even more deformed than the 1/60, and has more than a dozen parts which have to be swapped in order for it to "transform"?

Easy pass. Maybe for 20$, but not more. Rather get a 1/60 Luca or Michel for three of those little guys.

Still getting the VF-4 though, regardless how it looks like. :3

Good points but consider the megahouse ride armors. Those are even more expensive and we shell out. It is all relative. The more I see this, the more I like it. I much prefer it to the 1/60 sulpt thus far. I agree that it is too much money and the ride armors too but still my addiction prevails!@

I would say that this is actually quite competitive-- for the same price as a 1/72, you get something that is 3/4 the size, but doesn't require assembly, painting etc. Quite alot of people would go for this, I think-- and the fact that they will make ALOT of the VFs from other series as well all in this scale is a pretty big draw.

you can add that it's 50+ and it doesn't come with armor...the thing had armor on all 25 episodes!

Yea well, its Bandai-- they can release 4-5 Gundam kits from exactly the same mould, just in different colours! I'm not too surprised that they are drawing out the releases, with the clean config first, then super, then armour. If you are looking for the armoured or super versions, just be patient! They will come!

Looking good. I like what I see and the price is not too bad.

Overall, the proportions in all three modes lok peter than the 1/60 DX IMO.

Hopefully, the finished product will have full tampo printed markings.

My only concern is that in the second picture that Mickayesou posted above, the gunpord appears to be warped. I hope it is not PVC.

Can't wait to see the vF-171 in this line.

Graham

i dont think the gunpod is wonky, its just the arm behind it and the lower split half that gives that impression. The nose landing gear on the other hand.... Woah nelly!!!! just look at the nose on pic OMG!

I really hope thats just a case of 'peg not inserted into hole' correctly (no 'that what she said' jokes please)

Edited by vermillion01

The location of the hip joint seems high, like the 1/60 scale version. <_<

Why can't they make it more like the 1/72 model hip location?

Well, at least there is some neck there for the head to stick out, unlike the 1/60. A good thing.

I suspect the choice of the hip placement has to do with durability and ease of production, which is why Bandai went with this simpler design over the model kit's swing bar. Its nice to see that the engines no longer hang underneath the shield in fighter mode, which is a big turn off for the 1/60 (which I'm hoping is just improper placement of the whole leg/engine assembly)

I suspect the choice of the hip placement has to do with durability and ease of production, which is why Bandai went with this simpler design over the model kit's swing bar.

Except that the crotch doesn't transform and is instead replaced by a battroid only crotch, so durability isn't a major concern <= no moving parts.

Except that the crotch doesn't transform and is instead replaced by a battroid only crotch, so durability isn't a major concern <= no moving parts.

As I wrote a few pages back, it's most likely a necessity caused by the need to make the legs spread in the now de rigueur Y-stance. You'll notice that the 1/72 model (which has the hips in the correct position) can't make the Y-stance. As this is an action figure and not a model, posability most likely comes before strict lineart adherence.

As I wrote a few pages back, it's most likely a necessity caused by the need to make the legs spread in the now de rigueur Y-stance. You'll notice that the 1/72 model (which has the hips in the correct position) can't make the Y-stance.

Not sure what you mean. Is this the Y-stance? On the model the joints can slide out to provide more space for the intakes. No high tech solution. Just a peg and a hole.

th_mf01_60.jpg

edit: hotlinks to pics did not work

Edited by SDF-ONE

Not sure what you mean. Is this the Y-stance? On the model the joints can slide out to provide more space for the intakes. No high tech solution. Just a peg and a hole.

s_mf01_60.jpg

The Y-stance is basically standing with the legs spread apart (think upside down Y) . Pretty much all the Revoltech robot figures stand in that style. The ability to spread the legs allows for more dynamic and cool looking poses.

I really hope the plastic isn`t like the FIX.

Well, the prototype suffers from Gashapon disease so I think it is FIX-style unfortunately. I don't want to spend $50 on something that has Gashapon disease like a $1 egg toy :(

These things should be HCMPro or SHCMPro quality, no less.

Vostok 7

I read a while back they would be ABS and POM. Just like the HCM-pro, right?

It's been reported that the toy will be a mix of ABS, POM, and PVC. Bandai has been steadily moving away from PVC use so its use in this toy will probably be minimal. We know at least that the wings are ABS since the GA Graphic article stated that the wings are thin and sharp. I wouldn't take the gaps seen in the prototype as a sure fire sign of PVC use. I have one on pre-order so I'll be one of the first to know exactly what this toy will be like.

Good points but consider the megahouse ride armors. Those are even more expensive and we shell out. It is all relative. The more I see this, the more I like it. I much prefer it to the 1/60 sulpt thus far. I agree that it is too much money and the ride armors too but still my addiction prevails!@

For some reason, MH is an exception b/c the armor mode is gorgeous. Also, the thing only has like 5 parts that get removed if I recall correctly, and two of those are the shoulders that fit back on. I don't count the forearm weapons as those have to be removed from any rendition to be anime accurate.

Edited by protostar8

Yea well, its Bandai-- they can release 4-5 Gundam kits from exactly the same mould, just in different colours! I'm not too surprised that they are drawing out the releases, with the clean config first, then super, then armour. If you are looking for the armoured or super versions, just be patient! They will come!

And how many VF-1 toys/models have been made from the same molds?

Of all the things to hate on Bandai's Gundam kits for...

For some reason, MH is an exception b/c the armor mode is gorgeous. Also, the thing only has like 5 parts that get removed if I recall correctly, and two of those are the shoulders that fit back on. I don't count the forearm weapons as those have to be removed from any rendition to be anime accurate.

Actually, anime accurate would mean the gauntlets don't have to be removed. I'm not sure but I think the Beagle is perfect transformation.

And how many VF-1 toys/models have been made from the same molds?

Of all the things to hate on Bandai's Gundam kits for...

Chill out dude! I'm not hating on them, just stating a fact-- the reason why Bandai does so many colour variations is because they know people will buy them! The same reasoning applies with Macross-- regardless of the toy manufacturer.

Actually, anime accurate would mean the gauntlets don't have to be removed. I'm not sure but I think the Beagle is perfect transformation.

It is, but let's not forget it's also the first rendition that features PT ever, and it's quite big and hi-techie. Besides, I don't recall seeing the front shocks working as powered arms in the anime, the way they do in the Beagle toy.

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with protostar: MH Ridearmors and 1/100 VF-25's are two very different things. I don't like part swapping at all, but the Ridermors make up for the part swapping in many ways IMHO.

I read a while back they would be ABS and POM. Just like the HCM-pro, right?

I hope so. The HCMPros are worth every penny. Hopefully the Gashapon Disease and other issues we see with the prototype are just issues with the prototype (specifically if they used cheap materials).

Vostok 7

The VF-25 in 1/100 looks good to me. In those sample pictures the VF-25F looks a tad bit too white, but nothing a gundam marker won't fix. I think i'll just fill in teh panel lines and it'll look awesome.

I echo several people's point of view. NO VF-1 please!!! Bring on the other valkyries, the obscure ones especially.

I'm wondering if Bandai has the rights to the game VFs like the VA-3 Invader? This whole series may make getting the 1/100 VB-6 from Yamato worthwhile if only just to give a sense of scale!

Ha, I didn't think about this, but now at least we'll have something to pose next to our Yamato König Monsters.

Vostok 7