Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Bandai is moving away from that route, they are using PVC less and less.

I don't know. They're still making GFFs and what's the new Robot Spirit figures made of? Anyone have a Robot Spirit 00 Gundam?

This is a partsformer so Bandai may opt to use PVC in certain areas that need strength. Like the crotch and shoulder areas.

As for the price, if it is indeed 4800 yen, it's pretty much what I expected. GFF level pricing. We shall see if this will be a parts falling off mess or a nice solid toy. The reviews on the recent GFF Alex with Chobham armor gives me hope.

I don't know. They're still making GFFs and what's the new Robot Spirit figures made of? Anyone have a Robot Spirit 00 Gundam?

This is a partsformer so Bandai may opt to use PVC in certain areas that need strength. Like the crotch and shoulder areas.

As for the price, if it is indeed 4800 yen, it's pretty much what I expected. GFF level pricing. We shall see if this will be a parts falling off mess or a nice solid toy. The reviews on the recent GFF Alex with Chobham armor gives me hope.

The Damashii figs are marketed as all being non PVC, ABS and POM construction.

Not too bad. What I don't get, though, is that if you need to swap out the cratch peice then why are the legs still in the wrong spot like the 1/60??? I mean transformation has been taken out of the equation so why the wrong placement?

Chris

Not too bad. What I don't get, though, is that if you need to swap out the cratch peice then why are the legs still in the wrong spot like the 1/60??? I mean transformation has been taken out of the equation so why the wrong placement?

Chris

I was thinking the same thing.

Chris

Because they put in enough effort to get it done, but not enough to make it blow-your-pants-off fantastic. It looks good, but you ask yourself "what were they thinking?"

Quite a few swap parts. And it looks good in plane mode. The bad point, it the canopy, the windshield colour should be purply-blue.

I hope the articulation is good, not like those Gundam Fix Figure line haha. The Damashii line, gives me hope and I would get 2 of them so I can put them in with my Gundams and other 1/100s. VF-25G is definitely on my list of purchase :D

Chris

I take it as a blessing, it just means someone can modify the crotch piece to have the legs sit lower like the model kit and have it be 100% accurate.

Quite a few swap parts. And it looks good in plane mode. The bad point, it the canopy, the windshield colour should be purply-blue.

The canopy color should change as the product comes closer to release. It ought to be clear or transparent purple.

I hope the articulation is good, not like those Gundam Fix Figure line haha. The Damashii line, gives me hope and I would get 2 of them so I can put them in with my Gundams and other 1/100s. VF-25G is definitely on my list of purchase :D

I'm getting 2 as well. One for battroid mode and one for fighter mode. This way, I won't have to bother with constant parts-forming.

Wow, I've been busy with the 1/72 Bandai model kit and totally oblivious about the VF-100's. Seeing that the VF-100's has clearer picture of what will be on sale, I'm probably ditching the Macross F model kit altogether for this line. A 1/100 scale toy with 5000 yen price totally fits my budget and my house... I was quite worried that anything bigger than a 1/100 scale (anything) would cramped my house. My wife already complaints about the abundant Revoltech and Gundam model kit strewn around the place, so a 1/100 valks are just what I need.

Part swapping is a non issue for me, and what I love about the VF-100 is... Pronounced hip movement!

Edited by Midi_Amp