Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Wow, that looks WAY better than the prototype. The Gashapon Disease is gone! The sculpt looks OK to me in fighter mode (where the Chogokin DX lacks).

Vostok 7

I think the difference is mostly in the way the legs sit, which could be either a result of a) the 1/100 not having the requirement for add-on super packs or b) the legs being lighter and thus sitting higher naturally and not sagging due to the weight. Other than that, the position of the hips, the thickness of the legs, etc all point towards the Chogokin.

i actually like the fighter mode better than the dx chogokin. the nose doesn't look as impotent, the engine nascelles sit higher, landing gear look better.. and for less than half the price you really don't expect a very high level of detail anyway. this one hits the sweet spot for me.

Edited by cyde01

Thanks QuinJester.

I'm really liking the 1/100 stuff. These last couple of months I've sort of resigned myself from the want for PT Valks.

Except for a few exceptions, Battroid mode is mostly never captured properly. Add to that the bigger scale and higher price

and I find myself never wanting to mess around with a PT Valks that much.

Anyway, for the moment this line looks like a winner to me. Can't wait for the first picture of a VF-19S to arrive.

Hopefully Bandai is releasing only the VF-25 because they want to focus attention on it, and future releases of the VF100 toys will be faster/have more toys per release, or else it's gonna take forever to cover all the main mecha, not to mention all the variations. Either way, I think this is going to be my main collection, with 1/60's generally being too expensive and 1/200s being too small.

Hopefully Bandai is releasing only the VF-25 because they want to focus attention on it, and future releases of the VF100 toys will be faster/have more toys per release, or else it's gonna take forever to cover all the main mecha, not to mention all the variations. Either way, I think this is going to be my main collection, with 1/60's generally being too expensive and 1/200s being too small.

I just hope the economic slowdown around the world does not affect this line.

Does anyone recall the pace Bandai released the GFF figures?

I just hope the economic slowdown around the world does not affect this line.

Does anyone recall the pace Bandai released the GFF figures?

I actually think it might, since the 1/100s is targetted at a larger audience, which will be more affected by the economic slowdown, as compared to the market for the 1/60s, where the demand (I think) is more inelastic relative to the 1/100s. Of course, I could be completely wrong and the economic slowdown (together with the greater potential number of different VFs) may drive many of the 1/60 collectors to the 1/100 line--- but going by how the pre-orders for the 1/100 VF-25 don't seem to be filling up (granted not many stores have the pre-orders up, I'm just going by HWJ and Overdrive) this might not be very likely.

Just when I had resigned myself to stick with the 1/72 models only... economics and the sheer awkwardness of the 1/60 pretty much dictated this to me unless I could find one of the DX versions at a huge discount. Now these latest images of the 1/100 VF-25 make it look fantastic, way too good to pass up; although, at $50ish a pop they are rather pricey.

Thanks Bandai for contributing to my financial ruin :angry::rolleyes::lol:

Hate to double post, but I finally started watching MacF tonight and was wondering... has anyone planned on giving their Koenig Monsters a custom SMS paintjob to go with their 1/100 VF-25s? I'm gonna have to make up a decal sheet or something, because I finally know why I own a Koenig.

Hate to double post, but I finally started watching MacF tonight and was wondering... has anyone planned on giving their Koenig Monsters a custom SMS paintjob to go with their 1/100 VF-25s? I'm gonna have to make up a decal sheet or something, because I finally know why I own a Koenig.

I'm interested! Also, that jailbait nose art decal is available as part of the special edition VF-25F that was released some time back-- might be kind of hard trying to get one though.

Honestly I was considering repainting the spare Bandai VF-17 I found at the comic shop into a faux-VF-171 in the cool Frontier NUNS scheme.

I think what's gonna happen is I'll buy one Chogokin DX after they're released, probably Alto's, and hopefully the special armor set will still be findable... and then I'll get the whole lot in the 1/100 line to display together and with the Koenig.

Honestly I was considering repainting the spare Bandai VF-17 I found at the comic shop into a faux-VF-171 in the cool Frontier NUNS scheme.

I think what's gonna happen is I'll buy one Chogokin DX after they're released, probably Alto's, and hopefully the special armor set will still be findable... and then I'll get the whole lot in the 1/100 line to display together and with the Koenig.

Yep thats probably what I'll do as well... anyway, you can pre-order the Super Packs for Alto from various sources--if money is no object. I pre-ordered one set :p Just couldn't resist. Alternatively, just get Luca or Michael.