Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

I'm just afraid that they will miss out on things like FAST packs, etc--

I doubt that. At this smaller scale and cheaper price point, we are more likely to see more accessories and armor compared to the higher-end DX series. Look how much stuff that the Gundam HCMpro line gets compared to bigger lines like FIX Metal Composite and EMSIA.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

There are a couple of major points which make the VF100s very enticing. Like scale, proportion, poseability, and yes even price. Everyone has different standards in what they want in a toy.

For me it is the benefits given through the compromise of parts swapping:better articulation than the DX, cheaper price due to smaller scale, more accurate landing gear than the plamo(I honestly do not like the landing gear on the plamo much and am surprised that a lot of people wanted the DX to have those! VF100s gear for me! Not only more accurate, but looks better), et al.

I doubt that. At this smaller scale and cheaper price point, we are more likely to see more accessories and armor compared to the higher-end DX series. Look how much stuff that the Gundam HCMpro line gets compared to bigger lines like FIX Metal Composite and EMSIA.

That's good to know then! Still, there are some sacrifices to be made I guess. Maybe missile hatches cant open, etc.

I am stoked !!! That vf-0 looks awesome. I am looking forward to these rolling out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the 1/100 VF-0 that Yamato prototyped several years ago before they decided to switch the line to 1/60. They had just done the Konig Monster in 1/100 and were planning more in the size, but everyone hated that VF-0 prototype so Yamato switched to 1/60 for the Mac 0 valks.

I can't wait to see Bandai's take on the VF-0 in 1/100.

Vostok 7

haha i remember this thing everyone hated it so much.

oh wow.

I like the panel lining at least? XD Paintwork looks pretty sharp for a 1/100.

Unfortunately... Vertical stabs are supposed to be more splayed; legs in gerwalk look stiff and stuck forward; whats with the pegs on his shins; omggiant hinges on his upperthighs; huge hips and leg separation from fuselage; what is that mess around his front landing gear; where is the jolly rogers; why does he have skinny legs and tiny feet and teeny hands.

oh wow.

I like the panel lining at least? XD Paintwork looks pretty sharp for a 1/100.

Unfortunately... Vertical stabs are supposed to be more splayed; legs in gerwalk look stiff and stuck forward; whats with the pegs on his shins; omggiant hinges on his upperthighs; huge hips and leg separation from fuselage; what is that mess around his front landing gear; where is the jolly rogers; why does he have skinny legs and tiny feet and teeny hands.

Well, it was a prototype...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the 1/100 VF-0 that Yamato prototyped several years ago before they decided to switch the line to 1/60. They had just done the Konig Monster in 1/100 and were planning more in the size, but everyone hated that VF-0 prototype so Yamato switched to 1/60 for the Mac 0 valks.

I can't wait to see Bandai's take on the VF-0 in 1/100.

Vostok 7

Well, this will suck if true. Where can one pre-order thsese goodies ? Overdrive was sold out last I looked, and I can't find em on HLJ ...

If I remember correctly, the Koenig wasn't supposed to be the launch of a new scale, it was just the logical size to make a toy from an existing resin kit. The vf-0 was being made at 1/100 just to keep it the same size (not scale) as the existing VF-1 1/60 series. This was probably the snapping point where Yamato turned the corner and realized they should make a true 1/60 Macrossiverse.

If I remember correctly, the Koenig wasn't supposed to be the launch of a new scale, it was just the logical size to make a toy from an existing resin kit. The vf-0 was being made at 1/100 just to keep it the same size (not scale) as the existing VF-1 1/60 series. This was probably the snapping point where Yamato turned the corner and realized they should make a true 1/60 Macrossiverse.

You have a better memory than me. I can't even remember yesterday much less several years ago! :lol:

Vostok 7

Which is what made them as sucessful as they are today! The 1/60 scale, while having it's faults, is certainly working out pretty well for Yamato.

haha i remember this thing everyone hated it so much.

I really don't get how everyone can be so thrilled with the bandai 1/100's when they don't look any better then that thing.

Proof that hatred can sometimes be a good thing.

I really don't get how everyone can be so thrilled with the bandai 1/100's when they don't look any better then that thing.

Because they're durable.

Until a steel screw lodged within a thick plastic frame breaks in half that is.

....oh wait - entering sarcasm mode again...

Pete

I'm sorry but you must be blind. The 1/100 Bandai looks much better than that thing Yamato attempted. The style and proportions of the 1/100 Bandai rivals that of the 1/72 model kit. IHMO.

Ofcourse my opinion could change once I actually get it in my hands.

Edited by Vifam7

The partsforming of the Bandai allows it to be more accurate, judging from the pictures. Not only that, but the fact that Bandai is releasing a whole line of them, including VFs from every show in the franchise, is a very big pull factor-- Yamato just can't compete in this area.

That looks pretty damn good to me!

Yep! Much better than the DX. If these things are anything close to the quality of the Robots Damashii line or the HCM Pro line as people have been saying they will be, they will be worth the price for sure. Partsforming doesn't bother me at all as long as we get a highly poseable, highly accurate result and I think we will!

I hope they get to the VF-0 and SV-51 soon!!

Vostok 7

The style and proportions of the 1/100 Bandai rivals that of the 1/60 DX. IHMO.

Ofcourse my opinion could change once I actually get it in my hands.

corrected that statement for you. :rolleyes:

seriously, the 1/100 still has the same too high fat legs, the funky too tall shield, the droopy saggy legs in fighter mode and it still has a meh looking GERWALK mode (the knee articulation DOES NOT have to be that bad) that the DX has.

it's better in some areas than the DX, but the 1/72 model still looks light years better without haveing to be a partsformers.

I have to admit-- comparing the (admittedly low quality) pictures in the release and the DX-25F in my hand, I can't see a difference-- proportions wise, the 1/100 might as well be a scaled down DX. That Gerwalk mode looks very promising though, at least compared to a non-modded DX. Also, the head lasers seem to be more poseable, which is a good, though minor, point.

Edited by edwin3060

figure ou 03/09

Thanks for the posts! I noticed that they angled the back/side view nicely so that you cant see the cockpit being exposed, but if you look at it closely, you'll see that the cockpit block extends beyond the bottom of the backplate-- just like the DX and not like the 1/72 model kit. The hip placement and the back of the legs also look similar to the DX.

It's so identical to the DX, it might as well be the exact same mold, just scaled down a bit. Even the foot thrusters need to be semi-closed for a decent gerwalk standing pose.

In any case - looks great! Any word on how they plan on releasing the other valks? Will it be one valk(or type, i.e.: VF-25) a month or something?

it's better in some areas than the DX, but the 1/72 model still looks light years better without haveing to be a partsformers.

More accurate to the show yes, as for better, that depends on your taste. If the DX and VF100s were going for anime accuracy then yes the attempts are poor, but obviously they are not going for anime accuracy.

I disagree