Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Doesn't help that the subject material looks like @$$ to begin with ^_^

:lol:

Vostok 7

exactly my point, they took my least favorite valk, and made it into a poorly proportioned partsformer. at least bandai's redeemed themselves slightly with how Cool the DX quarter and EX-Gear prototypes look.

you know what the 1/100 VF-19 looks like. it looks like an LFO from eureka 7. it's got the bulky upper body, the skinny legs and the lanky arms just like them. it even has the funny looking boxy glove hands.

Not that I've heard.

Ahh well, false rumours then. It wouldn't be smart of Yamato to compete directly against Bandai i guess.

About the VF-19F: Maybe Bandai just hates Macross 7? They haven't made any good products for it that I can think of :p I just hope the fighter mode looks good.

Ahh well, false rumours then. It wouldn't be smart of Yamato to compete directly against Bandai i guess.

About the VF-19F: Maybe Bandai just hates Macross 7? They haven't made any good products for it that I can think of :p I just hope the fighter mode looks good.

The model kits for Macross 7 were considered quite nice. The 1/100 Fire Valk kit in particular has excellent anime-like proportions.

VF-19GDSC03619.jpg

(Doesn't it look nice? Not painted or anything! No, it's not my work)

Folks, it waaaaay too early to judge the form of the new VF100s Fire Valk until we see the first painted prototypes. That pic on the poster could be anything.

Wow, I think Bandai made a very bad decision to make the VF-19 the next valk to be released. This early in the line, they need to be bringing out the heavy hitters that will get lots of sales to fund the rest of the line, I don't think the VF-19 will sell that well...

Edit: Oh, and the design does look like ass. Never really liked it even though I love the YF-19.

Edited by protostar8

The model kits for Macross 7 were considered quite nice. The 1/100 Fire Valk kit in particular has excellent anime-like proportions.

VF-19GDSC03619.jpg

Folks, it waaaaay too early to judge the form of the new VF100s Fire Valk until we see the first painted prototypes. That pic on the poster could be anything.

Hopefully the finished product looks more like that then... you're right, it does look good :)

Bandai's sculpt for the model of the Kia was better looking than the toy but have always thought the metal coat version was more fitting.

The only function that would make the new 1/100 more attractive than the old model is if the shoulders open to show the speakers.

post-3784-1235324195_thumb.jpg

Looking at that poster, I would say most of my wants are covered.

Hikaru Strike, VF-4, VF-2SS, VF-11, VF-17D, and of course VF-25S w/o Armor.

Can't say I care about Basara's VF-19, but I'm sure the other variants including my favourite, the VF-19S will made... and that makes me excited.

There is only three more Valks I want for this line: VF-5000, VF-11D and SW-XA1 Schneeblume.

Looking at that poster, I would say most of my wants are covered.

Hikaru Strike, VF-4, VF-2SS, VF-11, VF-17D, and of course VF-25S w/o Armor.

Can't say I care about Basara's VF-19, but I'm sure the other variants including my favourite, the VF-19S will made... and that makes me excited.

There is only three more Valks I want for this line: VF-5000, VF-11D and SW-XA1 Schneeblume.

Which fighter is this one?? SW-XA1 Schneeblume? :unsure:

VF-19GDSC03619.jpg

The old kit did look fantastic in Battroid mode, however, the fighter mode left A LOT to be desired. Fit was horrible, it was floppy, and it just looked incomplete. I'm going to assume for now the new VF100 version looks like that so it has a good figther mode, but I'll reserve my judgement until I see more/better pics of a more final version.

Here you have more pics of it:

Thanks guys, I've seen this fighter before, but forgot what its designation number was. This is one of the best designs out there, I am suprised its never been in any of the Macross productions yet. or at least a produced model kit.

I'm saving the pics of this one so i don't forget next time!!! B))

Bummer. Well, I guess this line is going to be sales driven, so the more we buy of each release, the more chance there is of getting our personal favorite VF made.

As long as we get a VF-171, VF-2SS, VF-17, VF-27 and VF-4 made, I'll be happy.

Don't reallly care too much about any of the others on the poster, as they are mostly covered by Yamato anyway.

Graham

According to ANN:

The displayed list for Bandai's VF-100's toy line is for a future survey of what customers may want for the line. All of the designs may not be made into toys.

Pad the votes then. If you want a certain VF100, then get the Japanese consumers to push for a certain VF then. Or find some way to get Graham into Bandai's front door. :blink:

Pad the votes then. If you want a certain VF100, then get the Japanese consumers to push for a certain VF then. Or find some way to get Graham into Bandai's front door. :blink:

If my reading of Japanese fans is correct, one can definitely be sure that the VF-4 is at the top of the list. Probably followed closely by the VF-17/171 and VF-2SS.

Let's hope sales are good. That's the one thing that'll keep this line alive. I'm doing my part.

Looks like some of the design elements went into the VF-0A... Esp the head, the wings etc.

Well they do predate Zero's production by a year or two; it almost seems like the Schneeblume was adapted to become the VF-0(A).

Edited by Letigre

So does anyone know why the vf-25G is more expensive than Ozma's or Alto's? Does it come with something extra?

Chris

Edited by Dobber