Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

I used to have both Max's VF 1A and 1J 1/100 ver. under Toynami license but speaking the truth....the QC is completely sux alright ! Fortunately I sold them away thru ebay store.

Yep, hopefully the fact that Bandai canned the whole Perfect Transformation to gain more durability pays off.

I spend a lot of $$ on 1/60 toys, but 5K YEN for a partsformer abput the size of a 2K revoltech???

Granted, revys don't transform ( partsform in this case really), but they are extremely posable! Somebody probably implied it before here: assembling a complicated mechanism that transforms is VERY cost-ineffective, so including mass-produced parts in a bag and asking the consumer to do the job is much more profitable...imagine how much a finished 1/72 full-trasnformation VF-25 would cost (I am not talking about the 1/60 DX, which is pricey already and has much less parts than the plamo).

I will have to see how pretty these 1/100 come out before I can say "Bandai, here, have my 5000 Yen!"

I spend a lot of $$ on 1/60 toys, but 5K YEN for a partsformer abput the size of a 2K revoltech???

Granted, revys don't transform ( partsform in this case really), but they are extremely posable! Somebody probably implied it before here: assembling a complicated mechanism that transforms is VERY cost-ineffective, so including mass-produced parts in a bag and asking the consumer to do the job is much more profitable...imagine how much a finished 1/72 full-trasnformation VF-25 would cost (I am not talking about the 1/60 DX, which is pricey already and has much less parts than the plamo).

I will have to see how pretty these 1/100 come out before I can say "Bandai, here, have my 5000 Yen!"

Revoltech is smaller than 1/100 VF-1, which is smaller than VF-25.

(from jenius's site)

Revoltech%20VF-1%20Scale.jpg

But since not all plane on VF100 is available else where (ie..VF4) so you either take it or lose it

Edited by ntsan

I would also like to see em first. But the way the 1/60 vf25 is turning out, this may be my only feasible ( $$$ ) option. It is my understanding that this 1/100 line will also feature several different valks, correct ?

Yup. Supposedly, every single one. Look at the poster, and you'll know the ones almost definitely being released.

Yup. Supposedly, every single one. Look at the poster, and you'll know the ones almost definitely being released.

I think saying every single one is stretching it a bit. so far we have these semi-confirmed(mentioned by name on the original poster):

VF-0

VF-1

VF-4

VF-19

YF-19

YF-21

VF-27

VF-171

and at the bottom of the poster the show the logo's of the Macross shows that are licenced as part of the product line.

SDF:M

DYRL?

MacII

Mac+

Mac7

Mac0

MacF

so excluding the frontier stuff, we have no reason to believe that we'll see anything that hasn't been done in some form before with the exception of the VF-4 and some of the Mac II stuff.

it's still a pretty slim likelihood that they'll produce some of the cool but obscure valks I really wanna see like the VA-3, the VF-14, and the VF-3000.

I am personally looking forward to the VF-4, VF-171 and VF-27 the most. AND considering those have not been made before as transforming toys I would consider them to be somewhat rare although of course not neccesarily rare in terms of screen time.

Considering how much Bandai is charging for the 25's, the 1/100 line could include all the less popular mecha and still be a very good business.

I think that it will ONLY be a good business if they DO produce the less popular mecha considering the economy, the saturation of the martket for the already popular and flooded mechs and how much us fans want those rare ones.

I think that it will ONLY be a good business if they DO produce the less popular mecha considering the economy, the saturation of the martket for the already popular and flooded mechs and how much us fans want those rare ones.

Miriya makes a point. The non-existant valks are definitely gonna be more popular, because, literally, no one has them. Therefore, everyone wants them, therefore, more sales, therefore, ???, and finally, PROFIT!

stop fooling yourselves guys... you KNOW we're gonna get another VF-1, followed by another repaint of the VF-1...... :p

Well, of course. The entirety of Yamato's success is based on repaints. And, now that I think about it, Bandai's 1/144 Strike Noir HG had at least 75% of the 1/144 Strike (Non-HG)'s parts... The world is based on repaints.