Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

• 3 weeks later...
I just noticed from looking at the pics that the 1/100 VF-25 has a swivel joint just beolow the intake. That puts it one up on the 1/60 DX, which lacks a swivel joint anywhere on the legs.

Graham

Yeah but you have to remove the legs and reinsert the swively bits by the look of it, while this 1/100 certainly has the advantage on looks it seems like it will be a hassle to cart all those bitz around for transformation.

I just noticed from looking at the pics that the 1/100 VF-25 has a swivel joint just beolow the intake. That puts it one up on the 1/60 DX, which lacks a swivel joint anywhere on the legs.

Graham

It's more of an incidental thing because it's the part where you have to insert the extra bit for Gerwalk mode.

i hope these sell well and bandai sees that fans are interested in the figures so that they will also release the same figures in 1/60 or 1/72 scale like the vf-2ss, vf-27, vf-171, vf-4, etc.

i hope these sell well and bandai sees that fans are interested in the figures so that they will also release the same figures in 1/60 or 1/72 scale like the vf-2ss, vf-27, vf-171, vf-4, etc.

Ugh. With how badly the DX VF-25s came out, I sure hope not.

Now, the model kits wouldn't be a bad idea.

Vostok 7

i still think the 1/60 sales are doing well. the vf-25f looks ok and is durable. the vf-25s has a few issues that can be customized. no broken joints out of the package. the vf-25g and rvf-25 look cool. i think the 1/100's will be cool in playability and display for their size.

besides the 1/60 vf-25f and s were their first frontier releases in 1/60 scale. who says they can't return and release a modified version. yamato has done it a million times.

bring on as many valkyrie versions in 1/100 scale bandai. then release them in 1/72 and 1/60 scale. do as many scales like gundams.

i still think the 1/60 sales are doing well. the vf-25f looks ok and is durable. the vf-25s has a few issues that can be customized. no broken joints out of the package. the vf-25g and rvf-25 look cool. i think the 1/100's will be cool in playability and display for their size.

besides the 1/60 vf-25f and s were their first frontier releases in 1/60 scale. who says they can't return and release a modified version. yamato has done it a million times.

bring on as many valkyrie versions in 1/100 scale bandai. then release them in 1/72 and 1/60 scale. do as many scales like gundams.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Macross will NEVER get even close to the Gundam level of attention from Bandai. Gundam is a major cash cow. Yes, Macross is popular, but not nearly as popular as Gundam.

So as nice as it would be, don't imagine that Macross is going to be treated the same as Gundam by Bandai. I mean, look at Evangelion, that's almost as popular as Gundam and yet look how much attention it's received from Bandai compared to Gundam.

Vostok 7

i don't have a time machine and i can't tell the future. maybe it's a new year and maybe bandai wants to do things differently. maybe more attention will be placed on macross. maybe some new people were hired. maybe they see yamato releasing so much so they want to release the same amount or more. who knows and who cares? i don't work for bandai. i support both companies.

keep releasing valkyries bandai. the formula will work.

So as nice as it would be, don't imagine that Macross is going to be treated the same as Gundam by Bandai. I mean, look at Evangelion, that's almost as popular as Gundam and yet look how much attention it's received from Bandai compared to Gundam.

Vostok 7

well to be fair, amongst all of the Evangelion productions there's only about a dozen or so different mecha as apposed to Gundam which has literally hundreds of mecha (seriously, Gundams are the Pokemon of Giant Robots)

well to be fair, amongst all of the Evangelion productions there's only about a dozen or so different mecha as apposed to Gundam which has literally hundreds of mecha (seriously, Gundams are the Pokemon of Giant Robots)

I understand, but there are a few Evas they didn't do anything with. And they're not hitting the Rebirth as hard as they could.

Vostok 7

Way to judge a whole thread by the last two posts.

In true Macrossworld fashion!

Vostok 7

It seems to me that a lot of people who seem to have issue with Macrossworld lately are part of the very issues they complain about. I was pointing out that the last several posts (which make it appear as if there is 1/100 news) were off topic, which is lame. If you go to 1/100 Macross threads for discussion in Eva talk then I can see why you'd take issue with my statement.

It seems to me that a lot of people who seem to have issue with Macrossworld lately are part of the very issues they complain about. I was pointing out that the last several posts (which make it appear as if there is 1/100 news) were off topic, which is lame. If you go to 1/100 Macross threads for discussion in Eva talk then I can see why you'd take issue with my statement.

it's not REALLY off topic though, it's a discussion of bandai's history of handling various properties as a means of assessing How bandai may handle the Macross License in the near future. it's a discussion of the company that's producing these toys and speculation relating to this toy line itself so it's perfectly relevant to this thread.

so I'm sorry if you find legitimate discussion lame and addressing subjects relating to a product (such as the track record of the manufacturer) doesn't fit you're narrow definition of what's "on topic" but this IS a news AND discussion thread after all.

Edited by anime52k8

Lots of sensitive Eva fans in this thread... Eva is totally an anime, and so is Macross, I don't know why I thought it was off topic, my bad.

Hey, Bandai has a famous Gundam-favoring track record. You should see my cousin's closet. It's full of Gundam models he's collected over the years. He has but one Macross model, and it's a VF-1D GERWALK, and not even a Bandai. It's his only non-Bandai.

Lots of sensitive Eva fans in this thread... Eva is totally an anime, and so is Macross, I don't know why I thought it was off topic, my bad.

:lol: It's like I can see when your brain shut off...

Why aren't you going on about Gundam? We mentioned it MUCH more in this thread than Eva.

...And for the record, I'm not a fan of Evangelion. I purely mentioned it as an example of how Bandai handles a popular license other than Gundam, which is VERY on-topic with this thread, as Anime52k8 said.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Were the following mechs among that listed on the bandai ad?

VF-9

VF-14

VF-3000

Those along with the VF-4 and the VF-0D are the mechs that I want most. I would preffer by yamato but will be happy with bandai if they do it first. Those 5 designs are some of kawamori's most creative and beautiful.

Were the following mechs among that listed on the bandai ad?

VF-9

VF-14

VF-3000

Those along with the VF-4 and the VF-0D are the mechs that I want most. I would preffer by yamato but will be happy with bandai if they do it first. Those 5 designs are some of kawamori's most creative and beautiful.

I think at some point they are hoping to make them.

Vostok 7

Look guys the reason is very simple: Bandai fully own Gundam but don't own Eva, or may be partally own Macross. Wasn't there a rumor here that BW charge a lot to license anything Macross?

Yes, word on the street was that BW charges a comparatively large licensing fee. Maybe Yamatos recent quest to make every single paint scheme ever dreamed of in 1/60 is an attempt to saturate the market so thoroughly that Bandai doesn't go nuts with the VF-1 in 1/100 scale form? I think it would suck super hard (but be great on my wallet) if Bandai followed the VF-25 with the VF-1 and then proceeded to spend the rest of the year just milking VF-1 1/100 releases in every paint scheme.

I understand, but there are a few Evas they didn't do anything with. And they're not hitting the Rebirth as hard as they could.

Vostok 7

While you are right that there are a few Evas that were never made by Bandai, they have given Eva pretty good coverage in terms of the sheer number of toy and model lines made.

We've had three model lines for Eva from Bandai, LM, HG and one PG IIRC.

On the toy front from Bandai, we've had: HCM-Pro, SOC , SPEC, countless gashapon and wasn't there at least one GFF style figure?

Eva will probably never get as much coverage as Gundam from Bandai, despite it's popularity, as there are simply not a large number of different mecha to make. Most of the Evas are simply a head swap and repaint with different weapons.

Back on topic.

Placed my preorder for the two of the 1/100 Alto VF-25 yeserday. Looking forward to this. My only concerns are beeing able to keep track of all the small parts and whether the peg-in-hole joints will hold up over multiple transformations.

Worst case one gets displayed permanently in fighter,the other in battroid.

Graham

While you are right that there are a few Evas that were never made by Bandai, they have given Eva pretty good coverage in terms of the sheer number of toy and model lines made.

We've had three model lines for Eva from Bandai, LM, HG and one PG IIRC.

On the toy front from Bandai, we've had: HCM-Pro, SOC , SPEC, countless gashapon and wasn't there at least one GFF style figure?

Eva will probably never get as much coverage as Gundam from Bandai, despite it's popularity, as there are simply not a large number of different mecha to make. Most of the Evas are simply a head swap and repaint with different weapons.

Back on topic.

Placed my preorder for the two of the 1/100 Alto VF-25 yeserday. Looking forward to this. My only concerns are beeing able to keep track of all the small parts and whether the peg-in-hole joints will hold up over multiple transformations.

Worst case one gets displayed permanently in fighter,the other in battroid.

Graham

I hope the peg-in-hole joints hold up! I can just imagine it now, lifting up your Battroid or Gerwalk to play with it or move it, and the legs just drop off. Not a nice sight. Also, I'm not sure how well the 1/100 VF-1s would sell because at the current price they would be only 1/2 the price of the 1/60s... not really worth it IMO.

I hope the peg-in-hole joints hold up! I can just imagine it now, lifting up your Battroid or Gerwalk to play with it or move it, and the legs just drop off. Not a nice sight.

I have the EMSIA Zeta Gundam which requires a sh*tload of parts-swapping to transform into waverider form and back. Never had issues with it.

Also, I'm not sure how well the 1/100 VF-1s would sell because at the current price they would be only 1/2 the price of the 1/60s... not really worth it IMO.

There are a couple of major points which make the VF100s very enticing. Like scale, proportion, poseability, and yes even price. Everyone has different standards in what they want in a toy.

Edited by Vifam7

I have the EMSIA Zeta Gundam which requires a sh*tload of parts-swapping to transform into waverider form and back. Never had issues with it.

There are a couple of major points which make the VF100s very enticing. Like scale, proportion, poseability, and yes even price. Everyone has different standards in what they want in a toy.

Good to know about the Zeta! Hopefully the VF100s line will be as durable then.

Yep-- 1/100 is the way to go for me.. I'm planning a diorama (really more a collection) of 1/100s so my Koenig Monster can finally feel at home. I'll probably get some of the old 1/100 destroid kits as well.

Good to know about the Zeta! Hopefully the VF100s line will be as durable then.

Yep-- 1/100 is the way to go for me.. I'm planning a diorama (really more a collection) of 1/100s so my Koenig Monster can finally feel at home. I'll probably get some of the old 1/100 destroid kits as well. I'm just afraid that they will miss out on things like FAST packs, etc-- I'm not sure how well they can be done in the 1/100 scale, although Toynami's 1/100 VF-1s (for all their faults) certainly show that it is possible, at least for the VF-1.