Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Despite being parts-formers, with every new pic posted these are looking better and better than the 1/60 DX line.

Graham

Agreed. But they need to do something about that gigantic crotch of doom...Ron Jeremy is getting jealous...

That looks just like the plastic they use for injection model kits, doesn't it?

And how much are these going to cost us?

This is probably just a test shot, though - note 25F fuselage (the slots for the head lasers). They might use a different plastic on the final - compare the finishes on the Alto to this. The Alto has a smoother, glossier finish as if it had been painted, where we can clearly see that the Mikhail is bare plastic with some paint ops. Granted, we don't know which is more representative of the final product. If it were a $20 toy, I'm totally cool on the bare plastic (it's not much more than what one would spend on a Gunpla that looks pretty good without paint), but we know that these guys will run about $50 a pop. Bandai should know what a $50 toy should look like, and I think we'll get our money's worth on the final.

And how much are these going to cost us?

This is probably just a test shot, though - note 25F fuselage (the slots for the head lasers). They might use a different plastic on the final - compare the finishes on the Alto to this. The Alto has a smoother, glossier finish as if it had been painted, where we can clearly see that the Mikhail is bare plastic with some paint ops. Granted, we don't know which is more representative of the final product. If it were a $20 toy, I'm totally cool on the bare plastic (it's not much more than what one would spend on a Gunpla that looks pretty good without paint), but we know that these guys will run about $50 a pop. Bandai should know what a $50 toy should look like, and I think we'll get our money's worth on the final.

Honestly, I don't think it's a question of "IF" Bandai knows what a $50 toy should look like. It's a question of whether they will actually do what they know they should. Right now, all we get is a partformers that is inferior to the model kits. It's twice the price of Toynami's 1/100's, which for $25 you can get one with armor and a crap load of accessories that I don't see coming with that one. I think Bandai is giving us the short end of the stick on these, so I'm hoping they learn from these and release armor/missiles/stands with future molds.

Edited by protostar8

It looks fine. But the swapping parts thing is scary... I don't really like that.

The only benefit to a 1/100 VF is that it can go toe-to-toe with my MG Gundams...

Has there been a price label announced for these? Couldn't find any mention of it in thread.'

Pete

If you do, don't forget the step by step thread :) I'm we all like to see it.

sure thing, but we're gonna have to see if the conversion will prove successful :ph34r:

i'm already planning on how to make it work.

so far, it looks like the tailfins & the head will need most of the work. and the bottom of the thing is still a mystery.

i hope they come up with more detailed pics soon.

and that better not be the bendy kind of plastic they use on all their HCM's.

that would totally screw with my evil scheme. well, not by much, but it would be a PITA.

How do you feel comparing this 1/100's with the toynami's PT 1/100's?

The price tag on those was not so high, like 25 usd. I think Bandai 100's will be around the 30's usd...

Just my two cents...

Well the Toynami 1/100 is not so much of part former compare to VF-25F, but it is really about 20~25% smaller than the 1/100 Bandai VF-19 kit I got.

I probably will get it along side my 1/100 VF1 and VF-19, should look great with 1/100 VB-6 Monster!

Edited by ntsan