Questions for Yamato

Graham

Once again, pester them about 1/48 Max and Miria SUPER re-releases.

Is there a VF-0S second issue with the VF-0A/POM fixes planned?

Which SV-51 releases are planned, and when? (Ivanov, Nora, and CF?)

Is a 1/48 VF-1 Enigma scheme a possibility?

Ask them how they plan on overcoming the issues that have occured with the VF-0/YF-19 releases. Will POM be used more often as a result?

Edited by meh_cd

Off the top of my mind...

1) Can Yamato 1st issue toy releases be bought without taking dopamine?

2) Will Yamato's future minor flaws not trigger one's Tourette's Syndrom so much?

3) Will Yamato pack a separate baggie of replacement parts / fixes for their previously flawed releases on their newer releases for their international customers?

4) Will Yamato ever use anything else but plastics?

5) Will they refund my money for my VF0S and YF19?

6) Will they lower their future price points?

7) If not, can they bundle something along with the VF toys (something of a substantial perceived value, please) for collectors' spouses?

Will post more later if more Qs comes up. TIA!

Edited by Beware of Blast

Just improve the YF-19 gunpod and upper arm joint tightness. Perhaps add a lock to the torso for a second release of the YF-19 in battroid mode, like the improvment with the nosecone they did with the 1/48 VF-1. That's all I want.

Also are they gonna make a VF-19A Ravens colour scheme?

Take on the M7 licence?

Make some Valkyries in the M3 or VF-X2 line?

Thanks for doing this Graham. What I will do, if I get home in time I'll put all the requests in one post for you to print off.

Edited by kensei

Will Yamato consider a 'Quality Assured' sticker on the box? It should MEAN that the product underwent proper user testing for such issues as too-low tolerances for designed parts and materials, plus factory measures to ensure maunfacturing processes are up to par (read: over tightened screws, glue spillage, misaligned printing, missing/wrong parts etc).

The sticker should mean a no-questions asked return policy for the customer as well as the resellers. Otherwise, confidence in the brand (and all first-releases) will surely deteriorate (further).

1. I'd like to know if Yamato has plans for any more 1/48 VF-1 variants. I sure hope the Urban Camo GBP is not the last release in the 1/48 VF-1 line

2. Please remind them that fans really really really want Max & Miria reissues w/Super parts

Common guys, you are missing the 3 most important questions of them all:

1) Will Yamato make Low Vis 3: a vf-1s in gray/low vis 1 type. If for some reason this cant be done, then what about Enigma (which was mentioned by others), or better yet, see question 3.

2) Can they confirm the release of a yf-19 in low vis type color, and when (say towards the end of year would be good).

3) Any chances they make the Thunder Hummers VF-1S Armored Valkirie???

I am praying they do this one: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...002-page-25.jpg

1) Can they make VF-0S replacement parts available-- since it is no longer in production?

2) We want Max & Milia 1/48 Super rereleases

3) Can they give the yF-19 non Canon schemes or max aned Milia/ other color variations-- ditto with the VF-0S and Vf-0A

4) Will they reconsider there stance on 1/48 two seaters especially the vf-1D and Super ostrich

5) Can they stop printing Skull logos on the tailfins of non Canon releases.

6) Can they make a 1/60 VF-0D or vf-0B?

7) Could you suggest a contest where fans are allowed to vote or suggest a possible non Canon scheme for a future release.

8) Hire Tenjin Hidetaka to design their box Art

1. Why has there been lately so many quality issues?

2. a) Will they make every valk from the Macross Plus license (yf-19, yf-21, vf-11b and x-9), like they seem to be doing with the Macross zero license

b) exactly what macross licenses to they own to built toys from

c) will they try and built every valk or the most important valks of the

licenses they own or will they limit themself to just a few

d) I'd like the armored vf-11 seen in Macross 7

3. Any plans for an SDF-1?

4. Any plans for a VF-4 Lighting?

5. Exactly why are their toys so expensive, I don't buy the whole 'small pieces' thing as the lone reason for it, if they mass produce aren't they supposed to come a little cheaper, is the macross license so expensive they need to overprice their products??

6. Why can't they make some decent decals?

7. Why don't they make the Regult and other Zentradi vessels? they don't transform

8. Why is the YF-19 fast pack plan to be so expensive, 4 pieces of plastic, one tube that lights up green an a PVC figure? c'mon, really?

and most important, say thanks to them for making such cool toys for us old timers clinging on an 80's cartooon that never had the chance to owned such great toys as kids, keep up the good work, but quit overpricing their products

oh yes, I want a VF-17 as badly as Graham!

WOW - That thunder hammer get-up is SWEEEEET!!!!

Hmm - questions - lets start with a comment.

I beleive the best approach to Destroids would be a 3 pack. Yes - expensive - but a 3 pack that had a Spartan - Tommahawk - Phalanx in it would save packaging - distribution costs. If sales were enough - perhaps then a 1/60 Monster.

A Question -

With the sad outcome of the DYRL SDF-1 - could Yamato look at doing a TV version?

Fred

In order of importance:

- Is there anyway to improve first-release quality control?

-but even second releases (VF-0A) have had some issues, not quite as rock solid as the 1/48 VF-1. Can anything be done about this?

- Will there be a second run of the YF-19 with fixes?

- Are there any plans for a VF-0D release?

- Are thre any plans for a VF-11B? (Fastpacks and armour would also be cool)

- Are there any plans for the VF-4?

- Any way to lower the price without compromising the quality of the toy? I know Yamato is small in comparison to TakaraTomy and Hasbro, but the Masterpiece Optimus Prime is about the same level of awsomeness as, say, the YF-19 and it can be found for $100, as opposed to the YF-19 where you're lucky if you can find it for $160.

- Will further toys come with more tampo marking? (Let's face it, it blows the stickers out of the water)

Edited by CdnShockwave

Here's one that hasn't been brought up yet:

* What steps is Yamato taking to ensure that there will be no (or minimal) design flaws, materials flaws, or loose joints on the first release editions of the SV-51's? Any info. they can divulge, like rachet joints for certain key areas or increased usage of POM on the wing connections or the fuselage sections?

Perhaps add a lock to the torso for a second release of the YF-19 in battroid mode, like the improvment with the nosecone they did with the 1/48 VF-1. That's all I want.

Yes! I almost forgot this. Why did they decide not to model the locking mechanism of the bandai vf-19 for thier yf-19?

I hated the fact that the 1/72 had a floppy upper body. Is there any way they could fix this problem for future yf-19 because it is one of the major ones for me.

1. cracked arms issue: will things like that be tested for future stuff like the yf21 or any other future macross toys? (hypothetcally speaking, I'm not saying it wil definately come out but this will affect how I am going to save my money to get one - I like to plan in advance as I can barely afford all the new releases coming out all at once.)

2. Is yamato going to make non-canon paintschemes for macross plus assuming there will be yf-21 and vf-11 releases like what we've had in the past with the 1/72 macross plus toys? I ask because I plan on getting a black yf-21 Fast Pack version in similar appearance to gamlin's VF-22 from macross 7.

3. Why won't you let graham tell us what the 80s robot show is? I think if we all knew ahead of time we could better prepare to afford the toys. What happens if a fan can't buy them on release (not enough money) and then has to wait a long time to save up before he can get the toy? And then has to pay a higher amount later because the toy is harder to find or the availability is scarce allowing various sellers to price gouge?

4. Macross II. Is it ever possible that mecha from this ova could ever be done in toy form by yamato in the near or long term future? Because of the similar transformation of the valkyrie in this show to the vf-1, I think it would be easy for yamato to start with doing toys based on them now. (as well as any of the non-canon destroids or non-transforming alien mecha in the anime)

5. Lastly: About mecha from macross games: we have seen the monster from VFX-2. Did this do well? What are the chances we see other mecha like the Variable Glaug or others in the near or long term future?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

please please PLEASE ask them what they plan to do about the crooked gunpods on the YF-19, the crooked landing gear on the YF-19, and if they'll provide a corrected part for both problems for the customers who have this problem.

Oh, and can you ask them to please do some more testing on their products before releasing them? (thus avoiding "negative feedback" from us Macrossworlders).

Just in case if no one said it for a while, thank you so much for everything you've done for us, Graham!

:lol:

Edited by AlphaOne

Any chance we might get a fully armored gerwalk, I think I remember seeing something in one of the old concept books, where there was a VF-1 in special armor similar to the GBP, but designed for it to work in Gerwalk mode.

Oh, and can you ask them to please do some more testing on their products before releasing them? (thus avoiding "negative feedback" from us Macrossworlders).

Just in case if no one said it for a while, thank you so much for everything you've done for us, Graham!

:lol:

Agreed. Some more testing to make sure that a lot of these problems are never voiced by the fans would be good. Doesn't matter if it delays the release, I'd much rather wait longer for a toy with few/none QC issues. I think that's a big one right there.

Graham.

Can you ask them if their 1/60 SV-51 is the figure to celebrate the 25th Anniversary?

WHY aren't they interested in making their own SDF-1 Macross? The WAVE version created a lot of buzz here, but we're pretty much hoping for something bigger and better (but NOT necessarily mor expensive) from Yamato.

Can you also remind them that a 1/48 VF-4 Lighting III would be a BEST seller?

Thanks again!

Edited by UN Spacy

Please tell Yamato to make their VFs secure in all modes. A sturdy fighter that is floppy and loose in gerwalk and battroid is not worth having.

Please tell them to enable locking of chestplate for all their Batroids.

Yamato wanted to make the 1/60 YF19 very close to anime... But I don't see Isamu's YF19 flipping its chestplate with arms flailing in the air like the toy. Or did I catch the edited Macross Plus?

1.) What excuse does yamato give for all these QC/design problems? (factory problems? cutting costs on materials?) Do they realise we are paying alot of money for a far from perfect product? Do they care?

2.) They have made the GBP armour. Will they consider making the Armored Gerwalk? (long shot but worth a try...since it at least has lineart)

3.) Will yamato ever redesign the valkyrie's chicken hands?

4.) Fans are worried for the SV-51 release due to problematic previous releases as well as a fragile looking design of the SV-51 itself. Will yamato be using better materials and do a proper stress test to ensure the production release of the SV-51 will be free from these problems?

5.) And someone mentioned it earlier, will yamato consider getting Temjin for box art? Will their box sizes possibly be reduced? (*shudders at the thought of the SV-51*)

6.) More info on the ghost release. Will the standalone ghost be able to attach itself to the VF-0 and will the parts be swappable between a drone ghost or a booster ghost?

7.) What is Yamato's plan for Macross' 25th Anniversay?